It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Smart gun from Kalashnikov

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 24 2021 @ 02:04 AM
link   
As reported on the official website of the online store of the Kalashnikov concern, sales of the newest MP-155 Ultima smart rifle begin.
A source

For the first time this weapon was demonstrated at the Army-2020 forum - then the presentation caused a real sensation at the exhibition.

The shotgun is equipped with digital electronics. In particular, a high-resolution video camera is installed, there is a digital screen, a collimator sight, as well as a built-in PC. All collected data can be displayed on the screens of smartphones or computers anywhere in the world. The weight of the gun is 4.2 kg, and the length is 810/1020 mm. The magazine holds seven rounds (+1)

The development was nicknamed "a weapon for hipsters", its task is to attract an audience that was "born" with gadgets and cannot imagine themselves without them. “Classic hunting is becoming more rare today, even outlandish. Therefore, I want to involve hipsters, generation Z, "said Dmitry Tarasov, head of Kalashnikov Group, in an interview with RBC.
A source

The smart gun can already be pre-ordered at a price of 130,000 rubles (about $ 2,000). Due to the modular design, the weapon can be modified to suit the needs of the user.

posted on Aug, 24 2021 @ 02:10 AM
link   
I have used quite a bit of weapons like this and one thing always sucks about them, and that is fogging in the morning and in inclement weather.

If you can't do it with out all the doo dads you probably shouldn't be using on of these.

Other wise looks pretty cool, I would have to handle one myself though to give better commentary. Anyone out there want to gift Your Badger Friend Brotherman I would be happy to take it for a spin and let ya all know what I think.

By the way its always a pain in the ass to translate sites like that on my mobile you should give a heads up next time its all in Cyrillic
edit on 24-8-2021 by Brotherman because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 24 2021 @ 03:10 AM
link   
a reply to: RussianTroll

Well, that's a nice fancy pants gun.

Best,
Boomer

P.S. More importantly, why do you need all that on a shotgun? On I rifle I can see it helping. But on a point n' shoot?
edit on 24-8-2021 by billxam because: added more pithy thoughts

posted on Aug, 24 2021 @ 03:11 AM
link   
Nah, I will stick with my KSG with iron, laser, red dot and flashlight sights. It also costs less and holds a lot more.

Not enough? They have a longer one.

You want the self adjusting video sighting system that links to your phone or internet, you can get that on eBay. It fits anything that can take scope rings. And it also does night vision.
edit on 8 24 2021 by beyondknowledge because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 24 2021 @ 03:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: beyondknowledge
Nah, I will stick with my KSG with iron, laser, red dot and flashlight sights. It also costs less and holds a lot more.

Not enough? They have a longer one.

You want the self adjusting video sighting system that links to your phone or internet, you can get that on eBay. It fits anything that can take scope rings.

Kel tec eww dirty nasty. Looking at them things is like looking at some dumb ass kid eating his boogers in a shopping cart touching everything while listening to bull * on my head phones talking about why I need to wear a mask in public.

posted on Aug, 24 2021 @ 03:23 AM
link   
a reply to: Brotherman

You have a problem with made in USA and lifetime warranty? Some of the first production version of the KSG had problems but they worked them out. Both individually and in the later production models.

It looks scary. It can put a slug on a foot square target at 100 yards. What more do you want.

I saw that kid in Walmart during the first mask scare. He was sucking on the shopping cart handle of his mothers cart.

posted on Aug, 24 2021 @ 03:40 AM
link   
a reply to: beyondknowledge

I've never met a kel tec that could hold up to anything I own, I actually had their ".223 bush rifle" that thing would never ever cycle correctly and almost always jam no matter how clean or well lubed it was. Hell my crappy bushmaster to prove a point I fired off 500 rounds consecutive with zero jams and no warping. I would not depend on a kel tec I have also fired their 9mm versions and their crazy looking .45 acp version and didn't like them against other things out there.

I do like their ideas but their machine quality sucks really bad compared to things I already own. Perhaps you should make a thread and pull your bad boy apart down to its guts and I will do the same with similar weapons and we can compare what wears and why. I am capable of putting my equipment on a pharo or a cmm measuring device after abusing the hell out of it just to see what happens to what and where.

Alot of my hardware I generally do myself and my favorite proponents are from a company called Guiselle linkie shooty shoot As a matter of fact I just finished a build on a lower with their trigger assembly and BCG on the upper for a .300 black out and that was set up using a Vltor stock BCM Gunfighter grip and some other neat little things like a radiant ambiextrios charge handle a sure fire lots of stuff and quite a bit of tweaking for the best combo of springs on the buffer. The heavy buffer spring on the mil spec vlotr set up wasn't good enough to my liking for the .300 black out set up so Im still looking around on that.

posted on Aug, 24 2021 @ 05:35 AM
link   

Does it compensate for wind too or does it just measure distance, compare with flight profile of the used ammunition and release the pin when everything is aligned like it was calculated?

I can't see how this thing can compensate for different wind conditions down range, or wind at all for that matter.

posted on Aug, 24 2021 @ 05:37 AM
link   

Wow. The Man from Baku [?] is back. You haven't posted in a long time.

Cheers

posted on Aug, 24 2021 @ 06:17 AM
link   
a reply to: ThatDamnDuckAgain

The one I looked into which is just the scope part that is auto self adjusting, compares the sight picture when fired to the resulting impact. It then gives you the option to adjust the sight point. The one I read about had several memories for different loads and weather conditions. This was all linkable to a smart phone or other internet device and you could aim by looking at the phone for bench tests and shooting from behind cover. It also had built in ir laser range finder and night vision. This one is probably similar.

posted on Aug, 24 2021 @ 09:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: beyondknowledge
a reply to: Brotherman

You have a problem with made in USA and lifetime warranty? Some of the first production version of the KSG had problems but they worked them out. Both individually and in the later production models.

It looks scary. It can put a slug on a foot square target at 100 yards. What more do you want.

I saw that kid in Walmart during the first mask scare. He was sucking on the shopping cart handle of his mothers cart.

A friend of mine had a Keltec 9mm carbine. His house burned down around it. He threw a new stock on it, cleaned and lubed it. It still shot just fine.

top topics

join