It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Favorite Seafood Dish?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 22 2021 @ 11:04 PM
link   
a reply to: Hypntick

MMMMMmmmmm...Sea Scallops, there's another one I forgot to mention!

That's some good eats right there!!

posted on Aug, 22 2021 @ 11:05 PM
link   
I forgot about those seafood boils. Love the cajun style ones with crawfish, shrimp, corn, and potatoes and a bit spicy. I also like the NE ones and the Pacific Northwest styles.

posted on Aug, 22 2021 @ 11:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: Flyingclaydisk
a reply to: Hypntick

MMMMMmmmmm...Sea Scallops, there's another one I forgot to mention!

That's some good eats right there!!

I sautéed some giant scallops yesterday for dinner.

posted on Aug, 22 2021 @ 11:07 PM
link   
a reply to: Edumakated

Yep, Stone Crab rocks!

You'll be a bloody mess after eating a plate of them, but boy are they GOOD!!!

Some places cut them now, but the kind we used to get were unbroken and you had to break them yourself with a little mallet like thing. By the end of the night your fingers were cut to ribbons.

posted on Aug, 22 2021 @ 11:11 PM
link   

Found some big ones at costco a while back. They were expensive, but I didn't care, wanted me some scallops!

Sautéed in some clarified butter. Oh MAN!!

There's another thing I could probably go all Honey Boo Boo on and never fill up.

edit on 8/22/2021 by Flyingclaydisk because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 22 2021 @ 11:13 PM
link   

You need to see a doctor. Something is wrong with your taste buds (joke). The first thing my wife and I do when we go to Martha's Vineyard is grab a lobster roll. We don't even unpack our bags. We literally go from airport to grab a lobster roll. They are so cheap too. Some of the churches have lobster roll sales adn they are like 10 bucks. Unbelievably good. Toasted bun and lobster with a little butter, mayo. Love Stone Crab Claws.

I have way above average sense of smell/taste, I think that might be it. I also do not like the bite lobster has, it grosses me out. I’ve tried some of the finest lobster too, plain in sushi, cooked tail, in a lobster roll. I just flat out don’t like it.

posted on Aug, 22 2021 @ 11:15 PM
link   
a reply to: JAGStorm

Like I said in the OP; no wrong answer here.

Not to worry, just send those 'lobstah's' to me, and I'll eat 'em all up for yah's.

ETA - Oh, something I think you'd really appreciate is Surstromming (sp?). That would get your super smeller and taster fired right up (like Lunar orbit style).

posted on Aug, 22 2021 @ 11:16 PM
link   
Pan seared scallops, a bit of butter.

Unagi (BBQ'd fresh water "eel").

Grilled Ahi.

Petrale sole en veloute aux champignon. It was my final for a university class in French cooking. Judged by the owner of a local white tablecloth restaurant to be worthy of his establishment. My instructor gave me an A for the course!
edit on 22-8-2021 by Mantiss2021 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 22 2021 @ 11:18 PM
link   

Like I said in the OP; no wrong answer here.

Not to worry, just send those 'lobstah's' to me, and I'll eat 'em all up for yah's.

Chilean Sea Bass, again just slight salt/pepper and butter!!!!!!
So subtle, so rich, just perfect!
Costco has some of the best Sea Bass.

posted on Aug, 22 2021 @ 11:21 PM
link   
Surstomming, anyone?

It's just a delightful cornucopia of culinary insanity.

Surstromming recipe:

- 1 dead carp, preferably from the side of the road
- 7 full garbage sacks from Long John Silvers
- 1 dead cat

Mix all the ingredients together in the dumpster behind 7-11 in July. Stir well. Close the lid and let it ferment in the sun until September. Remove and can.

Serve over crackers, and enjoy, erm, HURL!

posted on Aug, 22 2021 @ 11:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: Mantiss2021
Pan seared scallops, a bit of butter.

Unagi (BBQ'd fresh water "eel").

Grilled Ahi.

Petrale sole en veloute aux champignon. It was my final for a university class in French cooking. Judged by the owner of a local white tablecloth restaurant to be worthy of his establishment. My instructor gave me an A for the course!

I love scallops, the best I’ve ever had were in Milwaukee. Bartolotta on the lake.
Here’s the weird part, they season them with curry and fry them. I really do not like curry flavor. I’m so glad I gave it a try. They were absolutely outstanding. Melt in your mouth, and the curry was subtle, but went so well! It was a unique combination

(Not a curry sauce, just the spice)

posted on Aug, 22 2021 @ 11:29 PM
link   

a reply to: rickymouse

Biggest problem with Pike is those dang "Y" bones. Great eating, if you can deal with the bones. And, filleting them out is next to impossible (at least for me).

The fish comes right off the pike y bones the way I mentioned to make it, the fish is cooked but the bones stay attached pretty much. There may be some cut bones near where you cut off the head if you do, or if you gut it into steaks. I will do a lake trout with the head still on because those little cheek patties are pretty tasty...but sometimes are hard to get off in some fish. Walleye is real good that way too, and it comes out rubbery sometimes like lobster is too even though it is not a bottom feeder.

posted on Aug, 22 2021 @ 11:31 PM
link   

Interesting! I might have to try that.

Love me some curry.

posted on Aug, 22 2021 @ 11:34 PM
link   
a reply to: Flyingclaydisk

Yes sea scallops and fried clams too!

posted on Aug, 22 2021 @ 11:34 PM
link   

Lobster paella, believe it or not.

posted on Aug, 22 2021 @ 11:39 PM
link   
Pretty much anything al mojo de ajo.

posted on Aug, 22 2021 @ 11:42 PM
link   
a reply to: rickymouse

Interesting what you said about old cooking methods.
I read an old old cookbook, like 18something. It talked about scrambled eggs.
They had to be whipped with a silver fork, in a silver dish. I think that helped get rid of
Bacteria or something, and possibly a chemical reaction between the eggs and the silver
I think we have lost a lot over time in regards to cooking methodology.

edit on 23-8-2021 by JAGStorm because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 22 2021 @ 11:44 PM
link   

Alaskan King crab legs with drawn butter and Meyer lemon wedges

I keep a some of everything on hand though. Freezer is well stocked

Lobster, Halibut, Steelhead, King Salmon ( farmed, from a trusted friend), Mahi Mahi, Sockeye salmon, Cod for fish and chips, Swordfish Ahi tuna, bunch of Abalone, scallops, Calamari. Im sure Ive left some things out. I used to love shrimp, and made scampi since the 70s, but most of the shrimp these days is inferior farm raised, even when they say otherwise. I have a special vacuum tube clam digger tool for digging long neck clams, and have a great place to dig as many and I want , over above Santa Cruz. I enjoy making Clam chowder

posted on Aug, 22 2021 @ 11:51 PM
link   

Has anyone seen the prices of King Crab at Costco lately?
We get the big ol’ freezer box. During Covid it was 260 a box.
It is now 340 a box! It still beats any seafood restaurant in quantity and quality.

If you love King Crab but hate peeling it, here is a great trick.
Get a Chinese cleaver. One whack on the cutting board, and the crab is split in two.
I whack all the legs for my family and they just go nuts over it. Old people love crab but it gets difficult for them
To open it.

There is also another crab trick. You cut off both ends of the legs and blow, all the meat will come pouring out. Of course this is not a polite way to eat it, but if you don’t have a cleaver handy!

Also, did you know King Crab is fully cooked if it is Red, so don’t go overcooking it, it just needs to be warmed up.
Also, some places that sell crab will steam it for you right in the grocery store. Many people do not know this!

Love crab and butter but want a little spice? Mix Gochujang with butter, goes incredibly well with crab! YUM!

Yes, I like king crab!

edit on 22-8-2021 by JAGStorm because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 22 2021 @ 11:57 PM
link   

Fresh red spring salmon with Argentinian prawns (bbq'd) and a chilled reisling

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join