It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Something is so fishy with Afghanistan

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 24 2021 @ 09:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: EndtheMadnessNow
a reply to: sciencelol

The C.I.A. director visited Kabul for secret talks with the Taliban

The C.I.A. director, William J. Burns, traveled to Kabul for talks with the Taliban leadership, American officials familiar with his visit said on Tuesday, conducting the administration’s highest-level in-person talks so far with the new de facto leaders of Afghanistan.

Mr. Burns, who titled his memoir “The Back Channel,” specialized in delicate, secret communications during his long State Department career. A former ambassador to Russia and Jordan who rose to the department’s No. 3 post during the Obama administration, he was responsible for the initial undisclosed discussions that ultimately led to the Iran nuclear talks in the Obama administration.

When those talks produced the February 2020 agreement for American troops to withdraw, Mr. Baradar signed on behalf of the Taliban. A few days later, he spoke with Donald J. Trump — the first conversation between a U.S. president and a Taliban leader.

Given what we been watching play out on TV, I'd like to know how they just casually flew him into Kabul.🤡

Have you read the deal agreed between the US and the Taliban?
It explains why the Taliban now rule Afghanistan again. The US just surrendered it, even promising financial support.

Agreement for Bringing Peace to Afghanistan [PDF, 4 pages] signed Feb 29, 2020 by Ambassador Zalmay Khalilzad for the United States of America. Khalilzad was appointed by Trump as special envoy. That will give you a new perspective to reflect on based on what is going on now.🔥💥 Did Trump know about such language in the agreement? He sent his West Point boy Sec. Pompeo to oversee the signing.

Art of the deal to the Taliban - "The Islamic Emirate of Afghanistan which is not recognized by the United States as a state and is known as the Taliban"... Do NOT interfere with us (USA + allies) and you (Taliban) can do whatever the hell you want. Another epic disaster in the making and pResident Biden has already named the new, not new terrorist regime...ISIS-K.

The Taliban promised to protect a pipeline passing through Afghanistan from Turkmenistan to Pakistan & India. It will bypass Iran and give the USA access to oil reserves in central Asia. Democracy, human rights and the environment come 2nd to oil/gas & greed. Lockheed will be selling F-35s to the Taliban ($$$ via USAID) before long; pilots are extra.

Seems Trump wanted the US out by any means necessary and let them fight their own battles, but the "Plan" was not executed as agreed concerning the date/timeframes set. IDK, stranger things are afoot.

It seems that way, doesn't it?

posted on Aug, 24 2021 @ 09:25 PM
link   
a reply to: bobs_uruncle

The CCP will be along shor.......

Nevermind, they're already there!

posted on Aug, 24 2021 @ 09:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: sciencelol
We were there 20 years.

That is a whole generation of the most powerful military on earth occupying that place

How can they have enough Taliban left to take over every city in the country in a matter of days?

They cant hide in caves for 20 years and train for war with the U.S. militaries technology .

We have satellites and MOABS and so much more and we were there 20 years .

This makes no sense to me . Unless its all bull caca

God in heaven mate WAKE up.

All an Afghan Army soldier has to do is take off his uniform and dawn a robe and presto he is a Taliban .

A Taliban is a movement or an Ideal it's not a group as your brain would understand it .

Any Afghani can be a Taliban , they are not exactly checking backgrounds mate.

edit on 24-8-2021 by asabuvsobelow because: (no reason given)

edit on 24-8-2021 by asabuvsobelow because: More info and Grammar.

posted on Aug, 24 2021 @ 10:19 PM
link   
a reply to: JinMI

there's one flaw with that argument, all these years being there we never extracted those resources and we already have easier sources or mine enough at home that its not worth the time and money to get from afghanistan, there's no reason to invade them for mineral resources, desperation is the only reason you wage war for resources, which we arent.

this whole mineral argument is illogical and makes no sense.

we simply got angry after 9/11 and were looking for someone to take it out on and so we invaded them to get to al quaeda who were blamed by the media before the last plane even hit
edit on 24-8-2021 by namehere because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 24 2021 @ 10:24 PM
link   
They have the support of the people. They want Sharia law. 20 years and only a few thousand want our way of life.

posted on Aug, 24 2021 @ 10:47 PM
link   
a reply to: Jason79

not really, they simply didn't want to keep fighting anymore after being delegitimized when one of the former taliban leaders was released from prison in pakistan, then sent to the us to make a deal with trump to end the fighting. he made a deal with the taliban on purpose to sabotage the afghan will to keep fighting and believing in the government. trump is the reason they fell so fast.

posted on Aug, 24 2021 @ 10:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: namehere
a reply to: Jason79

not really, they simply didn't want to keep fighting anymore after being delegitimized when one of the former taliban leaders was released from prison in pakistan, then sent to the us to make a deal with trump to end the fighting. he made a deal with the taliban on purpose to sabotage the afghan will to keep fighting and believing in the government. trump is the reason they fell so fast.

Yep couldnt have anything to do with this list of random stuff Biden handed to them on a platter could it?

2,000 Armored Vehicles Including Humvees and MRAP’s
-75,989 Total Vehicles: FMTV, M35, Ford Rangers, Ford F350, Ford Vans, Toyota Pickups, Armored Security Vehicles etc
-45 UH-60 Blachhawk Helicopters
-50 MD530G Scout Attack Choppers
-ScanEagle Military Drones
-30 Military Version Cessnas
-4 C-130’s
-29 Brazilian made A-29 Super Tocano Ground Attack Aircraft

=208+ Aircraft Total!!

-At least 600,000+ Small arms M16, M249 SAWs, M24 Sniper Systems, 50 Calibers, 1,394 M203 Grenade Launchers, M134 Mini Gun, 20mm Gatling Guns and Ammunition
-61,000 M203 Rounds
-20,040 Grenades
-Howitzers
-Mortars +1,000’s of Rounds
-162,000 pieces of Encrypted Military Comunications Gear
-16,000+ Night Vision Goggles
-Newest Technology Night Vision Scopes
-Thermal Scopes and Thermal Mono Googles
-10,000 2.75 inch Air to Ground Rockets
-Recconaissance Equipment (ISR)
-Laser Aiming Units
-Explosives Ordnance C-4, Semtex, Detonators, Shaped Charges, Thermite, Incendiaries, AP/API/APIT
-2,520 Bombs
-Administration Encrypted Cell Phones and Laptops ALL operational
-Pallets with Millions of Dollars in US Currency
-Millions of Rounds of Ammunition including but not limited to 20,150,600 rounds of 7.62mm, 9,000,000 rounds of 50.caliber
-Large Stockpile of Plate Carriers and Body Armor
-US Military HIIDE, for Handheld Interagency Identity Detection Equipment Biometrics
-Lots of Heavy Equipment Including Bull Dozers, Backhoes, Dump Trucks, Excavators

LOL had to be the guy thats been out of office 8 months fault,

posted on Aug, 24 2021 @ 11:01 PM
link   

Have you noticed Biden turns his back to the reporters/US people every press conference. Every single one. Not a good sign.

posted on Aug, 24 2021 @ 11:54 PM
link   
a reply to: strongfp

I didn't know Bush Jr was a neoliberal.

posted on Aug, 25 2021 @ 03:34 AM
link   
a reply to: norhoc
I said a while back "China has called in her debts"
Rainbows
Jane

posted on Aug, 25 2021 @ 04:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: Jason79
They have the support of the people. They want Sharia law. 20 years and only a few thousand want our way of life.

Biggest load of uninformed bs I've read for a while.

posted on Aug, 25 2021 @ 07:06 AM
link   

The rush to get out is to take cover for the new war about to start where foreigners in Afghanstan could get caught up in the aftershocks...................

Today in JPost "Gantz: Iran is two months away from nuclear bomb" www.jpost.com...

They're going in ASAP and it's time to get out quick

posted on Aug, 25 2021 @ 07:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: ufoorbhunter

The rush to get out is to take cover for the new war about to start where foreigners in Afghanstan could get caught up in the aftershocks...................

Today in JPost "Gantz: Iran is two months away from nuclear bomb" www.jpost.com...

They're going in ASAP and it's time to get out quick

Iran have been "insert time period" away from getting the bomb for as long as I can remember.

If we cant win in Afghanistan, Iraq, Syria, Yemen etc. Well Iran has a pretty good military and Russian equipment, I think we would have a hard time getting anywhere.

posted on Aug, 25 2021 @ 09:15 AM
link   
ALERT

Be advised the Democrat-controlled Congress is following Pelosi's "all crisis are opportunity" motto, this week.

They are pushing through a massive $3.5 Trillion dollar boondoggle spending bill, while everyone is focusing on Afghanistan.

The complicit MSM gets a share, which is why they're all calling it a "budget".

It is NOT a US Budget bill: www.cnbc.com...

posted on Aug, 25 2021 @ 10:06 AM
link   
I find that NOT destroying all military materiel, including vehicles and aircraft extremely suspect.

Tallys like most afghans from outside cities have an Ak in the mitt almost as soon as they could walk, but notice how these fellas are keen to hold up their newly issued M16's and AR14's, with overly obvious trigger finger hanging out like a sore thumb. You could almost believe they were fesh back from weapons training.

Amongst the usual crowd footage this morning, I watched one Tally getting to it on some woman with the stick, only to be grabbed right away by another with wagged finger not to do that? "Wait my brother, the time will be soon" maybe?

FFS how hard is it screw up a helicopter/plane/humvee/ 4x4 SUV !
Lets leave thousands of AK ammo too, in case....oh I dunno...some guys decide to come back to Kabul unannounced!

posted on Aug, 25 2021 @ 10:06 AM
link   
a reply to: Nexttimemaybe

Yes for sure it will be hard going................. Yet the way things are going and with time literally becoming only a few weeks til Iran goes full on nuke, Israel is being forced to do it alone.

Israel's new PM Bennett flew out yesterday for an urgent meeting with Biden in washington, must be happening around now.

It's getting to the point regarding Iran of it's now or never in stopping them doing a North Korea and going full on nuke.

posted on Aug, 25 2021 @ 07:25 PM
link   
a reply to: 727Sky

Most Muslims I know fled nations that pushed Sharia law, or weren't even Muslim were Christians who fled persecution ... the ones who just came over for I guess, better quality of life are the ones who look awkward and weird.
Then again, I don't live in a Muslim majority area here. I'm stuck with drunk Polish and angry Greeks, Italians.
edit on 25-8-2021 by strongfp because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 25 2021 @ 08:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: Nexttimemaybe

originally posted by: Jason79

Biggest load of uninformed bs I've read for a while.

Educate yourself

news.gallup.com...

www.pewforum.org...

posted on Aug, 25 2021 @ 11:28 PM
link   
Some additional analysis of President Biden's actions, now that a few days have passed since Afghanistan was handed over to the Taliban terrorist organization.

DOUGLAS MURRAY: The White House press secretary told Fox News's White House correspondent yesterday that this was nothing but a success, this pullout. This is one of the greatest pullouts in history, one of the fastest pullouts.

It is so contemptible to look at it in this light. Yeah, and Britain and other allies of America certainly don't regard this as a success. They see it as America rushing out of Afghanistan in this incredibly ignominious fashion, handing the country over to the Taliban.

Anyone who sees this as some kind of diplomatic triumph is absolutely in la-la land.

Biden said that America was back when he came in as president.

He has ignored America's allies. He's handing over Kabul airport to the Taliban like the rest of Afghanistan, and his allies are left trying to mop up the pieces afterward.

This is not America extending its influence in the world. This is America running fast from an engagement that has been 20 years and behaving as if it's got an essay crisis at the last moment.

It is so sad for America's allies to see this, and the reverberations from this are going to go on for a very, very long time to come.
Source: www.foxnews.com...

posted on Aug, 31 2021 @ 11:25 AM
link   
I think the 13 U.S. Service members and 170 Afghan civilians didn't have to die at the hands of the suicide bomber, on August 26th. It's likely the Intel wasn't acted on until after they were killed.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join