It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dueling Demonstrations Erupt Across Portland

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 24 2021 @ 12:51 PM
link   
frontier.yahoo.com...

Portland Entertainment Bureau certified.

Law enforcement decided ahead of time to step back and let these opposing crews chew at each other.

See, there were two protests planned for that day. Two. One for one side and blocks away another for the other.

I live way south of Portland in a rural area and never venture North that far. We get our local TV news from another small town that deliver the four major tv news outlets. At least two of them are owned by the same company.

Anyway, watching the news on Friday night, waiting for the weather report they did a bit on the coming protests, laying out exactly who would be where and when they would be there. They also generally reported the stand and watch tactic law enforcement would be using. I sat there gobsmacked listening to this stations local news reports virtually ''inviting'' people to attend.

Extrapolating here of course. Could this be a direction our major cities could be looking at? Setting off sections of town for protesters to fight their running battles? Set up ''eye in the sky'' cameras like they use in football games now? Drone fly overs? Contain the contestents in say a five block area and let em go at each other?

Vegas could watch and make bets as the battles develop. Could be fun huh? Haven't we seen a s/f movie or so along this theme?

AT point 2.50 in this second video, the commentator makes mention of the lack of law enforcement in the area and their plan to not engage.

Edit.

edit on 31America/ChicagoTue, 24 Aug 2021 12:56:44 -0500Tue, 24 Aug 2021 12:56:44 -050021082021-08-24T12:56:44-05:001200000056 by TerryMcGuire because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 24 2021 @ 12:58 PM
link   
a reply to: TerryMcGuire

Did they set any buildings on fire?

It would be a disappointing march if they didn't...

posted on Aug, 24 2021 @ 01:00 PM
link   
Did I read that right, the liberals who are supposed to dislike guns are firing at the guys who like guns and the guys who like guns are not shooting back?

Oh wait....I guess I was wrong, one far right guy did fire first supposedly which made the far left start shooting at them. but the proud boys did not evidently start shooting back at the anifa people when they started shooting.

This new reality we live in is so confusing, those who supposedly dislike people having guns all have guns.
edit on 24-8-2021 by rickymouse because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 24 2021 @ 01:01 PM
link   
That Guardians clip the OP posted is incredibly misleading and a prime example of fake news.

Still, interesting to watch and rightfully ratioed on its own channel, the comment section has more facts.

As for if this is coming to city blocks near you? No, not like this. Though, I forsee more people speaking out, little groups.

As for Portland, it made itself like that and the proud boys are the direct response to those actions by Antifa. Causal action, nothing more.

I've said this many times and believe it, we're a divided Nation now. The ideological lines have been drawn.

posted on Aug, 24 2021 @ 01:05 PM
link   
a reply to: rickymouse

Not really. Apparently one of the guys who is said to love guns fired on a group and a guy who is said to hate guns fired back. I't's all BS Ricky. Neither side is liberal or conservative. Both are hooligans and hooligans love guns.

posted on Aug, 24 2021 @ 01:06 PM
link   
No buildings on fire. The Proud Boys did actually accidentally gas themselves in the Kmart parking lot. They wandered the neighborhood paint balling anything they thought was antifa. They also tipped over a handicap transport van and attacked a guy in a truck in a high school parking lot. After one of the guys literally crying that the communists took everything from him they relocated into the city where one PB starting shooting at people using a small handgun. In the video not sure who he was shooting at as the street was basically empty. The cops did come and arrest him. I can't post pics but there are some of the van and the PB attacking the guy inside of his vehicle after they broke out the windows. I watched a live stream.

posted on Aug, 24 2021 @ 01:09 PM
link   
a reply to: Arnie123

The headline for the article linked to also featured Proud Boys in the headline so I changed that because it was not a true evaluation of the sporting event.

posted on Aug, 24 2021 @ 01:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: TerryMcGuire
a reply to: rickymouse

Not really. Apparently one of the guys who is said to love guns fired on a group and a guy who is said to hate guns fired back. I't's all BS Ricky. Neither side is liberal or conservative. Both are hooligans and hooligans love guns.

Sounds like a normal crazy day in the life of Portland. I added to my first post quickly with an edit after reading more about it and it matches what you say. That is like a hollywood cop show, lots of shooting and nobody gets killed. I still do not understand how someone can miss a big target like a person with a gun...maybe they do not practice enough. I would feel safer if I was the one that got shot at than being someone walking on the street a block away.

posted on Aug, 24 2021 @ 01:17 PM
link   
So if you hate the far left, and want to kick them off your streets for the violent riots they're causing

Does make you Far Right?

Literally the Proud Boys wouldn't exist without the rise in the far left, good luck to them IMO

edit on 24-8-2021 by TritonTaranis because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 24 2021 @ 01:20 PM
link   
Jesus, it must have been a hairy situation. there must have been thou..., hund.... about a dozen Proud Boys.

posted on Aug, 24 2021 @ 01:24 PM
link   
FIFY Hooligans love violence. The type of tool to conduct violence is irrelevant.

Fear what ever objects you wish.

posted on Aug, 24 2021 @ 01:25 PM
link   

It does remind me of Thunderdome a bit. Heck, I'd pay to watch those circus clowns go at it.

posted on Aug, 24 2021 @ 01:28 PM
link   

Portland Police have pretty much abandoned their citizens. If they were just allowed to handle the riots last summer like a proper police force and the DA wasn't an Antifa sympathizer this wouldn't be happening.

Proud Boys are basically frenemies with Antifa at this point. They give meaning to each other. Maybe in a month or two they all get a room and get it over with. A sweaty, low T, orgy between the commie Chads and the patriot CHUDS. A non-binary and bipartisan bumping of uglies.
edit on 8/24/21 by Ksihkehe because: Typo

posted on Aug, 24 2021 @ 01:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: TritonTaranis
So if you hate the far left, and want to kick them off your streets for the violent riots they're causing

Does make you Far Right?

Literally the Proud Boys wouldn't exist without the rise in the far left, good luck to them IMO

I also don't think they are far right...

posted on Aug, 24 2021 @ 01:31 PM
link   
a reply to: Ksihkehe
Your level of extrapolation makes me shudder K.

posted on Aug, 24 2021 @ 01:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: Ksihkehe

Proud Boys are basically frenemies with Antifa at this point. They give meaning to each other. Maybe in a month or two they all get a room and get it over with. A sweaty, low T, orgy between the commie Chads and the Patriot CHUDS. A non-binary and bipartisan bumping of uglies.

Proud Boys are a lot more beefier than your typical ANTIFA toy boy... When they do clash the ANTIFA kind of take a beating, but Portland's leadership in the past has supported ANTIFA while ruling Proud Boys as an illegal gathering, so I wonder if they have changed their stance on that.

posted on Aug, 24 2021 @ 01:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: frogs453
No buildings on fire. The Proud Boys did actually accidentally gas themselves in the Kmart parking lot. They wandered the neighborhood paint balling anything they thought was antifa. They also tipped over a handicap transport van and attacked a guy in a truck in a high school parking lot. After one of the guys literally crying that the communists took everything from him they relocated into the city where one PB starting shooting at people using a small handgun. In the video not sure who he was shooting at as the street was basically empty. The cops did come and arrest him. I can't post pics but there are some of the van and the PB attacking the guy inside of his vehicle after they broke out the windows. I watched a live stream.

Tell the rest of the story. The van was used to try to run people over and the guy in the pickup was transporting Antifa hardware. If you haven't learned yet Antifa and the press both are very eager to edit videos for their agenda.

It's convenient for one side to be the bad guys because of politics, but that's not the case. They're all USDA prime cut a-holes destroying things that don't belong to them.

posted on Aug, 24 2021 @ 01:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: TerryMcGuire
Your level of extrapolation makes me shudder K.

I can go more cycles that a COVID PCR and am at least twice as accurate.

posted on Aug, 24 2021 @ 02:03 PM
link   

Were you watching live? The PB were in the street and lot. The van wasn't trying to run over anyone. Although according to ATS and Florida it is legal to run over any protesters. Also, the single guy was supplying equipment? To whom? He wasn't handing out equipment. There were a few other empty vehicles and no other people. The PB tore both vehicles apart and were taking anything they could find or just throwing it around if it was of no consequence. Did you see any equipment?

I am certainly not an antifa supporter, in this case though, the PB were in a quiet neighborhood walking down the middle of the street paint balling and bear spraying anyone. One guy just went to 7-11 to get a slurpee. Because he was wearing a dark color hoodie he was bear sprayed.

Both groups are clowns.

posted on Aug, 24 2021 @ 02:03 PM
link   
Well, we're getting a case study for if the purge works.

Maybe it will let the LARPers get it out of their system, though I doubt that.

One side is droning on about perceived oppression (outside of their "class" of course), while the other side is veiled in justification for subduing the above threat.

Truth be told, I'm not worried about ANTIFA, a vast majority of Americans have never seen one... or a nazi for that matter.

So going up there and fighting is only giving them an actual enemy be it real or imagined. They'll move the goalposts and play mental gymnastics that only a fascist would want to suppress "anti fascists".

The list of real problems we have now is unprecedented, so I won't admire any of these nerds on their quest for fantasy.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join