It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Prison bribing inmates with Ramen noodles to get jabbed

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 23 2021 @ 08:46 PM
link   
Aaaand this is why I don't take any of these bribes seriously, let alone the excuses for them. Ladies and gents, if you thought the donuts and pot giveaways were a laughingstock, wait til you see the top-notch offerings of one Washington state prison.

Article title slightly altered for space, here ya go, read & WTF away!

Washington State Jail Offering Ramen Noodle Incentive for Inmates Who Get COVID Vaccine

The Benton County Corrections Department began offering packets of the wavy instant noodles to inmates who got their first shot on August 1 as part of a program called "Soup for Shots." So far, the program has seen success, with around 900 packets being doled out to 90 inmates, out of the prison's 360 overall, Scott Souza, chief of corrections for the department, said.

Ramen noodles were chosen as the incentive because they were among the institution's most popular commissary items. Posters placed around the prison—located in Kennewick, Washington—make the pitch to inmates.

"To encourage and support COVID vaccination efforts, the Benton County Department of Corrections will be providing each inmate that starts their vaccination series with 10 FREE RAMEN NOODLE SOUPS!!!" the posters gleefully promise.

www.msn.com...

I know it's prison and ramen's popular in them for a reason, but this is pretty unethical & contradictory from a health perspective just like all the other junk food bribes before this one. All the ingredients and lack of nutrition in ramen noodles aside, bribing people with food has to be about the lowest of the low moves one can make. Even to prisoners.

And it absolutely tells me, they don't give a flying CRAP about your vaccinated health if this junk food bribery is hailed as a good idea. Ramen is NOT HEALTHY, and I say this as someone who loves the hell out of the stuff now & then. If someone comes at me telling me, "Hey, 10 Ramen packs for the shot!" I'm going to tell them to shove every one of them up the hind end. Bribe me with an unhealthy thing, while trying to tell me the thing you're bribing me to do is for my health, is not how you convince me of that. Dumb asses.

posted on Aug, 23 2021 @ 08:51 PM
link   
As if we needed more proof of how sketchy this whole thing is!
Here, have a carrot on a stick!
Chase it!
Chase it or else!

posted on Aug, 23 2021 @ 09:00 PM
link   
If Ramen is all that is needed to persuade a vaccine hesitant person to get the vaccine I'm going to guess that their objection to the vaccine wasn't all that strong to begin with.

What I don't understand is why they needed to make up posters for the event for a population of 360 people who live in 48-70 square foot cells.

posted on Aug, 23 2021 @ 09:08 PM
link   
PRISONERS must be bribed.

Military Heroes are told they must get injected.

Teachers are told they must get injected.

Government employees are told they must get injected.

PRISONERS must be bribed?

posted on Aug, 23 2021 @ 09:11 PM
link   
A package of Ramen noodles goes on sale for three for a buck around here quite often. Cheapest bribe I ever heard of. Even the good Asian ones go on sale at the coop for a buck pretty often, all natural with mostly organic ingredients.

If one prisoner dies from the vaccine, the prison system will get lots of savings. Also, there will be less trouble for a few days because those people will be having minor side effects from the vaccine.

posted on Aug, 23 2021 @ 09:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: rickymouse
A package of Ramen noodles goes on sale for three for a buck around here quite often. Cheapest bribe I ever heard of. Even the good Asian ones go on sale at the coop for a buck pretty often, all natural with mostly organic ingredients.

If one prisoner dies from the vaccine, the prison system will get lots of savings. Also, there will be less trouble for a few days because those people will be having minor side effects from the vaccine.

Only 3 for a dollar?

posted on Aug, 23 2021 @ 09:16 PM
link   
I work in a Penitentiary, they are trying to get housing units to compete for a 80% vaccination rate. The reward is a late night sport/popcorn party. wtf.....

posted on Aug, 23 2021 @ 09:18 PM
link   
Well if the jab does not kill them the Ramen noodles will with the sodium in them, hart attacks to all, well it will be "covid" related.

link   

originally posted by: Tempter

Only 3 for a dollar?

a few years back they were ten for a buck....somehow inflation really hit ramen noodles hard

link   

originally posted by: Tempter

Only 3 for a dollar?

I think they're around $2.25 or $2.50 for a 12 pack at Aldi -- I haven't bought any for us in months, not sure if the price is the same anymore. So we'll assume it's $2.50 for a dozen. That's 20 cents each, or 5 for a buck.

Basically, a prisoner is only worth $2. And I thought the free donut at Krispy Kreme was el cheapo pandering.
edit on 8/23/2021 by Nyiah because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 23 2021 @ 09:20 PM
link   
what a measly bribe. a pardon would doubtless get 100% take-up.

posted on Aug, 23 2021 @ 09:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: RoScoLaz5

I'm actually surprised they didn't go with "Good Behavior" early release bribes.

posted on Aug, 23 2021 @ 09:23 PM
link   
Becomes hardcore criminal.

Goes to prison.

Gets bribed with ramen noodles.

Who said crime doesn't pay?!? Dang, even in comedy Hollywood doesn't quite go that retard way. And I mean for both parties involved.

posted on Aug, 23 2021 @ 09:31 PM
link   
a reply to: coamanach

ha ha it really is farcical. thanks for the chuckle

posted on Aug, 23 2021 @ 09:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: Nyiah

originally posted by: RoScoLaz5

I'm actually surprised they didn't go with "Good Behavior" early release bribes.

Didn't they just release thousands of prisoners in the west coast to avoid them getting the ronies?
Right before the huge uptick in murders over there?
Never saw that coming...

posted on Aug, 23 2021 @ 10:15 PM
link   
a reply to: Nyiah

It is disgusting. As is judges giving the choice of being locked up or getting the injection of poison.
If this is not a sign to proCVvax idiots of evil holding too much power and this not being about health, Im not sure what else could be more obvious.

posted on Aug, 23 2021 @ 11:51 PM
link   
Ever since the federal smokeing ban put into place under Clinton, Ramen noodles has been the inmates legal tender of choice.

posted on Aug, 24 2021 @ 04:45 AM
link   
a reply to: Nyiah
Your won't take 10 packets so what about 15 packets?
You won't get a better offer anywhere.
Here in the UK they cost about 30p a packet so that's a good 3 quid ,what an offer-a lifetime of health problems if you live that is.

edit on 24/8/2021 by glen200376 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join