It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Cart Before the Horse

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 24 2021 @ 09:18 AM
link   
I rarely hear this argument, but it’s out there…
In November last year, I was sitting around with my wife and her best friend. We were discussing the ‘vaccine’ rollout planned for the following month. My wife’s best friend is a raving Progressive and possibly the least informed person I’ve ever met; I’m a raging Conservative. And I know I don’t have all the answers. No-one does.
She said I was an “idiot” for not wanting to take the vax. I said it wasn’t approved yet, it was experimental. She said it was already “approved” for use. I said “How?! It hasn’t even been a year yet since Covid reared it’s ugly head. Vaccines take—on average—ten YEARS to make their way through the system before the FDA approves them!”
She thought for a second and said that while this particular vaccine was new, “they’ve been working on this [mRNA] technology for YEARS!” So I said “Why? Who knew about COVID before this last January?” She says “They were experimenting on drugs for AIDS and that sort of thing. They just switched it over to COVID”.

Now, given that that group of virologists from India claimed they identified parts of the AIDS virus that had been inserted into the DNA of the original strain of COVID, and given that until recently it took ten YEARS of trials before a medicine is approved, my question is this: If COVID wasn’t created in a lab, Why would a pharmaceutical company spend millions of dollars, years in advance, to create a vaccine against it?

posted on Aug, 24 2021 @ 09:27 AM
link   
Progressives suck when it comes to common sense most times. Yes they have been working with mRNA vaccines for over a decade, but have never successfully made an mRNA vaccine that was safe enough to use on people...lots of problems have occurred. All those ideas that they used to create those bad vaccines had evidence to back that the vaccine would be safe to use or they would not have used them. None of them got approved under the current laws they had...which they seem to have changed now and that kind of worries me.

posted on Aug, 24 2021 @ 09:38 AM
link   
They didn’t spend millions of dollars a year specifically for a COVID19 vaccine. They spent millions of dollars a year developing the technology to deliver mRNA into human cells. That technology can be used for a large number of medical applications. For example, it might be useful for curing cancer. Also, there were other mRNA vaccines in phase II trials before COVID19 came along. One of the reasons mRNA vaccines are attractive is because they can be manufactured and tested in an extremely short time. It only took two days from the time the genetic sequence of the virus was released publicly until Pfizer and Moderna had designed their vaccines and were testing them in the lab.

a reply to: Thoughtcrime

posted on Aug, 24 2021 @ 09:43 AM
link   
This person explains about the vaccine and immunocompromised people. It is an honest article, stating that immunocompromised people are not fully protected even with the booster shot. The author sounds legit in this one. Not a parrot pushing false praise of the vaccine.

scitechdaily.com...

posted on Aug, 24 2021 @ 09:47 AM
link   
Thanks am relived to know the top minds in the world spent 48hours creating the vaccine. Given such a long time span one can assume there are no mistakes and the work has been double and triple checked.

These companies have completely spotless track records and have never not once been shown to be negligent in any way.
We shouldn’t even question these companies their goals or their profits it’s all for the greater good of humanity and has absolutely nothing what so ever to do with money.

I am so relieved you brought this comforting information to the masses.
a reply to: 1947boomer

posted on Aug, 24 2021 @ 10:01 AM
link   

My wife’s best friend is a raving Progressive and possibly the least informed person I’ve ever met;...

LOL! Her and about 81 million others. In fact, some of those people are so astonishingly stupid that they don't even exist!

...I’m a raging Conservative.

You missed a golden opportunity here! You should have ended this sentence with...", and very likely the smartest most intelligentest person I ever metted."

Just for fun.

I'm probably considered a rabid conservative by many as well, and I know for a fact that I am the most intelligentest person that I ever metted.

posted on Aug, 24 2021 @ 10:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: rickymouse
Progressives suck when it comes to common sense most times. Yes they have been working with mRNA vaccines for over a decade, but have never successfully made an mRNA vaccine that was safe enough to use on people...lots of problems have occurred. All those ideas that they used to create those bad vaccines had evidence to back that the vaccine would be safe to use or they would not have used them. None of them got approved under the current laws they had...which they seem to have changed now and that kind of worries me.

I’ve only recently heard about these mRNA vaccines and the issues associated with them—lab animals dying at alarming rates; the inventor of mRNA telling folks NOT to take vaccines based on that technology…

I used to invest in small pharmaceutical start-ups. The kind of folks that Big Pharma contact when they need someone to investigate or produce what are called “orphan drugs”. Orphan drugs, as I understand it, are drugs in search of a disease [If I recall correctly, Aspirin is the most famous Orphan Drug]. In other words, ‘here’s a safe drug that seems to work on this. What else can we use it for?’ Orphan drugs can be drugs whose Proprietary rights have expired (gone generic). Orphan drugs can ALSO be drugs used to treat symptoms or diseases that very few people on earth suffer from; yes it works, but its not profitable for Big Pharma to bother with it.

As part of investing in those small start ups, I learned about the drug pipeline and approval process: Research Phase (the company discovers/creates a substance); Preliminary Phase (test design, desired outcomes, animal trials); FDA Review of proposed Preliminary Phase; FDA approval for Phase 1 Clinical Trials; FDA review of Phase 1 Results; FDA approval for Phase 2 Clinical Trials, etc then Final Approval and licensing. It takes MILLIONS of dollars and a lot of time.

Given all that, what are the chances a drug company would switch mid-stream of the approval process and start trials of the drug’s efficacy in treating a hitherto unknown disease?

edit on 24-8-2021 by Thoughtcrime because: Clarity and punctuation

posted on Aug, 24 2021 @ 10:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: Athetos
Thanks am relived to know the top minds in the world spent 48hours creating the vaccine. Given such a long time span one can assume there are no mistakes and the work has been double and triple checked.

These companies have completely spotless track records and have never not once been shown to be negligent in any way.
We shouldn’t even question these companies their goals or their profits it’s all for the greater good of humanity and has absolutely nothing what so ever to do with money.

**MAJOR BURNAGE**

**Extinguishing flaming monitor now**

posted on Aug, 24 2021 @ 10:05 AM
link   
a reply to: Flyingclaydisk

😂

posted on Aug, 24 2021 @ 10:15 AM
link   

That was a thoughtful answer. Here’s something that troubles me though: “It only took two days from the time the genetic sequence of the virus was released publicly until Pfizer and Moderna had designed their vaccines and were testing them in the lab.”

That assumes that the Chinese provided an accurate COVID DNA sequence, rather than hiding parts of it or supplying a closely related coronavirus genome instead.

posted on Aug, 24 2021 @ 11:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: 1947boomer
They didn’t spend millions of dollars a year specifically for a COVID19 vaccine. They spent millions of dollars a year developing the technology to deliver mRNA into human cells. That technology can be used for a large number of medical applications. For example, it might be useful for curing cancer. Also, there were other mRNA vaccines in phase II trials before COVID19 came along. One of the reasons mRNA vaccines are attractive is because they can be manufactured and tested in an extremely short time. It only took two days from the time the genetic sequence of the virus was released publicly until Pfizer and Moderna had designed their vaccines and were testing them in the lab.

Sounds promising. How many therapies did they do clinical trials on in humans using this technology?

I bet it's a yuuuuge number if they've been at it so long.

posted on Aug, 24 2021 @ 11:08 AM
link   
I'll just put this here in case anybody was wondering why they were actually working on it.

This was a statement made by Peter Daszak in 2015, and reported in the National Academies Press on February 12, 2016, in which he declared: ‘We need to increase public understanding of the need for medical counter-measures such as a pan-coronavirus vaccine. A key driver is the media, and the economics will follow the hype. We need to use that hype to our advantage, to get to the real issues. Investors will respond if they see profit at the end of the process.’

www.conservativewoman.co.uk...

posted on Aug, 24 2021 @ 12:10 PM
link   

You know more than I do on that, you even had the right words in place...."treat the symptoms".

All I know for sure is that the normal process has not been followed in creating these new mRNA and some other covid vaccines and that the main objective is not to stop the infection by the virus, it is to keep the virus from going covid...a similar disease to Sepsis in the body.

You can steep dried birch tree or even poplar leaves in hot water and get a Salicylate which is metabolized into the chemical in aspirin. It is also in their bark and in leaves of many trees. I got a little too much salicylate in my body through my hands peeling poplar bark off of dead trees, it got absorbed through my skin. That was not something I will do again, I will wear gloves if I ever debark a dead tree full of that liquid between the bark and wood.

Asprin compounds are in many things, I prefer it in cucumbers myself because I like cucumbers. I know women put them over their eyes, I wonder if you could use cucumber to treat inflamation on your wrist from leaving it on there for a while....wait, what a waste of cucumber, maybe just grab some birch leaves and throw them in a blender....they are free.

I did a lot of research on birch leaves and Salicylates, because an older guy in his late eighties and his wife used them to make tea out of all the time....impressive how the people profiting off of aspirin chose a willow tree from South America to tell the public they developed their aspirin from, something that we could not find around here when in fact the chemicals can be found in lots of things in America. They used that trickery method of steering our view of things away from nature we had access to by saying it was found in South America. Same with the chemical in Tamaflu, it is not just in star anise, in fact, there are two very potent chemicals in pine needle tea, one of them is that same chemical they tout as lowering the severety of the flu but the other chemical in pine needle tea actually treats the virus that causes covid..

They have used the same deceptive tactics for a century in this country. Pharma companies start lots of rumors too, they start crazy rumors they can later debunk to make all natural cures seem fake...when they are not and are sometimes superior to the meds designed off of them.

posted on Aug, 24 2021 @ 12:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: Athetos

That is one of the best puns I have seen in a long time. I bet they use windex to keep their track records sparkling clean.

posted on Sep, 24 2021 @ 06:49 PM
link   

Orphan drugs, as I understand it, are drugs in search of a disease

This is actually a bit shocking, but not surprising. That they actually see nothing wrong with that kind of mindset and procedure.

Isn't it supposed to work the opposite way? There's an injury, disease, ailment or a health problem, let's find what would cure it. Oh, these herbs work for similar conditions, let's try them. Oh, these acu-points usually energize and boost healing properties in this area of the body, let's see if it helps.

It shouldn't go: 'ok, this synthetic chemical concoction seems to produce some kind of 'treatment' or relieve symptoms for this condition (despite a thousand unwanted side-effects), what other things could we MARKET it for to maximise profit?'.

This reveals the corporate 'mindset' so perfectly, and yet people don't even blink if they hear about 'orphan drugs'. Such drugs shouldn't exist. There should only be things that heal, not things that 'might work for something'.

There's a vast difference between a synthetic pharma drug and an ancient herb, just as there is between 'eternal treatment' (for maximum profit) and 'permanently healed'.

Pharma doesn't want to cure or heal, it wants to treat and keep people on drugs.

Herbs have offered people healing without side-effects for thousands of years, and yet, in our 'modern culture', it's more normal to just walk to a pharma drug dispenser and purchase expensive synthetic concoctions - I am surprised they don't have an altar you have to say a mantra to every time, people worship big pharma so much you are not even allowed to doubt or criticize their motivations, let alone their lab-made synth mixtures.

Big pharmais nothing but snake-oil salesmen that have 'perfected' their craft - both marketing and content of the oil - so it sometimes seems to actually function a little bit - but JUST enough to make people keep coming back and buying more, not ever enough to completely heal someone.

Sick corporations 'treating' sick people forever, that's the modern way. Long gone are the days when a medicine man actually gave medicine that works and heals you, or a herbalist healer gave you mixtures that actually cured you of some ailment.

Now we have 'medication' instead of 'medicine', we have 'drugs' instead of 'herbs', and we have 'treatment' (especially of SYMPTOMS) instead of 'cure' or 'healing'.

Let's not CURE or HEAL the CORE REASON why you are ill, because we don't think holistically anymore, let's just treat the SYMPTOMS forever.

No wonder there's no cure for AIDS or cancer - that would be BAD for business. Now, excuse me while I'll try to find some disease I can market this synthetic pill for..

edit on 24-9-2021 by Shoujikina because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 24 2021 @ 06:53 PM
link   
a reply to: rickymouse

Yes , the MICE Kept Dying , but they Still Kept On ...............Hmm........

join