It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Biden thinks he can extend timeline

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 23 2021 @ 07:22 AM
link   
www.foxnews.com...

Loser in chief Biden believes he can extend timeline beyond 31 August 2021 in evacuating personnel out of Afghanistan and the Taliban said no which is understandable.

Why?

An agreement was made on both sides.... out by 31 August and both sides agreed. Now loser Biden thinks he can just break the agreement without expecting backlash from the Taliban... what an a$$hole.

This agreement was NOT some last minute agreement. Trump set up this agreement before he left office. Biden has had eight months to slowly withdraw.

Looks like first week of September U.S. will again decide through force to do what they want.

This administration does not follow or enforce international agreements. This government can not be trusted.

It will be the fault of U.S. government when shooting starts.

posted on Aug, 23 2021 @ 07:37 AM
link   
a reply to: DeathSlayer

Imagine if you will, the September 11th 2021 date being the day we entered back into a war with Afghanistan Taliban due to not being able to extract our people. Now imagine the leadership that would be in charge of such a war.

my God that is a frightening scenario.

posted on Aug, 23 2021 @ 07:44 AM
link   
a reply to: network dude

Can you imagine the rules of engagement these asshats will come up with? It will be a sight to behold and not in a good way.

posted on Aug, 23 2021 @ 07:45 AM
link   
a reply to: network dude

Imagine if you will, the September 11th 2021 date being the day we entered back into a war with Afghanistan Taliban due to not being able to extract our people.

We can't even get snip domestically let alone a do over.

posted on Aug, 23 2021 @ 07:58 AM
link   

Yep. If we stay beyond 8/31 we are now there illegally and will be in another war.

posted on Aug, 23 2021 @ 08:35 AM
link   

the Taliban said no which is understandable.

Nothing the Taliban has ever done or said is "understandable" - just a.........the Taliban said no is sufficient.

posted on Aug, 23 2021 @ 09:16 AM
link   
A deal is a deal, correct?

Or did you not know this?

Do you think breaking a deal with anyone is ok? If so, this sounds like a character flaw to me.

Back when I grew up and character mattered a simple hand shake was sufficient.....

originally posted by: CthruU

Nothing the Taliban has ever done or said is "understandable" - just a.........the Taliban said no is sufficient.

posted on Aug, 23 2021 @ 09:30 AM
link   
Biden is under pressure to extend by other nations as the US control of the airport(and taliban control), is hampering other nations getting their people out.

From what I've heard the US forces have already been not so politely asked to get out of the way by UK special forces.

posted on Aug, 23 2021 @ 09:44 AM
link   
The new owners of Afghanistan tell President Biden there will be NO extension of the August 31st deadline.

Get Your People Out by 8/31 Joe: Source: twitter.com...

Idiot Biden will go hide again, hoping this all goes away.

posted on Aug, 23 2021 @ 09:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: DeathSlayer
A deal is a deal, correct?

Do you think breaking a deal with anyone is ok? If so, this sounds like a character flaw to me.

Back when I grew up and character mattered a simple hand shake was sufficient.....

originally posted by: CthruU

Ohh like the deal the Taliban made with US counter-terrorism to not interact with Al -Qaeda.......and reneged.

Taliban are the masters of breaking deals....or did you also not know this either?? But yes breaking deals are character flaws......aren't they?

If handshakes where sufficient then they'd be no need for contracts would there???

Careful- your seriously sounding like a Taliban sympathiser - - and that is a character flaw.

posted on Aug, 23 2021 @ 09:52 AM
link   
Expect a Red tide, followed by a swift impeachment in 2022. Harris will have a tight leash at that point, and will spend most of her time whining about how the legislative branch has her called to heel.

This isn't a good scenario,for those enjoying this musing. I recall a "time traveller" talkinga bout a military fascist government in the US during their time. Far fetched? So was Orwell.

posted on Aug, 23 2021 @ 09:56 AM
link   
a reply to: bigfatfurrytexan

Do you honestly believe that the democrats will give up their power?

I imagine the 2022 election will be epic in that the democrats will engineer another victory, by any means necessary.

posted on Aug, 23 2021 @ 10:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: network dude

Imagine if you will, the September 11th 2021 date being the day we entered back into a war with Afghanistan Taliban due to not being able to extract our people. Now imagine the leadership that would be in charge of such a war.

my God that is a frightening scenario.

If so, then Psaki can legit say we circled back on ourselves. Maybe a potential budding White House Wanda version of Baghdad Bob, though, I don't see her admitting to such a serious circle-back # up without a buttload of mitigating spin.

posted on Aug, 23 2021 @ 10:51 AM
link   
The question is, what exactly do the Taliban think they are going to do about it if we do extend the deadline?

With so many big groups of them they are easy targets.

posted on Aug, 23 2021 @ 10:59 AM
link   
a reply to: bigfatfurrytexan

I guess Titor was able to push the timeline a little huh?

posted on Aug, 23 2021 @ 11:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: Nexttimemaybe
The question is, what exactly do the Taliban think they are going to do about it if we do extend the deadline?

With so many big groups of them they are easy targets.

Do like Trump did to ISIS in Iraq...

Drone attack the leader into little pieces.

During the ceremony installing his replacement, Blow that replacement to bits before he can finish reciting the terrorist oath.

During the ceremony installing his replacement, Blow that replacement to bits before he can finish reciting the terrorist oath.

Continue until we run out of drone missiles, or the Taliban run out of replacement leaders... Whichever comes first.

edit on 8/23/2021 by carewemust because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 23 2021 @ 12:01 PM
link   

Loser in chief Biden believes he can extend timeline beyond 31 August 2021 in evacuating personnel out of Afghanistan and the Taliban said no which is understandable.

Why is it 'understandable'?

Many 'deals' are extended.
Its common business practice.
Its common in international politics and diplomacy.

Where is the problem?

An agreement was made on both sides.... out by 31 August and both sides agreed.

Wasn't 'the agreement' September 9th but Biden in his wisdom decided to unilaterally bring it forward - thus ensuring the resultant carnage that we are all witnessing?

Trump set up this agreement before he left office. Biden has had eight months to slowly withdraw.

Yes.
But its all gone tits up.
So is it ok to further compound the issue by not trying to extend the deadline so that more people can be evacuated?
Or do we just leave them to their fate and abandon them to The Taliban knowing full well that many will be tortured and killed?

This government can not be trusted.

No they can't.
Which government can?
Do you think The Taliban can be trusted?

It will be the fault of U.S. government when shooting starts

An incredibly simplistic viewpoint, the situation is far more complicated than that.

But that statement is just further evidence of your rabid anti-US leanings and your apparent glee and delight in the whole # show is so revealing of your own nature.
You seem to be revelling in other people's suffering.....

edit on 23/8/21 by Freeborn because: typo

posted on Aug, 23 2021 @ 12:18 PM
link   
This just in:

9/11 Declared a National US Holiday. Paid days off, and double pay for those who work. Hell yeah, I say! We should all be dancing in the streets like Israelis.

Freedom Fries coming back to your favorite fast food menus.

ETA: LPT: Ask for unsalted fries, so they have to make them fresh.
Then ask for salt packets, and extra ketchup.

edit on 8-23-2021 by WakeUpBeer because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 23 2021 @ 01:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: norhoc

Yep. If we stay beyond 8/31 we are now there illegally and will be in another war.

The war mongers say goodie goodie gumdrops 😃

posted on Aug, 23 2021 @ 01:37 PM
link   
The Taliban have already extended the Allied coalition withdrawal date to Aug. 31, after signing the botched (much too early) withdrawal deal with Trump. I'm speculating that the Taliban need to impress the world view of themselves...so maybe they're interested in spreading some positive vibes, by granting to extend the withdrawal date, by using reasonable standards of protocol.

Or it just might be possible that the Taliban are up to making a "deal deal" with the allied coalition forces.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join