It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

We ALL knew this day was coming

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 23 2021 @ 07:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: Stormdancer777
You know none of us know what the truth is, Just what we want the truth to be,World leaders full of sneaky alternative motives, Authors of confusion.

We are the confused , They have done a fine job.

What is the point of taking sides?

You chose one evil over another? You know they are wicked.

We may not always know who is right or wrong.

Then someone forgets to evacuate 86,000.

And makes it crystal clear for everyone.

posted on Aug, 23 2021 @ 07:13 PM
link   
From what I'm reading it was politics between the US and Afghanistan government. Apparently an early mass exodus would have exposed weakness in the Afghanistan government and might have triggered something way worse.

Also seems to be a variety of numbers being thrown out there as to who is there still to be evacuated, Americans, Afghan-Americans, and US military. What's the real number of people left behind?

On IG I'm seeing more on Taliban harassing/attacking the local Afghanistan people who just haven't fled the country yet. Not so much on US evacuees.... details would be great, not much to do with emotional outrage.

posted on Aug, 23 2021 @ 08:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: SLAYER69
NO BS

I hate to say it, President Biden is right.

There is no "Right" time to pull out. We gave Afghanistan access to the Wests most prized treasure, [Young American/Western minds]

China/Afgan.... Enjoy the Stench

There is no right time, BUT there is a RIGHT way and Biden failed BIG time on that one. They say there are nine ways to skin a cat and Biden picked the worst possible. He couldn't F up worst even if he tried...

posted on Aug, 25 2021 @ 11:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: Nunyabizisit
a reply to: SLAYER69

If 'we all knew what was coming', why the F did joe abandon 86,000 Americans & allies there?

posted on Aug, 26 2021 @ 04:49 PM
link   

yEAH OK....

posted on Aug, 26 2021 @ 05:37 PM
link   
a reply to: starviego

No one should be surprised. They've done it several times through out their history.

The Mongols. The British. The Soviets. Now the US/NATO.

Blood. Treasure. All wasted.

Nation building does not work in a country that is ruled by various tribes who mostly don't like each other--but like outsiders even less.

Should have been in and out.

posted on Aug, 26 2021 @ 05:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: Phage
a reply to: MonsterGirl

The Soviets didn't 'lose".

Did I say they did?

Or maybe it's a language thing. "Bailed", means they left. Departed. Were no longer present.

Difference being the Soviets left their decade supported government in power......... No criticism as I love the USA but a little different this time

posted on Aug, 26 2021 @ 07:42 PM
link   

posted on Aug, 26 2021 @ 11:03 PM
link   
a reply to: ufoorbhunter

...and how did that end, again??

posted on Aug, 27 2021 @ 08:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: seagull
a reply to: ufoorbhunter

...and how did that end, again??

With their chosen government still in power and battling to keep the country, not legging it at the first opportunity abroad to the UAE etc

posted on Aug, 27 2021 @ 08:52 AM
link   
The notion that Afghanistan is where empires go to die conveniently ignores that fact that the Ummah tried and succeeded. The muslims won the region because they are not afraid to use unrelenting violence to achieve their goal of Islamic supremacism. Prior to the muslim conquest, the entire region was filled with Christians, Jews, Buddhists, Zoroastrians, and others.

The region can be won...but only by a people willing to do what it takes to win. It's not a place where empires go to die, it's a place where confused empires go to squander the blood of their citizens.

Sadly, now that the entire region is awash in Islamic ignorance, the region is not much of a prize.
edit on 27-8-2021 by BlackKat because: Fixed spelling errors.

posted on Aug, 27 2021 @ 09:30 AM
link   

edit on 27-8-2021 by SLAYER69 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 27 2021 @ 09:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: Phage
a reply to: MonsterGirl

Maybe it's a language thing. "Bailed", means they left. Departed. Were no longer present.

I don't know what the Russian equivalent would be.

GTFski

posted on Aug, 27 2021 @ 09:41 AM
link   
Perfect i've been seeing this coming since the recent election.
America will cease to exist as we knew.
Totally inept stupid leaders in control.
May as well kiss our collective a$$es Goodbye.

originally posted by: visitedbythem

posted on Aug, 27 2021 @ 11:36 AM
link   

Of course it was known to be coming, I would say as far back as Karzai, if not him at the very least right after Trump signed the peace deal. There have been reports of it for at least 10 months.
Here are some of links, I think I figured out the quote and link functions let me try here.
Some Links are CNN, NPR, Washington Post and BBC. I realize from lurking that many people frown on these, the fact is there are tell tell signs that it has been coming. If you go by dates, and think about how long it can take to research, write and publish a article you to see events unfolding.
Had to cut some of the quotes, it tells me I'm using to many characters.
They are in no particular order, just as i found them when doing a search.

Updated June 24, 2021

One by one, the Taliban has been taking over areas in a number of provinces in northern Afghanistan in recent weeks, local officials told CNN. The Taliban says it has taken control of 90 districts across the country since the middle of May. Some were seized without a single shot fired.

Afghanistan is disintegrating fast as Biden's troop withdrawal continues

Updated June 30, 2021

As the Taliban take control of districts across the country, US intelligence assessments have suggested the country's civilian government could fall to the militant group within months of US forces withdrawing. The top US general there, Austin Scott Miller, warned Tuesday that the worsening violence could lead to civil war, according to news reports.

Updated 11:16 AM ET, Wed June 30, 2021 Five presidents, five strategies: The US' wars in Afghanistan

Updated August 24, 2021

In 2017, the Taliban issued an open letter to the newly elected US President Donald Trump, calling on him to withdraw US forces from Afghanistan.
After years of negotiations, the Taliban and the Trump administration finally signed a peace deal in 2020. The US agreed to withdraw troops and release some 5,000 Taliban prisoners, while the Taliban agreed to take steps to prevent any group or individual, including al Qaeda, from using Afghanistan to threaten the security of the US or its allies.
But that didn't bring about peace.
Violence in Afghanistan grew to its highest levels in two decades. The Taliban increased their control of wider swaths of the country -- and by June of this year, contested or controlled an estimated 50% to 70% of Afghan territory outside of urban centers, according to a United Nations Security Council report.

Who are the Taliban and how did they take control of Afghanistan so swiftly?

July 22, 2021
In a city besieged by the Taliban, Afghan military advances disappear with forces stretched thin
April 30, 2021

KABUL — Taliban checkpoints have proliferated across key parts of Afghanistan as U.S. forces have withdrawn over the past year, leaving Afghan towns and cities increasingly isolated and impeding the Afghan government’s ability to function. Dozens of temporary Taliban checkpoints now dot the main highways leading into and out of the Afghan capital, according to eight local officials, and more than 10 permanent outposts have been established by the militants along the country’s main north-south highway. Many of the new permanent outposts are checkpoints abandoned by government forces stretched thin by the U.S. drawdown, pushed out by expanding Taliban influence, or both.

This next one is about the Taliban funding, I think it speaks volumes. I wonder whether it's all terror tactics or actually donations given freely that is a real question.
Updated June 19, , I know, it's Voice of America (VOA), and could and maybe should be viewed as propaganda, but seeing how all the others I'm posting are related to my point, i think this maybe a true piece.

Multiple videos have recently surfaced on social media platforms, showing people allegedly collecting donations for the Taliban. VOA could not independently verify the authenticity of these videos. The increased fundraising comes as the Taliban have captured more than a dozen districts across Afghanistan. Some Afghan officials say the militants have become emboldened since the United States and its NATO allies began withdrawing remaining forces on May 1.

Taliban Donations Soar in Pakistan Ahead of US Pullout From Afghanistan

Another VOA article updated June 04, 2021 it mentions a roadside bombing that killed a Afghan reporter in Kabul.
Taliban Capture 7th Afghan District as Foreign Forces Pull Out

The oldest, from Oct 2020,

The Taliban, now at their greatest strength since 2001, are advancing and attacking in districts across Afghanistan - despite a deal signed with the US in February which seemed to promise a respite to a nation exhausted by war and increasingly worried it will only get worse.

Taliban conflict: Afghan fears rise as US ends its longest war
This one shows a map dated from July 9th to August 16 and shows all the areas controlled by the Taliban and the Afghan government, or contested ones. Out of the 391 districts the Taliban had control of 90 and were advancing in the taking of all the others. So in order to take control and actively fighting in all the others had to be going for a long time not just in a couple of weeks.
Aug 16

The Taliban took some areas from government by force. In other areas, the Afghan National Army withdrew without a shot being fired. Although renewed clashes had been going on for several weeks,
Mapping the advance of the Taliban in Afghanistan

Then there is this from the State Department via the U.S. Embassy in Afghanistan, the one that really says the most.
July 27 2021

On April 27, 2021, the Department ordered the departure from U.S. Embassy Kabul of U.S. government employees whose functions can be performed elsewhere.

The U.S. Embassy’s ability to provide routine and emergency services to U.S. citizens in Afghanistan is severely limited, particularly outside of Kabul. Evacuation options from Afghanistan are extremely limited due to the lack of infrastructure, geographic constraints, and the volatile security situation.

Afghanistan Travel Advisory – Level 4: Do Not Travel

With all the reports and activity going on, there's no way Government officials or anybody there or else where for that matter couldn't have known it was happening fast.

Only had to fix one link, not bad i guess.

edit on 27-8-2021 by TomCollin because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 27 2021 @ 12:02 PM
link   
a reply to: TomCollin

Tried to fix it, didn't work for me. Maybe I can figure it out soon. Here is the State Department / U.S.Embassy Alert.

On April 27, 2021, the Department ordered the departure from U.S. Embassy Kabul of U.S. government employees whose functions can be performed elsewhere.

The U.S. Embassy’s ability to provide routine and emergency services to U.S. citizens in Afghanistan is severely limited, particularly outside of Kabul. Evacuation options from Afghanistan are extremely limited due to the lack of infrastructure, geographic constraints, and the volatile security situation.

Afghanistan Travel Advisory – Level 4: Do Not Travel
fast.

Sorry for the mess.

posted on Aug, 27 2021 @ 01:56 PM
link   
BS We gave all.....

posted on Aug, 27 2021 @ 02:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: BlackKat
The notion that Afghanistan is where empires go to die conveniently ignores that fact that the Ummah tried and succeeded. The muslims won the region because they are not afraid to use unrelenting violence to achieve their goal of Islamic supremacism. Prior to the muslim conquest, the entire region was filled with Christians, Jews, Buddhists, Zoroastrians, and others.

The region can be won...but only by a people willing to do what it takes to win. It's not a place where empires go to die, it's a place where confused empires go to squander the blood of their citizens.

Sadly, now that the entire region is awash in Islamic ignorance, the region is not much of a prize.

Wow!

Great 1st post!

Welcome to ATS!

posted on Aug, 29 2021 @ 09:53 AM
link   
a reply to: Flyingclaydisk

Thank you!

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join