It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Forget Garlic! Try Rice to stop a Vampire

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 20 2021 @ 09:28 AM
link   
Vampires are either Clean Freaks or have a Serious case of Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder.

It’s hilarious and interesting to me that throughout both Eastern and Western Europe, folktales claim you can stop a vampire attack dead (pun intended) by scattering rice or matchsticks around the room. Failing rice or fire-starting supplies on hand, one can simply untie one’s shoes and leave them around the room! The upshot is that the vampire can’t help himself…he feels compelled to pick up the rice or matchsticks before he attacks—though what, exactly, he does with them once collected is left to conjecture. And the shoes? What else? He has to tie them.

Anyone hear any other means of thwarting a vampire?

posted on Aug, 20 2021 @ 09:37 AM
link   
a reply to: Thoughtcrime

posted on Aug, 20 2021 @ 09:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: keukendeur

HA!

posted on Aug, 20 2021 @ 10:20 AM
link   

Nope, my ex and I ate rice frequently. It didn’t mitigate her lust for life giving juice one bit.

Also, I was the cook and put boat loads of garlic in everything. That didn’t seem to phase her either.

Thankfully, I got away before she bled me dry. Unfortunately, she still possesses the power to suck the life out of me.

posted on Aug, 20 2021 @ 10:22 AM
link   
Everyone knows the only way to kill a vampire is to cut their head off with a gravediggers shovel. The wood stake is just to hold them while you do it.

Now a zombie, that is more difficult. You must fill their mouth with salt and sew their lips together. You just try to sew up a zombie without waking them up.

I studied the historic training videos long ago.

edit on 8 20 2021 by beyondknowledge because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 20 2021 @ 10:25 AM
link   

I think Granny Weatherwax and Nanny Ogg threw a box of pins on the floor to fox them in the Terry Pratchett book.

posted on Aug, 20 2021 @ 10:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: Thoughtcrime
The upshot is that the vampire can’t help himself…he feels compelled to pick up the rice or matchsticks before he attacks...

So vampires have OCD?

posted on Aug, 20 2021 @ 10:34 AM
link   
a reply to: beyondknowledge

i watch kolchak every saturday night. loved the show as a kid.

Darren McGavin was great.

posted on Aug, 20 2021 @ 10:40 AM
link   
I eat quite a bit of garlic. Have not been bitten by a vampire yet so it must work.

posted on Aug, 20 2021 @ 10:43 AM
link   

Richard Pryor's, the Wino and Dracula comes to mind.

posted on Aug, 20 2021 @ 11:13 AM
link   
a reply to: KKLOCO

Wish how I could figure out how to download and paste one of laughing emojis!

Best I can do:

posted on Aug, 20 2021 @ 11:14 AM
link   
a reply to: beyondknowledge

Whoa!! Kool hawk from the Nightwalker series! Old school…

posted on Aug, 20 2021 @ 11:16 AM
link   
a reply to: SprocketUK

Interesting! Chalk up another weapon in our arsenal.

posted on Aug, 20 2021 @ 11:17 AM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

That’s certainly what I implied —er pondered—in my OP

posted on Aug, 20 2021 @ 11:19 AM
link   
a reply to: hounddoghowlie

I vaguely remember that skit. What did Pryor ‘use’ to ward off the vampire? (Asking for a friend)

posted on Aug, 20 2021 @ 11:48 AM
link   

The one that always sticks with me that I read as a kid is, it's not just picking things up, vampires are obsessed with counting.

So yeah you drop a box of tacs on the floor they will be like 1,2,3,4,5.....etc lol

So yes they are OCD apparently . Maybe it's something in the blood.

posted on Aug, 20 2021 @ 11:53 AM
link   
a reply to: chris_stibrany

It is actually that myth (the counting) as to why The Count on Sesame Street was a vampire. They played down the bloodsucking undead fiend part however, because children.

posted on Aug, 20 2021 @ 11:55 AM
link   
You know that how in the movies poring blood on the ashes of a dead vampire will bring him back to life ? Terry Patchett's vampire wore a vile of blood in a delicate glass vile around his neck. Too much sun and down he goes , vile breaks and back to live he comes.

posted on Aug, 20 2021 @ 12:36 PM
link   

Lot's and Lot's of Whisky, I mean it the vampire does NOT want a headache or he or she will not be able to sleep all day at all as after all hangovers always strike in the morning which is bedtime for them.

Also good to stop a Zombie horde, no seriously think about it you and your mates get so bladdered blind drunk pissed that when the slowest of you stumbles into the Zombie Horde he either walks and talks just like them so get's a free pass or they eat him and fall over paralytic drunk themselves allowing you to then just step over them - mind the vomit though.

Sorry I love being an imbecile (Sometimes).

And now you have me longing for either a good Chinese or Indian or NO definitely I love it a proper Japanese Omurice with beef curry (basically a ball of sweet Japanese sticky rice wrapped in an omelette in the shape of a Cornish pasty with beef curry (Japanese curry is not as hot as others and has it's own character which is quite pleasing to the taste buds) drizzled plentifully over it, only had it once in a restaurant when I was in Japan in the 90's but still longing for it today all these years later that is how much I enjoyed it.

Not like the one I had but it looks nice anyway.

edit on 20-8-2021 by LABTECH767 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 20 2021 @ 12:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: chris_stibrany

The one that always sticks with me that I read as a kid is, it's not just picking things up, vampires are obsessed with counting.

So yeah you drop a box of tacs on the floor they will be like 1,2,3,4,5.....etc lol

So yes they are OCD apparently . Maybe it's something in the blood.

I wonder if that is why they use "The Count" on seasame street to teach counting...

1, 2, 3.... muhahahaha

top topics

<<   2 >>

join