It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Water restrictions in Orlando FL due to CoVid

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 21 2021 @ 05:42 PM
link   
The mayor of Orlando announced yesterday that due to CoVid there is an increase demand for water and liquid oxygen by hospitals, therefore people need to use less water.

However I would be willing to bet that the golf courses will all be allowed to continue to water on schedule.

www.wesh.com...#
edit on 21-8-2021 by Timucuan because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 21 2021 @ 05:45 PM
link   
WTF another mass hysteria reaction restriction !!!!😧

posted on Aug, 21 2021 @ 05:58 PM
link   
highly doubt Orlando, Florida is lacking any water... : O

posted on Aug, 21 2021 @ 06:03 PM
link   
a reply to: Timucuan

However I would be willing to bet that the golf courses will all be allowed to continue to water on schedule.

Do golf courses use water which is treated using liquid oxygen? Maybe they do.

The city is limiting watering at parks and ball fields.

Your headline seems inaccurate. I don't see any restrictions specified in the article you linked.

edit on 8/21/2021 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 21 2021 @ 06:25 PM
link   
I heard about this and was wondering why they use liquid oxvogen in water treatment. I have enough potassium permanganate to treat roughly 600,000 gallons of water, that is two pounds. It is an oxidizer like the oxyogen would be. It cost roughly $16 usd per pound. Why are they not using that. I am sure they could get it cheaper by the truck load.

I have a smaller container I bought years ago and am using it for cleaning and sanitizing at 32 times the ammount needed to sterilize water for drinking.

I think they need a new chemist.

Also, every hospital I know of has their own oxygen generator.
edit on 8 21 2021 by beyondknowledge because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 21 2021 @ 06:27 PM
link   
How can the peasants be filthy if they're allowed to have water?

posted on Aug, 21 2021 @ 06:38 PM
link   
I'll take "situations that are complete horse s***" for 1000, Alex.

posted on Aug, 21 2021 @ 06:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen
WTF another mass hysteria reaction restriction !!!!😧

They have to keep peddling the fear.

posted on Aug, 21 2021 @ 06:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: Phage

Do golf courses use water which is treated using liquid oxygen? Maybe they do.

The city is limiting watering at parks and ball fields.

Your headline seems inaccurate. I don't see any restrictions specified in the article you linked.

Did you actually watch the video or just skim thru the article? If you had watched the video it's right there in the first 15 seconds where the mayor asks "all citizens" to conserve water...

I'm really surprised at you Phage, I remember you from years ago when I was on here on my old account before I moved to AK. You used to deny ignorance.

posted on Aug, 21 2021 @ 07:00 PM
link   
a reply to: beyondknowledge
because liquid oxygen is being used by covid patients so much that they wont be able to supply enough to purify the water supply soon.

edit on 21-8-2021 by namehere because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 21 2021 @ 07:02 PM
link   

So a request becomes "restrictions." Got it.

I remember when talking about other members was considered poor form

posted on Aug, 21 2021 @ 07:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: Phage

So a request becomes "restrictions." Got it.

I remember when talking about other members was considered poor form

I would think that the last 18 months would have shown everyone what "requests" turn into. It's natural though, historically there have always been those whom were eventually led away by gradual requests that became encroachments.

posted on Aug, 21 2021 @ 07:08 PM
link   

I really doubt it has to do with covid but more about control.

posted on Aug, 21 2021 @ 07:09 PM
link   

So go ahead an water your lawn if you want. No worries.

edit on 8/21/2021 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 21 2021 @ 07:19 PM
link   
I almost moved to Orland recently with a possible job relocation. But after much research, learned its a leftist sh*thole. Literally, everything about Orlando is a sh*thole. It is dirty and run down. I am a member of a Orlando FB group that I joined to learn about the area....that is when I decided....hell no, I am not moving there, no matter how much they pay to move there.
The amount o
f people moving there because of the Disney magic is unfreakingbelievable. Low income leftist from all over the country....just to be close to Mickey Mouse and the princesses.

They are also building and building and building mass amounts of houses...it is unreal...building on swampland. Maybe they are running out resources...and that is the real reason. I am also a member of a nurse group, and based on posts I read by other nurses, I do not believe the numbers of covid patients are spiking. That is a bunch of BS to try and bring down DeSantis.

posted on Aug, 21 2021 @ 07:22 PM
link   

It may have to do with the shortage of water purification chemicals that not many are talking about.

www.epa.gov...

www.ar15.com...

Chemicals difficult to get: sodium hypochlorite, sodium bisulfite, and ferric chloride.

I order such things and have been talking with others in the industry. If it’s not trucking related (sodium bisulfite) it’s precursor agents used in production - hypochlorite and ferric.

First priority would obviously be drinking water plants. Second priority is wastewater (sewage) treatment plants.

Wastewater is more important than many realize as after it’s treated it’s discharged to rivers, lakes, streams, etc, diluted by the river, etc., and then eventually treated again downstream for potable water. Some plants provide reuse water which is used for things like power plant cooling. No cooling water means either drawing down drinking water wells or just shutting down.

biosolids (the solid matter and nutrients separated from wastewater) are used to fertilize farm fields. Most of which is growing food for cattle.

I expect to hear news of treatment plants not being able to properly treat their wastewater within the next few months. Drinking water treatment would be next. If you see that you will know # is about to hit the fan.

Something that can be overcome but is in my opinion an important sign of the times. Prepare accordingly in all ways, not just water treatment because if that goes there will be a panic.

edit on 21-8-2021 by infolurker because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 21 2021 @ 07:26 PM
link   
a reply to: namehere

As I stated, there are other methods of purifying the water and the hospitals make their own oxygen. What is the problem? Bad planning?

posted on Aug, 21 2021 @ 07:38 PM
link   

Pay people not to work and no one does. When no one works, things don't get made, don't get shipped, etc.

posted on Aug, 21 2021 @ 07:41 PM
link   

The hospitals don't make their own O2. They don't have the facilities for it. And yes, there are other methods of water purification, however if the system isn't set up for it, it could lead to damage.
edit on 8/21/2021 by cmdrkeenkid because: Fixing typo.

posted on Aug, 21 2021 @ 07:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: infolurker

It may have to do with the shortage of water purification chemicals that not many are talking about.

www.epa.gov...

www.ar15.com...

Chemicals difficult to get: sodium hypochlorite, sodium bisulfite, and ferric chloride.

I order such things and have been talking with others in the industry. If it’s not trucking related (sodium bisulfite) it’s precursor agents used in production - hypochlorite and ferric.

First priority would obviously be drinking water plants. Second priority is wastewater (sewage) treatment plants.

Wastewater is more important than many realize as after it’s treated it’s discharged to rivers, lakes, streams, etc, diluted by the river, etc., and then eventually treated again downstream for potable water. Some plants provide reuse water which is used for things like power plant cooling. No cooling water means either drawing down drinking water wells or just shutting down.

biosolids (the solid matter and nutrients separated from wastewater) are used to fertilize farm fields. Most of which is growing food for cattle.

I expect to hear news of treatment plants not being able to properly treat their wastewater within the next few months. Drinking water treatment would be next. If you see that you will know # is about to hit the fan.
I
Something that can be overcome but is in my opinion an important sign of the times. Prepare accordingly in all ways, not just water treatment because if that goes there will be a panic.

So it is not about the oxidizer but the flocculant. That seems more reasonable.

I have four pounds of ferric chloride which is a flocculant, it makes the solids fall out of the water so they can be settled or filtered. It takes a lot more of this than the potassium permanganate to get raw water drinkable. Many times as much. My four pounds is roughly enough for 100 gallons of muddy water. Less is needed the clearer it is.
edit on 8 21 2021 by beyondknowledge because: (no reason given)

<<   2 >>

join