It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Final Nail Nursing Home Staff Required to get Shots

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 21 2021 @ 01:37 PM
link   
a reply to: Flyingclaydisk

I just had a thought...and I'm liable to piss some people off, lmao

What do you see, when you look at a person who puts up with a dishonest significant other?

A weak-willed enabler is what I see.

They are no different here. They're co-dependent on the government so badly that they're trapped in a really #ty relationship everyone KNOWS is #, but they still insist is the best thing since Sliced Bread. We know better, though, it's pathetic. Giving up & settling, if I were to be generous.
edit on 8/21/2021 by Nyiah because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 21 2021 @ 01:48 PM
link   
a reply to: Flyingclaydisk

I'm not caught up in some conspiracy about how the NWO is out to kill me...

I never implied that you were. My point is that around 1/3 of vaccine hesitant are waiting for the FDA to fully approve the vaccine. And around 1/2 of the vaccine hesitant just don't think COVID is that big of a problem.

I would assume that that's a pretty good measure of the health care workers refusing the vax too. But one argument becomes moot as soon as the FDA approves the vax, which will be very soon. And the anti-vax argument that COVID isn't big of a deal is also moot in hospitals and nursing homes.

Think about it, you and everyone else has been lied to about this 'vaccine' from the very start. First it was supposed to prevent covid, then it was supposed to stop the spread of covid, then it was only to lessen the effects of covid.

The vaccines were always only supposed to do what vaccines do, to aid the body's immune system by giving a proverbial "heads up" to combat the virus. There has never been 100% efficacy with any vaccine, and as with all vaccines, there are some people who have adverse reactions to it, and some percent will see less than expected efficacy.

Again, I don't think it's that big of an ask that hospital and nursing home staff be required to get this vaccine too.

posted on Aug, 21 2021 @ 01:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sookiechacha
a reply to: JAGStorm

Not all vaccine hestient people are not caught up in conspiracies about how the NWO is trying kill and/or sterilize people through the vaccine. Many people that are hesitant to take the vaccine say they're hesitant because the vaccine hasn't yet been fully authorized by the FDA.

But a recent Kaiser Family Foundation survey suggests 30 percent of the vaccine hesitant, concerned they are taking an “experimental” drug, are waiting for the Food and Drug Administration (FDA) to formally approve the vaccine.

www.ocregister.com...

That's about to change.

Some people aren't getting vaccine because they think COVID isn't really a problem anymore.

People are optimistic that COVID-19 in the U.S. is coming to an end, according to the latest June report of the KFF COVID-19 Vaccine Monitor. However, this has caused people to believe that COVID-19 is no longer a risk, and as a result, they have not gotten vaccinated. Half of unvaccinated adults think that vaccinations are no longer necessary due to the low cases being reported.

www.boston.com...

But, Polio, Small Pox and Measles aren't really much of a problem anymore either, yet we still vaccinate our kids against those diseases, which is why they aren't so much of a problem anymore.

I just don't think it's a stretch to require all hospitals and nursing homes to have their staff vaccinated against COVID.

Nothing is "about to change."

You can put a lable that says "beef prime rib" on a bag of pig crap; that doesn't make it stop being pig crap.
edit on 2021 8 21 by incoserv because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 21 2021 @ 01:50 PM
link   
a reply to: incoserv

Nothing is "about to change."

The FDA is about to fully approve the vaccines. So, that vaccine hesitancy excuse is about to expire.

posted on Aug, 21 2021 @ 01:57 PM
link   
a reply to: Nyiah

Battered wife syndrome? Probably.

Another vaccine hesitancy would be the actual vaccines themselves. This is Moderna’s only product on the market using a procedure that is not proven with decades of use (mRNA). Johnson & Johnson was pulled from the market temporarily, with zero explanation as to what exactly happened.

Neither of those things inspire confidence. Arm twisting by a guy that can casually leave 80,000 people to die and obliterated inner cities and black families with his Crime Bill really doesn’t help either. If more people were aware of those two things, they would in fact be pretty raw about it.
edit on 21-8-2021 by Ahabstar because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 21 2021 @ 02:57 PM
link   
a reply to: JAGStorm

In my area, most nursing home employees are CNAs and they make 12-15 dollars an hour. The McDonald's in town starts you off at 13 dollars an hour so I think a lot if they really don't want to take it will just take another minimum wage job and leave the nursing home line of work. Great thinking, government.

posted on Aug, 21 2021 @ 03:01 PM
link   
Get a different job then..ffs

posted on Aug, 21 2021 @ 05:14 PM
link   
a reply to: vonclod

So what happens to Grandma when the Nursing Home shuts down from lack of staff? The family already couldn’t take her in? She just kicked to the street?

And where else are those staffers gonna find jobs with full sleeve tattoos?

posted on Aug, 21 2021 @ 05:34 PM
link   
a reply to: Sookiechacha

Why in the absolute #### are you on a site like this if you actually believe for one goddamned second that ANY government gives half a piss about ANY of their people? Ok, awesome, the FDA that's bought and paid for by the pharma industry approves something that's at best nothing worth getting and at worst a trigger for some people's underlying problems and you sincerely think anyone that was "hesitant" is going to suddenly change their mind? Maybe months ago but the "hesitant" people have also now had a whole lot of time to do their own reading up on what a sad joke this "vaccine" is. Particularly medical workers. A sad joke and people like you are the punchline.

In the hospital pharmacy I used to work in, the vaccination rate among pharmacists and students is absolute 0. Not even one. Techs, sure. They just do what they're told generally. Anyone that has any inkling of what these things really are? Won't touch them. My doctor actually got pissed at me for getting the one I had to to maintain my employment status. AND I'M IN NEW YORK.

That being said, I've apparently been infected twice. Both while on chemo/immunosuppressant therapy. Guess what happened? If you guessed "nothing worse than my daily life problems" you'd be correct. Fiancee? Same. This is all a sick joke, so shut off your TV, stop listening to CNN, go live your life. Unless you're one of the elderly population that has 2+ comorbidities that are 1000% screwed because nursing homes are about to lose a significant portion of their staff, don't worry about it. I mean unless you're one of the "I'll just stay scared and listen to what the government tells me because they give a winged turd about me and the rest of my country" crowd. Then just keep on being incapable of seeing anything resembling the truth.

The first quarantine was awful but I didn't say much about it because we didn't know what was going on. But my family and I lost almost a year of our lives to it and we're sick of living in government sanctioned (and promoted) fear. DYING ON YOUR FEET > LIVING ON YOUR KNEES.

posted on Aug, 21 2021 @ 05:34 PM
link   

They will. That's the entire point of the thread. And the concern.

posted on Aug, 21 2021 @ 05:37 PM
link   
a reply to: Magnivea

So, I'm gonna guess that you fall in the 50% margin of vaccine hesitant that don't believe that COVID is a big enough deal to get a vaccine.

posted on Aug, 21 2021 @ 05:39 PM
link   
a reply to: Ahabstar

Well that's an exceptionally ignorant comment. I have 2 full sleeves, as do the vast majority of my coworkers. I can all but guaran-god-damn-tee our monthly net wages are 6 of yours gross. We don't live in the 60s anymore.

posted on Aug, 21 2021 @ 05:52 PM
link   
a reply to: Sookiechacha

So you're not gonna bother to read thoroughly enough to see that I am already "vaccinated" and that, despite being on a therapy that should have ensured my death during my apparently 2 encounters with headcold-vid-19 according to CNN/CBS/the rest, I got some REALLY severe... Sniffles maybe? Possibly some stomach stuff? Don't know. Don't care.

Also, probably should stop calling people "hesitant" because at this point it's pretty clear the vast majority of unvaccinated are going to have to be dragged kicking and screaming to get any of them. I don't blame them even the tiniest bit. "Get this 'vaccine' that still lets you catch this disease, spread this disease, allegedly lessens severity in an ever decreasing percentage, maybe according to us (so you know it's a crock) lessens your chances of dying..." Who the hell in their right mind is going to do that if they already read about Pfizer's struggles with mRNA and their subsequent teetering on the financial edge so to speak? Or WHY exactly no mRNA vaccine has been approved? There's a reason they keep going after Janssen and why Novavax most likely won't be used in the US. Hint: it's not because they're dangerous.

posted on Aug, 21 2021 @ 06:01 PM
link   

So, I'm gonna guess that you fall in the 50% margin of vaccine hesitant that don't believe that COVID is a big enough deal to get a vaccine.

I'm not sure you understand. From the perspective of someone that used to work in the medical field and has a wife that still works in the medical field, I'll try to explain.

A lot of medical workers refuse to take this vaccine, not because we don't think covid is a big deal but because we see the cure as worse than the disease. My wife takes a fistful of supplements specifically for boosting her immune system. She got covid last year. For her it was like having a minor cold. She is greatly concerned for her patients and understands that that may not be the case for them if they have comorbities.

You state that medical workers have taken other vaccines in the past, which is true. But a lot of those vaccinations were taken as children when their parents made the decision for them. This is different. They have a choice, for now, and choose not to take the vaccine.

The point of all of this is to point out that there is a shortage in the medical field now and many nurses are willing to walk if their choice is taken away. That will make the shortage worse. Whether you agree or disagree with mandatory vaccinations, the fact is it will make the shortage worse. How do I know this? My wife is a travel nurse. Travel nurses can demand high rates of pay because facilities are desperate for nurses and CNAs. Her recruiter told her point blank 2 days ago that rates are currently increasing specifically because people are walking away from their jobs rather than be forced to get vaccinated. They are already walking away and it hasn't been mandated yet. What will happen when it is mandated?

posted on Aug, 21 2021 @ 06:18 PM
link   
a reply to: Khaleesi

Thank you, I'm finding it more and more difficult to articulate specific points when dealing with the astounding level of ignorance in people at this point. It all just turns into a cluster of thoughts jumped into one post, heh. Your post summarizes perfectly.

Also, before anyone tries to pull that card, I had it twice LONG before I was essentially forced to be vaccinated or lose my income.

posted on Aug, 21 2021 @ 06:39 PM
link   

It won't take much to tip the balance. The margin is so thin now, all it will need is for a small percentage of nurses to walk away. Add to that the fact that those that have the means to survive financially after walking away are going to be the experienced nurses, the brain drain is going to hurt even worse.
edit on 21-8-2021 by Khaleesi because: grammar

posted on Aug, 21 2021 @ 07:09 PM
link   

A lot of medical workers refuse to take this vaccine, not because we don't think covid is a big deal but because we see the cure as worse than the disease.

Please explain.

posted on Aug, 21 2021 @ 07:53 PM
link   

A lot of medical workers refuse to take this vaccine, not because we don't think covid is a big deal but because we see the cure as worse than the disease.

Please explain.

Some believe that there are other medical treatments already available that are cheaper than the new treatments. Some believe that the FDA is too closely tied to the pharmaceutical companies and are basically corrupt. Some believe in religious exemption. Some believe there are better and safer ways to boost the immune system. There are a lot of reasons. More than I can think of off the top of my head right now.

You broke it down into 2 groups. Those that are hesitant to take the vaccine because it hasn't been FDA approved and those that think covid isn't a big deal. It's much more complicated. Yes, those 2 groups exist but there are people that don't fit into either of those groups. It is really too simplistic to break it down into 2 groups with a 50/50 split.

All of this is beside the point. The point is the shortage of nurses already exists and this mandate will make it worse. I may be misunderstanding your point but what I see you saying is the cost of vaccinating the staff will not cause a financial strain on the nursing homes. If that isn't what you are saying, feel free to correct me. My point is that isn't a concern at all. The shortage of staff is the concern.

What will happen is a cascading effect. Even a small percentage of staff walking out will have a profound effect. Nursing homes are in fear when AHCA (Agency for Healthcare Administration) walks in the door to review the facility. If they find anything amiss they can 'tag' the facility. Each tag is a fine and that 'tag' continues on a daily basis until it is fixed. Being understaffed is a 'tag'. An expensive one. So facilities walk a fine line in staffing. Enough to prevent a 'tag' but not enough to cut into their bottom line.

Add to that, the cost of travel nurses, which they rely on heavily to maintain enough staff. Currently my wife is a travel nurse and I'll tell you why. She, along with most travel nurses knows a dirty little not so well kept secret. No matter if she is a travel nurse or a staff nurse, she is going to work in an understaffed facility. So if she is going to work her @ss off (and believe me, she does) she might as well get paid very well for doing so. By very well, I mean approximately twice what she will make as a staff nurse.

So, guess what is happening? Nurses are leaving staff positions to travel for more money. The facilities are losing staff nurses and having to use travel nurses. They are already hurting financially because of it. More staff nurses will quit over this mandate, putting an even greater strain on the system and it will eventually fail.

posted on Aug, 21 2021 @ 08:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: Ahabstar

So what happens to Grandma when the Nursing Home shuts down from lack of staff? The family already couldn’t take her in? She just kicked to the street?

And where else are those staffers gonna find jobs with full sleeve tattoos?

Hey buddy, if the people most at risk are in nursing homes/care homes..and you don't want the shot..wtf is supposed to happen in this instance? These are the people at the most risk.

Everyone talked about protecting the vulnerable as the alternative to lock downs..so, ya, this makes sense to me..go figure

I'm not a fan of vax passports, or forced anything..this is were I can live with an exception.
edit on 21-8-2021 by vonclod because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 21 2021 @ 08:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sookiechacha that vaccine hesitancy excuse is about to expire.

it's not a matter of 'excuses', it's a matter of personal choice without threat of denial of participation in society. i don't need an excuse to exercise my right to decide what does and does not get administered to me in any medical context and on any medical pretext. blackmail has the exact opposite effect intended on me, and doubtless a great many others. the harder they push, the deeper i dig my heels in.

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join