It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Would this be considered Normal?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 3 2021 @ 09:00 PM
link   
I got just one question. Why aren't old planes and jets used for building demolition these days? They appear to do a great job of bringing high rise buildings strait down. Without all that months of planning and demolish preparations. Planes seem to work well even when they don't hit the building. The buildings just fall strait down. I guess even decommissioned jets would be a higher cost than months of planning and work to bring a building strait down. But they sure would be faster and more precise than some controlled demolish videos I have seen.

posted on Sep, 3 2021 @ 09:13 PM
link   
a reply to: Uknownparadox
To add to your question which has been a glaring question ever since 9/11: why isn't fire used to bring down steel-structured buildings if they can completely demolish a building, instead of the weeks or months of planning, or the time it takes to set explosive. Just light some fires on a few floors and eventually watch the building fall.

Because that has not, and cannot ever happen in a steel-structured high rise. Ever.

posted on Sep, 4 2021 @ 09:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: _BoneZ_
a reply to: Uknownparadox
To add to your question which has been a glaring question ever since 9/11: why isn't fire used to bring down steel-structured buildings if they can completely demolish a building, instead of the weeks or months of planning, or the time it takes to set explosive. Just light some fires on a few floors and eventually watch the building fall.

Because that has not, and cannot ever happen in a steel-structured high rise. Ever.

I guess you missed this post from another thread

originally posted by: neutronflux
Except the core of WTC 7 fell first. Then at least one exterior wall of 7 fell across the top of its own debris pile.

At at least part of the top fell outward.

Would you say this was “melted” steel.

I wouldn’t

But WTC 5 I think it is. Showed the steel frames of the WTC buildings were susceptible to deforming under load and hight temps.

And fire related failures.

posted on Sep, 5 2021 @ 01:15 PM
link   
a reply to: _BoneZ_

Typical "Truther" Illogic

The reason they dont smash planes into buildings to demolish them is
because

It is not a safe method

It is not a reliable means of taking down a building

In fact many times buildings can not be demolished by explosives because of insufficient clearance between other structure

They must be taken down using cranes , floor by floor

130 Liberty Street, , which was badly damaged by collapse of South Tower , had to be taken down by this method

To demolish a building requires weeks if not months of prep work

All the interior partitions are removed, along with plumbing and wiring

Certain columns are cut with torches to weaken the structural integrity then explosives are laid in a precise pattern

Building is wrapped in steel fencing to contain debris

Only then can the demolition proceed

edit on 5-9-2021 by firerescue because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join