It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Prisoner TV show

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 22 2021 @ 04:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: dug88
a reply to: LA1IMPALA

I love the Prisoner. It was such a trippy show. My dad's a big fan of both Danger Man and The Prisoner. He was always convinced the Prisoner was a sequel to Danger Man even though i guess officially it's not supposed to be the same character.

interestingly; there's an episode of Danger Man in which he's sent to retrieve a defecting doctor. As ordered, he assures the doctor (and his wife) that they will not be in any trouble if they return.
He (Drake) gets them to fly back to Heathrow...and upon arriving the doctor is immediately arrested. The wife is distraught; Drake is confused.
last scene of the episode he confronts his superior and is told--not sure of exact wording--that it had to be done, just follow orders, don't worry about it.
I can see where this incident could have helped push him over the edge to resignation.

I highly recommend Prisoner (original). unique and very well done.
edit on 01032020 by ElGoobero because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 22 2021 @ 04:34 PM
link   
The Avengers attracted my attention far more than The Prisoner for some reason.

Emma Peale in leather. Maybe that was it.

posted on Aug, 22 2021 @ 04:38 PM
link   
a reply to: Phage
Or Emma Peel in anything else, for that matter.

posted on Aug, 22 2021 @ 04:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: Phage

Pervert.

posted on Aug, 22 2021 @ 05:22 PM
link   
Yes! Yes. A fantastic show. They sure as frak don't make them as well as they used to.

posted on Aug, 22 2021 @ 06:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: LA1IMPALA
a reply to: Whodathunkdatcheese

i read where Patrick Mcgoohan said the village was a metaphore for socialsim.

Source?

posted on Aug, 23 2021 @ 11:10 AM
link   
I grew up in the 70's and 80's and that was at the time one of the only really interesting shows we sometimes got on our three TV channels until they started to give us some more, I remember the ball on the beach chasing people which for some reason always reminded me of chewing gum, a weird show even today but actually quite good.

originally posted by: IAMTAT

The show was way ahead of it's time.
"I am Not a "Vaccine" Passport...I'm a Free Man!"

I took a second to get that as I was speed reading and I chuckled out loud, nicely remembered and used.

If I remember it was in part due to the fact as a nation we all have numbers such as NHS number our National Insurance number etc that made people faced with the strange world of bureaucracy often say I am NOT A NUMBER I AM A HUMAN BEING often in mixture of anger and consternation down the telephone at some clerk or phone person somewhere especially when dealing with the government, most of that generation whom remembered when they were NOT A NUMBER are now sadly passed.

Sadly those numbers rule our lives today.

posted on Aug, 29 2021 @ 03:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: ElGoobero

originally posted by: dug88

I love the Prisoner. It was such a trippy show. My dad's a big fan of both Danger Man and The Prisoner. He was always convinced the Prisoner was a sequel to Danger Man even though i guess officially it's not supposed to be the same character.

interestingly; there's an episode of Danger Man in which he's sent to retrieve a defecting doctor. As ordered, he assures the doctor (and his wife) that they will not be in any trouble if they return.
He (Drake) gets them to fly back to Heathrow...and upon arriving the doctor is immediately arrested. The wife is distraught; Drake is confused.
last scene of the episode he confronts his superior and is told--not sure of exact wording--that it had to be done, just follow orders, don't worry about it.
I can see where this incident could have helped push him over the edge to resignation.

I highly recommend Prisoner (original). unique and very well done.

Good point also secret agent man/danger man was in black and white. In the Prisoner when they X out his picture in the beginning it's black and white , and the episodw where he runs for office it's the same Black and white picture, maybe that is a subtle clue

posted on Aug, 29 2021 @ 03:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: Phage

yes Emma Peale, i also like the later episodes with Robert Morely

posted on Aug, 29 2021 @ 04:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: 4003fireglo
Yes! Yes. A fantastic show. They sure as frak don't make them as well as they used to.

I liked when #2 came over to have breakfast with #6 and asked #6 to run for office. They talked awhile and then #2 asked #6
are you going to RUN #6 answered..LIKE BLAZES EVERY CHANCE I GET
edit on 29-8-2021 by LA1IMPALA because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join