It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

You Aren't allowed to know what Variant you have

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:
+5 more 
posted on Aug, 24 2021 @ 02:53 PM
link   
www.businessinsider.com...

Several legal barriers prevented Reider and his doctors — as well as nearly all Americans who have tested positive for the coronavirus — from knowing which variant was to blame.

Validating a test for a single variant could take weeks to months, she added.

The process of validating a next-generation sequencing test is burdensome," Wroblewski said. "It takes a lot of time. It takes a lot of data. It takes a lot of resources. And the thing about the variants is that variants of concern and of interest are constantly changing, so you would have to do a whole validation every time you have a variant.

Always remember to READ BETWEEN the lines......
So, you know how the flu shot is only effective for certain strains.
Well Coronavirus is like that too to a degree.

Here they are admitting variants of concern and of interest are constantly changing
Since they aren't testing them, how the heck do you know if by the time you get Vaccine, A, B, C or Delta what you
have isn't already something NEW. We keep hearing Delta, Delta, Delta but how do we know if they aren't testing?!!

So basically they are saying the vaccine is good enough, until it isn't, or something like that...
But don't you worry and just take the jab, and the booster, and another and another..

A more concerning variant could push scientists to disclose information to patients

posted on Aug, 24 2021 @ 03:12 PM
link   
a reply to: JAGStorm

Without this information for breakthrough cases, the risk of ADE remains a mystery.

Is the vaccine failing with the Wuhan strain or just the Delta or both? UK is reporting a lower breakthrough case rate for Delta, but the fatality rate is alarmingly high.

50+ were the first to get the jabs and would be the first to lose the circulating antibodies. Are their immune systems working properly to make more when they are exposed after that?

ETA: It's as if it's pretty much a virus old people die of for the unvaccinated, but not so much in the vaccinated. I just find this data is so confusing. Why do so many older people get it when they are vaccinated?

edit on 8/24/2021 by MotherMayEye because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 24 2021 @ 03:14 PM
link   
According to the CDC website, if you have COVID you've basically got the "Delta" variant.
variant tracker

They'll keep playing whack-a-mole with leaky vaccines hoping we don't get unlucky with a deadly strain

posted on Aug, 24 2021 @ 03:21 PM
link   
a reply to: MotherMayEye

Why is the a lower breakthrough case rate for Delta? but fatality rate is alarmingly high as the results of the third booster shots? are the vaxs behind this?

Something doesn't add up.

posted on Aug, 24 2021 @ 03:22 PM
link   

It's not that you "aren't allowed" to now what variant you have, it's that it's simply not cost effective to sequence every sample due to the lack of lab facilities currently available.

You can sequence anything you want, but A) You're going to need to pay for it yourself and B) You've got to get in line behind the people doing important research.

posted on Aug, 24 2021 @ 03:25 PM
link   
It would seem that they are guessing how many cases of each variant are out there, in order to come up with the figures.

posted on Aug, 24 2021 @ 03:28 PM
link   
a reply to: HawkEyi

Oh, I agree...I don't know what is going on and I don't find people credible that claim to.

I've always said I wanted to see how the vaccinated did this winter before even thinking about getting it...so far, it's a definite 'no way' and it's not even fall.

posted on Aug, 24 2021 @ 03:55 PM
link   
Within a few years, they will have to use word combinations, not letters to identify the variants. It mutates a lot in people and they are not even identifying a hundredth of the variants. Some may become benign while others could shift in many ways and some will be worse than the originals they were formed off of by horizontal transferase from other viruses or even from people's genetics.

Some of this change is just chance...mistakes in replication. Some is by design with billions of years of evolution of viruses they did gain some protection. We have a lot of types of viruses in our bodies at all times, they float around in the air and are on everything. But the vast majority do not effect us at all until our immune system falters with age. It is a part of life in the reality we live in.

There is no way that they can check out every person and classify a new variant, there are probably many hundreds or even thousands of variants already and some fit into those listed classes. others have not been classified yet and that takes lots of time to research and is not necessary with this wimpy virus that many flavanoids and natural chemicals neutralize the replication of. The problem is a lot of people do not eat those foods that protect them....not enough chicken soup is eaten by people that is homemade anymore.
edit on 24-8-2021 by rickymouse because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 24 2021 @ 03:58 PM
link   
Soo what that means, that the boosters just like the original jabs are useless, because nobody knows what is the "variant" affecting people at a given time.

How comforting.

posted on Aug, 24 2021 @ 04:39 PM
link   
It would become a blame game, the delta variant, was originally the Indian variant.

So by changing names, it's harder to blame which country caused it, doubt moving forward we would get "Zimbabwe Variant" just "oh dear a new variant has been found called Golf variant"

posted on Aug, 24 2021 @ 05:42 PM
link   
They don’t know chit from Shinola.

I have dirty socks in my closet older than this vaccine.

If 90% is Herd Immunity.

I’m golden...

posted on Aug, 24 2021 @ 05:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: JAGStorm
www.businessinsider.com...

Always remember to READ BETWEEN the lines......
So, you know how the flu shot is only effective for certain strains.
Well Coronavirus is like that too to a degree.

Here they are admitting variants of concern and of interest are constantly changing
Since they aren't testing them, how the heck do you know if by the time you get Vaccine, A, B, C or Delta what you
have isn't already something NEW. We keep hearing Delta, Delta, Delta but how do we know if they aren't testing?!!

So basically they are saying the vaccine is good enough, until it isn't, or something like that...
But don't you worry and just take the jab, and the booster, and another and another..

A more concerning variant could push scientists to disclose information to patients

They are testing as many samples as possible to see which variant is showing up in which countries/states.

They're simply no testing on an individual level with tracking and communications and the mounds of paperwork that would be necessary to do this in an already way past overburdened system. Priorities. But do proceed with your blind outrage.

posted on Aug, 24 2021 @ 05:55 PM
link   
Also, the headline appears to be crap. Legal barriers are not the same as not being able to legally do something.

The article may explain this more fully, but it's not letting me access it.

posted on Aug, 24 2021 @ 06:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: MotherMayEye

I must be looking at that chart wrong. To me, it looks like the unvaccinated had a significantly lower death rate than those with 2 shots. It was a small sample size, but still odd numbers, unless I see it wrong.

posted on Aug, 24 2021 @ 07:23 PM
link   
It's not something that local labs have the ability to test for. They send off random samples to more advanced labs to report back as to which strain is prevalent.

posted on Aug, 24 2021 @ 07:48 PM
link   
No you seeing it correctly the death is higher in vaccinated then the unvaccinated. but the infection rate is higher in the unvaccinated then the
Vaccinated reply to: network dude

posted on Aug, 24 2021 @ 08:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: LordAhriman
It's not something that local labs have the ability to test for. They send off random samples to more advanced labs to report back as to which strain is prevalent.

If the test takes weeks to months how do they know Delta is running rampant as soon as it starts? Does this make sense to you?

If they aren't correlating to specific patients how can they determine Delta is more deadly and impacting people outside the established risk groups?

Does this sound like something you can claim based on random samples? It sounds to me like they are reporting things as far more certain than the data would allow. Random sampling of patients? That's what we do with mosquitoes to track West Nile. Any extrapolation from random samples isn't comprehensive enough for them to be so certain about these details.

Unless you just said what sounded good. That could also explain the discrepancy.

posted on Aug, 24 2021 @ 08:02 PM
link   
a reply to: Ksihkehe

If the test takes weeks to months how do they know Delta is running rampant as soon as it starts? Does this make sense to you?

Ding Ding Ding!!
EXACTLY!!

posted on Aug, 25 2021 @ 04:26 AM
link   
a reply to: MotherMayEye

Why do so many older people get it when they are vaccinated?

Wanna' fix Social Security?

Wanna' start mining all that middle class 401k retirement money?

posted on Aug, 25 2021 @ 06:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: marg6043
Soo what that means, that the boosters just like the original jabs are useless, because nobody knows what is the "variant" affecting people at a given time.

How comforting.

No, because the mRNA and vv vaxes train your body using protein that's common to all known variants and us highly unlikely to change as its a pretty important part of the virus.

If the virus changed that much it would effect the 7nvaxxed even more.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join