It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Department of Defense Activates Civil Reserve Air Fleet to Assist With Afghanistan Efforts

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 22 2021 @ 10:09 AM
link   
Only a week or so late right? Who is running the show here, the 3 stooges? This is like the movie "Idiocrcy" with the addition of dementia.

Any bets on the performance results will be even lower than our lowest expectations?

I hear he will be on at 4 PM today again. I am sure he will fill everyone with confidence.

www.defense.gov/Newsroom/Releases/Release/Article/2741564/department-of-defense-activates-civil-reserve-air-fleet-to-assist-with-afghanis/

Secretary of Defense Lloyd J. Austin III has ordered the Commander of U.S. Transportation Command to activate Stage I of the Civil Reserve Air Fleet (CRAF). CRAF activation provides the Department of Defense access to commercial air mobility resources to augment our support to the Department of State in the evacuation of U.S. citizens and personnel, Special Immigrant Visa applicants, and other at-risk individuals from Afghanistan.

The current activation is for 18 aircraft: three each from American Airlines, Atlas Air, Delta Air Lines and Omni Air; two from Hawaiian Airlines; and four from United Airlines. The Department does not anticipate a major impact to commercial flights from this activation.

CRAF activated aircraft will not fly into Hamid Karzai International Airport in Kabul. They will be used for the onward movement of passengers from temporary safe havens and interim staging bases.

edit on 22-8-2021 by infolurker because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 22 2021 @ 10:14 AM
link   
a reply to: infolurker

The Biden White House didn't know this capability existed until the President of United Airlines called to let them know. This was about a week ago. I guess it took them time to find and interpret the actual rules.

posted on Aug, 22 2021 @ 10:15 AM
link   

This is getting more and more disgusting every day.

How exactly are we stretched so thin that we're calling an audible on getting a handful of people out of a country we've occurpied for 20 years?

This is what happens when you appoint diversity and cultural enrichment cheerleaders to a real job.

posted on Aug, 22 2021 @ 10:28 AM
link   

CRAF activated aircraft will not fly into Hamid Karzai International Airport in Kabul.They will be used for the onward movement of passengers from temporary safe havens and interim staging bases.

What's the effing point?

posted on Aug, 22 2021 @ 10:30 AM
link   
a reply to: neo96

The United States is doing a lot of "busy work" that looks/sounds impressive. But not performing the REAL work of rescuing American prisoners inside Afghanistan.

posted on Aug, 22 2021 @ 10:33 AM
link   
a reply to: Ksihkehe

when we used to deploy, we had to make our own plans. We packed up things we thought would be needed, picked the best people with the right skills, and went. And somehow, must have been dumb luck, we were able to pack our stuff, get our people organized, and leave with all our stuff, and make it home. I don't remember us ever loosing a person, or any essential equipment. And we were just Chair Force drunks.

It's a shame they didn't ask the 41st ALS or whatever the name has evolved to today, to help with the planning. This has to be the most embarrassing thing I can remember being associated with my country. This is the image the US projects to the world. We are so much better than this, but how can we convince anyone with this sh!t show going on daily.

posted on Aug, 22 2021 @ 10:36 AM
link   

Hey , at least we don't have Trump tweets..... Am I right Libs?
edit on 22-8-2021 by norhoc because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 22 2021 @ 10:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: network dude
a reply to: Ksihkehe
It's a shame they didn't ask

the banjo playing kid from Deliverance to handle the planning and execution of this whole thing?

I agree.

We can put Goofy as POTUS, banjo kid as Secretary of Defense, and maybe just fill the VP role with the cheapest blow-up doll we can find. Hell, if we're replacing people let's get Alfred E. Neuman as medical advisor to Goofy.

posted on Aug, 22 2021 @ 11:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: Ksihkehe

……..

How exactly are we stretched so thin that we're calling an audible on getting a handful of people out of a country we've occurpied for 20 years?

……

The Kabul airport is basically a war zone. That’s why they’re using C-17s to go in and out of there. C-17s are equipped with countermeasures and the pilots are trained for combat flying. C-17s are by far the most efficient way to get tens of thousands of people out of Kabul.

However, C-17s have only about 1/3 the unrefueled range of commercial transport like the B-777, for example. That’s why the C-17s have been used to get people from Kabul only to the nearest safe airports that can house tens of thousands of refugees. So far that has been Al Udeid Air Base in Qatar. It reached its capacity of 22,000 people on Friday. The next location they are going to use will be Ramstein Air Base in Germany. This isn’t a “handful” of people.

If they were to try to fly the refugees from either of those locations to the US using C-17s, there would be several aerial refueling hookups required for each C-17, each way. That would not only tie up C-17s, but also the aerial refueling tankers. That would result in fewer C-17 flights in and out of Kabul, in the near term.

Using civil transport aircraft to fly in and out of Ramstein and Al Udeid is much more efficient than using military aircraft for that mission. The civil aircraft will not be flown into Afghanistan. I’m not sure why you think this is an “audible”. This same strategy was used for the buildup in Iraq in 2003. It’s in the playbook. This isn’t their first rodeo.

posted on Aug, 22 2021 @ 11:18 AM
link   

They have left state of the art equipment complete with all it's secrets for the CHINESE to get there hands on at a time when China is a threat to world peace, Tank's with there classified armour, weapon's, missiles, helicopters the Chinese were previously only able to make substandard copies of but will now be able to get there hands on multiple samples of along with all there electronics.

In other words this was not so much a withdrawal as a wanton sabotage of NATO and the US defence capability's putting samples of US Technology, albeit not tomorrows technology but still CURRENT and for the foreseeable future technology in the hands of a terrorist group filled by murderers, rapists, child abusers and religious fanatics whom CHINA is cosying up to and probably helping.

edit on 22-8-2021 by LABTECH767 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 22 2021 @ 11:48 AM
link   
a reply to: 1947boomer

Do you know what an audible is? This is the exact same thing. It makes perfect sense to do this now, but it was done as an afterthought. They said just days ago that they had no plan.

All of this information you've listed was known LONG before the fall of Afghanistan. All I see are excuses. This whole thing was mismanaged since Biden took over, we learn more every day.

I wonder how many other things have been completely neglected by Biden and the people he's appointed. Things that the American people will only find out about when it becomes a disaster resulting in thousands of people dead.

posted on Aug, 22 2021 @ 11:52 AM
link   
a reply to: 1947boomer

No argument, but just one minor little (teeny-tiny) question:

How are these geniuses going to get people to the airport???

The only people at the airport now are Afghan nationals wanting to get the hell outta' there.

All the foreign nationals, like Americans and Brits, are hiding in fear for their lives as the Taliban go door to door slaughtering them.

So, they can send 1,000 C-17's to Bagram, but they're not going to be airlifting any Americans on them...or is that the plan???

edit on 8/22/2021 by Flyingclaydisk because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 22 2021 @ 04:14 PM
link   

I listen to him speak. Of course, he lied again. He said there is an Al-Qaeda K embedded with the Taliban, but the other day they weren't there. He is still sticking with the I needed to get us out of the war but doesn't realize most people wanted out just not this way. He was asked about how the American people have lost all confidence and feel he is unfit for the job according to a poll. The funny thing was the reporter floored him when he said it was a CBS poll so he couldn't use the Fox news as an excuse. Basically, a repeat of all the other so-called speeches he has given.

He had his list of who to call on again.

edit on 22-8-2021 by Tarzan the apeman. because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 22 2021 @ 04:41 PM
link   

Same guy that stood by saying be calm its all under control when he was centcom boss and ISIS was running unchecked.

dude brings new standards to F up to move up.
edit on 22-8-2021 by Irishhaf because: (no reason given)

top topics

join