It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Favorite Seafood Dish?

page: 8
<< 5  6  7   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 23 2021 @ 01:47 PM
link   
Just in case I wonder tomorrow, was I sodomized by Lucifer last night?

Nope, you just got ring-sting from that spicy sauce.

posted on Dec, 23 2021 @ 02:22 PM
link   
a reply to: halfoldman

Garlic-butter shrimp.

posted on Feb, 21 2022 @ 11:14 PM
link   
I live in Seattle where salmon is the king, but it's insanely expensive for the copper river, but still a fresh coho filet on applewood smoke with irish butter and a touch of fresh dill and lemon.

Ive fished and caught enough greenling and rock cod to count, but they are delicious just sauteed in white wine and butter served with rice or pasta. They are prefect for beer battered fish and chips

Went to the bahamas back when there were still conch, and loved making conch and beans and rice. But the tastiest fish I remember there was this kingfish we caught while sailing at full speed, we pan fried it quick in butter and vermouth and served it with a cheap lipton instant noodles in alfredo sauce. It was somehow amazing LOL

Best trout I've eaten was fresh caught dolly varden and some rainbows foil pouch steamed with a little dark dank imperial malty IPA, the lake was gorgeous too

Went to Hawaii once and had a Pupu platter in some random tacky tiki bar with great drink specials, mistook their fresh squid filet for fish since it was fork tender, in the NW our squid is rubbery. That blew my mind kinda. There's also this baby squid tentacle, scallop and green onion Korean pancake dish I had there that I still crave, the textures and flavors match and keep your mouth interested. Also like Ketsuko mentioned, sushi is phenomenal esp when the source is close, and in Hawaii I had easily the best sushi I ever ate, I can't remember half the names of the fish I ate there.

Best oysters I've had were on a sailing trip with cajun friend who turned these small oysters we found in a spring water fed waterfall cove into a crazy delicious spicy cajun fried oyster spaghetti. That same cajun friend brought 2x 5lb frozen packs of his family's LA farm raised shrimp, and made us Po' Boys and fried shrimp dishes that are now great memories that inspire what I cook today.

My go to seafood dish these days is usually just a cajun style seafood stew. I cook onion and sweet pepper in the fat from cookin a few pieces of bacon, then add garlic tomatoes and sauce, some white wine oregano cilantro cumin worchstershire salt pepper lemon juice then add leftover fish (salmon or cod or HALIBUT from bbq the night before) and some sweet corn on the short cob if its in season, then either peeled fresh shrimp or scallops at the last 5-8 mins and I serve it with corn bread and a bit of sour cream and extra cilantro. It also works well with a spicy variety sausage of choice added with the liquids, there's something I really enjoy about pork flavors mixing with seafoods in a spicy tomato sauce.

edit on 21-2-2022 by Aliquandro because: argentus post reminded me of halibut, the beefiest of fat cold water fish

posted on Feb, 28 2022 @ 11:34 PM
link   
Creamy Fish Fillet.

Thinking pescatarian high protein.

posted on Mar, 1 2022 @ 04:26 AM
link   
I enjoy a simple blackened red snapper with pineapple salsa on the side. Grilled over charcoal is my favorite, but you can pan fry it as well. I like it because I'm in a landlocked province but Costco carries good fresh snapper and it's way cheaper than salmon.

posted on Mar, 6 2022 @ 05:14 PM
link   
a reply to: Flyingclaydisk

I have always liked clams. Though I swear they are so hard to find good ones. Either too rubbery, too fishy. Where are those balanced clams with the succulent sweetness I used to have! Many years since I had any good clams.

posted on Apr, 16 2022 @ 09:29 PM
link   
Big seafood lover here. Living in Florida and have plenty to choose from too! One of my favourites is grilled whole Red Snapper. Just toss the whole fish on the grill. Slice 3 slits on each side and insert lemon wheels in the cuts. Add a dusting of Old Bay Seasoning and pair with a buttery Chardonnay, it's the best! Then... of course there's always big bacon wrapped Sea Scallops sautéd in white wine, garlic and topped with a home made Mango salsa... man don't get me started.

reply to: Flyingclaydisk

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7   >>

join