It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Gnosis of Easter

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 24 2005 @ 10:52 PM
link   
This is quite interesting.

The Gnosis of Easter

An excerpt:

Though Christ a thousand times in Bethlehem be born
And not within thyself, thy soul will be forlorn.

The Cross on Golgotha thou lookest to in vain
Unless within thyself it be set up again.

Easter is one of the primary days of the Christian calendar, commemorating the resurrection of Jesus after his crucifixion. In the West, Easter is celebrated on the Sunday following the full moon next after the vernal equinox (between Mar. 22 and Apr. 25).

This Holy Day is actually far older than Christianity. The name “Easter” is derived from “Ostara,” the Anglo-Saxon goddess of spring, fertility, and the rising sun. This name is a variation on the name of Ishtar, the Babylonian and Assyrian goddess of love and fertility.

Throughout Europe were celebrated rituals and sacrifices in recognition of the movement in nature from death (winter) to life (spring). These traditions were gradually absorbed by the evangelizing Christian movements. But the movement of the Sun, in its triumphant march toward the heavens, has been celebrated by people the world over. The spiritual value of Easter is reflected in the traditions and mythologies of many cultures and religions, all of which symbolize the esoteric or root meaning: the triumph of the Christ over the ego of the penitent seeker.

To understand this celebration, and the modern Holy Day of Easter, we must first understand something about the Christ...

It's also featured on the home page: www.gnosis-usa.com...

PEACE

posted on Mar, 25 2005 @ 12:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by Tamahu
This is quite interesting.

[url=http://www.gnosis-usa.com//]

PEACE

thanks
happy easter

your likely to already visited the www.metahistory.org/
site, i like it a bunch, for different reasons no doubt...
but i suspect we are both in the same arena

Sophia, will once-again become the bride,
KundaliniForce will not be nicknamed HolyGhost

goodnight

posted on Mar, 25 2005 @ 07:20 AM
link   
Well the day of Christ's Resurrection is called PASCHA.......meaning Passover...

So the event many celebrate is quote// for as the Apostle Paul declares,
if Christ be not risen,
then is our preaching vain,
and your faith is also vain (I Cor. 15:14).
Through His redeeming Passion,
Christ freed us from the tyranny of death and opened for us the door to Paradise and eternal life.
This is the goal of our life-long spiritual journey, a journey from death to life, from darkness to light.
It is a long journey and we travellers get weary; we get distracted and wander off or even lose sight of the road.
To help keep us focussed,
the Church every year compresses for us this journey as it prepares us to greet the Feast of Christ's Resurrection, which is a foretaste of that eternal Pascha.
quote//Also, St. Paul calls Christ our "Passover," and the Passover of the Old Testament we understand to be a prefigurement of the Pascha of the Lord (which also symbolizes the Lord's Passion).

In 325, the Council of Nicea decided that all Christians should celebrate Easter on the Sunday after the first vernal full moon of the spring equinox—a formula that followed Jewish practice in Jesus' day.
That formula held for more than 700 years, until Christendom split into Orthodoxy and Catholicism in 1054.

So there you have it.......Easter may mean something ........but it's Pascha that true Christianity celebrate........The Resurrection of our Lord Jesus Christ........

posted on Mar, 25 2005 @ 06:59 PM
link   
I guess this lecture doesn't really belong in the conspiracy section of Religion; though the true significance of Easter is hardly recognized anymore, so perhaps it could belong here.

St Udio

I've never seen that site. Thanks I'll have to check it out.

We could be in the same arena.

From what I've read of your posts; they have made more sense than what I get from the average poster.

helen670

I agree with your post in a sense, though we probably view the Gospels in a totally different way(or maybe not).

Did you read the lecture?

It is probably too Gnostic/Esoteric for your spiritual tastes no?

Peace

posted on Mar, 25 2005 @ 07:18 PM
link   
Just because a pagan Holiday has been around longer means that Easter barrows from it?

Easter is a new way of doing the Jewish Passover. It is just the Roman Emporer thought it would be a good way to make coverts to Chritianity by piggybacking on a pagen holiday

posted on Mar, 25 2005 @ 10:36 PM
link   
All authentic Religions have a common root.

posted on Mar, 26 2005 @ 11:25 AM
link   
Let me know what pagen religions use circumcision then, and I will agree with you

posted on Mar, 26 2005 @ 11:40 AM
link   
Many Christian holidays are based on Pagan holidays, or held to coincide with Pagan holidays, as mentioned above, to more easily win new converts. Whether this practise is right or wrong is a matter of personal opinion. I personally don't think it is a disgrace to Christianity (or 'wrong') or a disgrace to Paganism-nowadays we all have a choice; Neither do I think it takes away from the meaning of the holiday (even though most people celebrate holidays with no real intent but what marketing gives to them, i.e., "We have to buy a buncha stuff!!!").

posted on Mar, 26 2005 @ 11:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by Jehosephat
Let me know what pagen religions use circumcision then, and I will agree with you

Judaism

posted on Mar, 26 2005 @ 12:20 PM
link   
Religion is stupid and Jesus didn't believe in religion. Religions try to control us - tell us how to live, what to do and what the bible means.. I can do all that for myself. All you need is faith.

posted on Mar, 26 2005 @ 05:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jehosephat

Well according to my knowledge, Abraham wasn't even circumcised until he came to Kemet, where he learned about this practice(as they were already practicing it).

Let me see where I can dig this info up again.

Also, "pagan" is a highly subjective term.

Exoteric Christians and Jews could be considered "pagan", because their supposed 'Monotheism' is more like Mono-Idolatry.....

(even though most people celebrate holidays with no real intent but what marketing gives to them, i.e., "We have to buy a buncha stuff!!!").

Right, how disgusting that this humanity nowadays, has to profane and cheapen any and every-thing that is supposed to be Holy.

Reducing everything to Idolatry.....

posted on Mar, 29 2005 @ 07:47 PM
link   
So did anyone read and get anything out of THIS?

posted on Mar, 29 2005 @ 08:05 PM
link   

posted on Apr, 6 2005 @ 11:34 PM
link   

posted on Apr, 12 2006 @ 06:12 PM
link   
Looks like it's about that time again.

Originally posted by helen670
So there you have it.......Easter may mean something ........but it's Pascha that true Christianity celebrate........The Resurrection of our Lord Jesus Christ........

"Though Christ a thousand times in Bethlehem be born
And not within thyself, thy soul will be forlorn.

The Cross on Golgotha thou lookest to in vain
Unless within thyself it be set up again."

Likewise, He has to Be Resurrected within US.

But first, we have to be Born Again.

new topics

top topics

join