It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

You Aren't allowed to know what Variant you have

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 25 2021 @ 06:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: JAGStorm
a reply to: Ksihkehe

If the test takes weeks to months how do they know Delta is running rampant as soon as it starts? Does this make sense to you?

Ding Ding Ding!!
EXACTLY!!

This one is simple, there aren't many labs in the US that can sequence a virus, it's more a European thing. What lab capacity is available is being used for important tasks like sequencing fir the CDC.

Your personal sequencing is put in the B queue, right near the back. It takes much longer because other samples are bumped in front of it.
edit on 25-8-2021 by AaarghZombies because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 25 2021 @ 06:46 AM
link   
a reply to: JAGStorm

Untrue.

In Denmark, samples are routine sequenced for Delta, to avoid mass spreading.

It's quite easy to do. The tech is there.

So, if they aren't allowed, my paranoid brain would say that the reason is because they want to control the variant infection numbers. If you can't confirm that you have Alpha or Delta, then they can choose that you have Delta, making the media reports more dire > more vaccination scare mongering > etc.
edit on 25/8/21 by flice because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 25 2021 @ 07:45 AM
link   
a reply to: flice

It's not a conspiracy, Denmark has a small population so it's easy to sequence a fair percentage of cases with a handful of labs

The US simply does not have the capacity to sequence that many.

Right now half of all sequencing for everything not just covid happens in Europe. Europe is the world leader in sequencing.

posted on Aug, 25 2021 @ 07:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: AaarghZombies
a reply to: flice

It's not a conspiracy, Denmark has a small population so it's easy to sequence a fair percentage of cases with a handful of labs

The US simply does not have the capacity to sequence that many.

Right now half of all sequencing for everything not just covid happens in Europe. Europe is the world leader in sequencing.

So the US doesn't scale up in biolabs? Seems like a mistake, especially after 18 months.

Here's a funny fact then.

US number citizens pr. McD: 23.719
DK number of citizens pr. McD: 65.168

Atleast your food will be ready at a third of the time in Denmark.

posted on Aug, 25 2021 @ 04:12 PM
link   
a reply to: network dude

You're seeing it correctly. Hospitalizations are lower, but the death rate is higher....like 4X+ higher.

I wouldn't call 250,000 cases a small sample size though.

posted on Aug, 29 2021 @ 08:11 AM
link   
My family all tested positive (all vaxxed) and just discuss “this variant” they have. The kids have mild fevers for over the two week period (all young) but are all in good spirits and everyone is recovering seemingly fine. It’s difficult to discern the situation, there is a lot of hyperbole from them when discussing what’s happening and they seem to sort of enjoy the drama of “coooovvviiiiiidddddd” it’s far scarier to them testing positive with covid than the actual symptoms.

They never took any test that described them having a “variant” or defining it. They just have assumed it’s a variant, it’s sooo contagious and dangerous... but they can still drink their wine every night...

It’s concerning, I just want them to be ok and it seems like they are.

www.businessinsider.com...

Several legal barriers prevented Reider and his doctors — as well as nearly all Americans who have tested positive for the coronavirus — from knowing which variant was to blame.

Validating a test for a single variant could take weeks to months, she added.

The process of validating a next-generation sequencing test is burdensome," Wroblewski said. "It takes a lot of time. It takes a lot of data. It takes a lot of resources. And the thing about the variants is that variants of concern and of interest are constantly changing, so you would have to do a whole validation every time you have a variant.

Always remember to READ BETWEEN the lines......
So, you know how the flu shot is only effective for certain strains.
Well Coronavirus is like that too to a degree.

Here they are admitting variants of concern and of interest are constantly changing
Since they aren't testing them, how the heck do you know if by the time you get Vaccine, A, B, C or Delta what you
have isn't already something NEW. We keep hearing Delta, Delta, Delta but how do we know if they aren't testing?!!

So basically they are saying the vaccine is good enough, until it isn't, or something like that...
But don't you worry and just take the jab, and the booster, and another and another..

A more concerning variant could push scientists to disclose information to patients

posted on Aug, 29 2021 @ 02:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: network dude

originally posted by: MotherMayEye

I must be looking at that chart wrong. To me, it looks like the unvaccinated had a significantly lower death rate than those with 2 shots. It was a small sample size, but still odd numbers, unless I see it wrong.

Unfortunately yes you are

You have to take the infection rate into account, if you look at the vaccinated numbers there are 6.7 x more infected, if you extrapolate that out in a linear fashion (increase the unvaccinated deaths by 6.7x) you get to over 2k deaths

The interesting part is actually the infection rates, why are the vaccinated cases 6.7x higher? In the over 50s, but 4.3x lower in the under 50’s?

I’m guessing

• Care homes / retirement homes - harder to isolate cases
  • Waning vaccine efficacy - vaccine efficacy has to be nearing 50% for most of the over 65 age range as they were being offered a vaccine in February
  • Higher co-morbidity rates more complications with age

But without looking deeper I could be wrong

posted on Aug, 29 2021 @ 02:20 PM
link   
Whatever variant you have, have had, or will have, just get over it and then you can ignore all the BS regarding vaccines and boosters from now on.

posted on Aug, 30 2021 @ 03:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: MotherMayEye
a reply to: JAGStorm

Without this information for breakthrough cases, the risk of ADE remains a mystery.

Is the vaccine failing with the Wuhan strain or just the Delta or both? UK is reporting a lower breakthrough case rate for Delta, but the fatality rate is alarmingly high.

50+ were the first to get the jabs and would be the first to lose the circulating antibodies. Are their immune systems working properly to make more when they are exposed after that?

ETA: It's as if it's pretty much a virus old people die of for the unvaccinated, but not so much in the vaccinated. I just find this data is so confusing. Why do so many older people get it when they are vaccinated?

Do you know which report this data table came from?

posted on Nov, 7 2021 @ 08:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: damitt
reply to: network dude
No you seeing it correctly the death is higher in vaccinated then the unvaccinated. but the infection rate is higher in the unvaccinated then the Vaccinated
Only because they don't test for or count the jabbed unless/until they are in the hospital - and even then many times not...

The numbers are fake... as fake as the Russia and Ukraine hoaxes ever were.

posted on Nov, 7 2021 @ 11:01 PM
link   

Here they are admitting variants of concern and of interest are constantly changing
Since they aren't testing them, how the heck do you know if by the time you get Vaccine, A, B, C or Delta what you
have isn't already something NEW. We keep hearing Delta, Delta, Delta but how do we know if they aren't testing?!!

I guess I view this differently than the status quo, vaxxed or unvaxxed. It's like everybody keeps talking about it as if only catching one singular strain of Covid. When in reality, vaxxed or unvaxxed, people are being exposed to multiple variants and building immunity to multiple variants and not just a singular variant.

I can figure out some ( not all ) of the strains that I've been exposed to and built immunity to. There are slight differences in symptoms. So for example...

March 2020 an influx of Covid comes to Phoenix as tourists bring Covid to 9 baseball stadiums during Spring Training, hotels, restaurants, bars, fast food places. The two known strains were those from Seattle and those from NYC.

Catching one or both of those made me sick for 15 days, gasping for air and taking 5-8 magnesium pills a day just to breathe, body aches, sleeping for sometimes 12 hours a day, exhausted, loss of smell, loss of taste.

After being that sick, I knew I had to build up my immune system for future mutations as cold viruses mutate exponentially and therefore, so would Covid. In the next few months, I tried to re-expose myself to possible mutations to build up immunity to them. Most attempts to expose myself to mutations only resulted in symptoms of loss of smell again, body aches, the need for some extra sleep and breathing difficulties for 2 days or less.

When the Alpha wave came around the world: same thing. On exposure to new mutations, only symptoms were loss of smell, slight difficulty breathing for 2 days or less, body aches, extra tiredness.

When Delta wave circulated, I was ready for exposure to a new mutation. Only difference in delta was the slight loss of hearing as a symptom, loss of smell, body aches, extra sleep and slight difficulty breathing for 2 days or less.

After delta, I'm pretty sure I exposed myself to one of the delta plus strains. Either AY1 or AY2, both in California and everything from California hits Phoenix. That one had different symptoms. About 8 days. The difficulty breathing still only 2 days or less. But the new symptom was severe gas and diarrhea for 8 days. The loss of smell, body aches came with it. I changed what I ate everyday every meal, so I know it was not the food I was eating. I ate something different and new every meal for 8 days never repeating anything I ate.

After that, maybe exposed myself to one more mutation that gave me difficulty breathing for a day, but that's about ir.

So it's not just catch Covid once and that's it. Everybody is catching the mutations, the different strains. Some you fight off without incident. Others take a couple of days to fight off. Then you build up an immunity to each one. Covid is everywhere.

At least that's how it goes for the unvaxxed. Not sure how it goes for the vaxxed who hid in their homes for months before getting jabbed. It's probably a different experience for them. But they are still being exposed to multiple variants, multiple mutations and not just one singular strain of Covid.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join