It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Court Martialed?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 23 2021 @ 02:49 PM
link   
I've seen several folks here and elsewhere saying biden should be Court-Martialed for Dereliction of Duty (or worse) over the debacle going on in Afghanistan.

Yesterday, a British General said the same thing on the news. In fact, he even made the distinction that biden 'shouldn't be Impeached, he should be Court Martialed'.

Up to this point I've been saying Impeached, with the understanding that a civilian president cannot be Court Martialed. Somewhere today (I can't remember where I saw it) someone said that, although it is unprecedented, a president can indeed be Court Martialed by virtue of the fact that he is the Commander In Chief of the US Military, and he is found to have committed a military crime such as ordering the military to do something which results in the aiding and abetting and/or providing comfort to the enemy.

I'm not sure I believe that. I thought in order to be Court Martialed you had to have sworn to the military Oath and be enlisted in the military. And then a service member can only be Court Martialed after they have allegedly violated an article of the UCMJ. I have always understood that the only legal remedy against a sitting president is impeachment, conviction and removal from office. Following this he could be charged with civil crimes.

Any thoughts?

posted on Aug, 23 2021 @ 02:52 PM
link   
a reply to: Flyingclaydisk

A civilian can't be courts marshalled.

Even if they are the commander in chief of armed forces.

What a effing loop hole.

Impeach the pos.

posted on Aug, 23 2021 @ 02:53 PM
link   

He's technically a civilian.

An idiot, but still a civilian.

posted on Aug, 23 2021 @ 02:53 PM
link   

Who would do it?
There is radio silence from both sides of the aisle so Congress barely even exists anymore. Military Generals are knee deep in CRT training and wreaking our military. The SCOTUS is out to a long permanent lunch.
I think China is pretty much running our country now.

And yes, he is a civilian.
edit on 2021 by shaemac because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 23 2021 @ 02:54 PM
link   
Dont you have to be of sound mind to be court martialed? You guys do know he is mentally ill right?

posted on Aug, 23 2021 @ 02:57 PM
link   

All hell broke loose when Biden moved the exit date. I would like to know why the date was moved, and if the Pentagon advised it for logistical reasons, or if it was Biden just trying to make a grand gesture with Sept 11 the date, because of the 911 anniversary.

I would like to see a IG report, or some kind of neutral stuudy/report of what, exactly, went down and why, before I endorse impeachment or a court martial.

edit on 23-8-2021 by Sookiechacha because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 23 2021 @ 03:01 PM
link   
I dont know for sure.

But if a POTUS could be court martialed , you can bet your ass they would have tried it on Trump
edit on 23-8-2021 by sciencelol because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 23 2021 @ 03:09 PM
link   
a reply to: neo96

How about dishonorable discharge, loss of all pay, and confinement of five years at Leavenworth for desertion?

posted on Aug, 23 2021 @ 03:10 PM
link   
a reply to: Sookiechacha

So as to not interrupt their 20th Anniversary celebrations? That’s aid and comfort to the enemy.

posted on Aug, 23 2021 @ 03:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: sciencelol
I dont know for sure.

But if a POTUS could be court martialed , you can bet your ass they would have done it to Trump

On what charges? Hell, they couldn't even successfully impeach him.
edit on 2021 8 23 by incoserv because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 23 2021 @ 03:21 PM
link   
Gen Mark Milley needs to be and should be court martialed.

Biden, Blinken, and Austin need to be impeached and then removed.

posted on Aug, 23 2021 @ 03:37 PM
link   
a reply to: incoserv

On whatever charges they make up lol

posted on Aug, 23 2021 @ 03:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: projectvxn
Gen Mark Milley needs to be and should be court martialed.

Biden, Blinken, and Austin need to be impeached and then removed.

Add to that list:

Court Martial - McConville and Berger,

Impeach - Wormuth, and possibly even Del Toro

There needs to be some SERIOUS consequences for this incomprehensible failure!

edit on 8/23/2021 by Flyingclaydisk because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 23 2021 @ 03:40 PM
link   
Can’t do that. You can probably court martial the totally incompetent generals who were promoted for political reasons though i’m pretty sure.

Pretty sure a random nobody off the street could organise a better withdrawal, primarily because they would go “well, better get the people without guns out before the people with them”. Something that apparently was well beyond the comprehension of the Generals.

posted on Aug, 23 2021 @ 03:44 PM
link   
a reply to: Sookiechacha

He moved it because he wasted his first 4 months in office that should have been focused on the logistics of extracting all citizens, equipment, personnel, and Afghan allies from the country. Amazingly, he added 3 months+ to the schedule and *still* somehow managed to avoid addressing any of the logistics.

If the buck stops with Biden, then he should be removed from office for being a total flopping failure of a leader. If he isn't responsible for this, then he should be removed for dereliction of office.

posted on Aug, 23 2021 @ 03:47 PM
link   

Biden will be 25th'd before anything else.

Then we'll just have to deal with Kermerler Herpes.

posted on Aug, 23 2021 @ 03:48 PM
link   
Listened nothing is happening unless the people on the streets rise up and a military coup occurs, and even then its a bad idea because you KNOW CCP will be making a move

All this talk of Biden going anywhere is nonsense because it looks like the big wigs both left and right private and government are in cahoots
edit on 23-8-2021 by TritonTaranis because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 23 2021 @ 03:53 PM
link   
a reply to: Ahabstar

If you really want to stick it to Biden.

Tell him no sniffing little girls for the rest of his miserable little life.

posted on Aug, 23 2021 @ 03:55 PM
link   
a reply to: TritonTaranis

I don't think toppling the US government is the answer, but now would be a really good time for "The People" to stand up and demonstrate just exactly how a Democratic Republic is really supposed to work!

This would likely restore some serious credibility around the World!

posted on Aug, 23 2021 @ 03:56 PM
link   
a reply to: neo96

A conviction on Treason charges would suffice for me.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join