It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Rescue dogs shot dead by NSW council due to COVID-19 restrictions

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:
+16 more 
posted on Aug, 22 2021 @ 10:37 AM
link   
So it really seems like Australia has actually gone full retard with covid insanity.

A local council in New South Wales has decided it was too dangerous for volunteers to travel to pick up several dogs due to be rescued, so instead ordered the dogs be shot to death.

The reason....volunteers travelling to pick up the dogs would just be too dangerous because covid. Despite the fact there had been zero local cases in the area.

Sounds like this isn't the first time the local minister has been under fire as it were for shooting animals in council pounds.

www.smh.com.au...

Several impounded dogs due to be rescued by a shelter have instead been shot dead by a rural council in NSW under its interpretation of COVID-19 restrictions, alarming animal activists and prompting a government probe.

Bourke Shire Council, in the state’s north-west, killed the dogs to prevent volunteers at a Cobar-based animal shelter from travelling to pick up the animals last week, according to council’s watchdog, the Office of Local Government.

The Herald attempted to contact the council administration multiple times, but received no response, and a member of Rural Outback Respite/Rescue – the shelter that was supposed to receive the dogs – declined to comment.

A source who is familiar with the arrangement said the shelter volunteers are distressed and had COVID-safe measures in place to handle the dogs, one of which was a new mother.

According to NSW Health, there have been no recent locally acquired COVID-19 cases in Cobar, although fragments of the virus have been found in the area’s sewerage system.

The Office of Local Government Minister Shelley Hancock, who has previously faced questions in Parliament over the shooting of animals in council pounds, did not comment. However, animal liberation campaigner Lisa Ryan called for an urgent investigation.

+5 more 
posted on Aug, 22 2021 @ 10:51 AM
link   
a reply to: dug88
This 'council' needs to be put down, with extreme prejudice.

posted on Aug, 22 2021 @ 11:15 AM
link   
What? Didnt they have to send someone there to f###### shoot the dogs then transport their carcass somewhere?

How is that any different than just grabbing the live dogs?

posted on Aug, 22 2021 @ 11:18 AM
link   

Wow.

Nothing like using a sledgehammer on a thumbtack.

Not sure what's going on down under, but their government has jumped the shark.

edit on 8/22/2021 by MykeNukem because: sp. ocd

posted on Aug, 22 2021 @ 11:48 AM
link   

NOW they’ve gone done it!

Finally, be prepared for backlash.

I find that MANY people, care more for dogs than they do for their fellow man.

This might be the spark to light a fire under Aussie asses.

posted on Aug, 22 2021 @ 12:12 PM
link   
I'm sorry but I just wish a medieval punishment for this council.

posted on Aug, 22 2021 @ 12:35 PM
link   

They'll be 'putting down' the un-"vaccinated" next.

posted on Aug, 22 2021 @ 12:57 PM
link   
Despicable.

Cheers

posted on Aug, 22 2021 @ 12:59 PM
link   
Disgusting, and f;ing shame on anyone that thinks this is acceptable

posted on Aug, 22 2021 @ 01:05 PM
link   
Why didn't the people at the shelter just go get the dogs? Hope in a car and get them. Does Australia have road blocks in place?

posted on Aug, 22 2021 @ 01:10 PM
link   
Wow, that's some BS.

Something strange about Australia, as if it's being tested first before they move onto other 1st world economies...

posted on Aug, 22 2021 @ 01:29 PM
link   
So only the government has guns and use them responsible because they have big brains

posted on Aug, 22 2021 @ 02:05 PM
link   
I didn't peg Australia to become the next USSR but they're well on their way.

posted on Aug, 22 2021 @ 02:12 PM
link   
a reply to: Arnie123

I've thought this for a long time. With so many things from gun laws, ending smoking by pricing cigarettes to ridiculous levels, to this covid stuff, Australia is the number 1 place for NWO # starting.

I've found it goes, Australia, New Zealand the UK, some European countries, then Canada then finally America follows...for many major laws and things over the last couple decades that have drastically affected freedom.

At least in my observations.

posted on Aug, 22 2021 @ 03:53 PM
link   
This feels like the scene in Shooter or John Wick, where the main character doesn't get truly upset until they kill their dog, and then all bets are off.

In all seriousness though I really feel for my Aussie friends who didn't ask for any of this, my best wishes that you turn this around, since the future doesn't look good from this angle... looks like a high tech plantation coming your way (really everywhere)

posted on Aug, 22 2021 @ 04:16 PM
link   
fwiw

Straw back camel broke
word jumbles are fun
lucky I do not live in AU.

posted on Aug, 22 2021 @ 05:11 PM
link   

Australia as we know it in the West started as a penal colony, it's like a sad twist of irony that it ends like that too.

I think the indigenous people should be fine though because some of them still know how to live off the land and can pass that down.

What makes everything worse though is that China are looking increasingly dangerous too. I hope our Aussie cousins will be okay.

posted on Aug, 22 2021 @ 05:17 PM
link   

Quick breakdown by a native aussie and a member of Blaze Tv.

Its shockingly bad in my opinion... I would expect this from the taliban not Australia.
edit on 22-8-2021 by Irishhaf because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 22 2021 @ 05:19 PM
link   
that's awful and very sad.

posted on Aug, 22 2021 @ 05:35 PM
link   

I'm very concerned about the trajectory Australia is on.

Love the country, have many Aussie friends, but not sure how this type of abhorrent behavior can be tolerated.

Plus, the authoritarianism they've embarked on due to COVID makes the situation in the US look like a picnic. I thought we had it bad, but Australia's government is worse.

Everyone involved, from the people firing the guns to the top leaders in the district, should be purged.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join