It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Did the United States Accomplish Its Mission in Afghanistan - Was It Worth The Sacrifices?.

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 20 2021 @ 05:27 AM
link   
I wish people would stop saying, thank you for your service .... instead why not hold U.S. government responsible for its criminal actions against the America people.

a reply to: Nunyabizisit

posted on Aug, 20 2021 @ 05:30 AM
link   
I live in the Northwest and 143 people rescued from that overtaken Terrorist county...Live in the northwest now; they are in America and for that I am glad.

posted on Aug, 20 2021 @ 05:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: DeathSlayer
I wish people would stop saying, thank you for your service .... instead why not hold U.S. government responsible for its criminal actions against the America people.

It's something I do for personal reasons whenever someone mentions their service.

No questions. No challenge to their claims.

Just gratitude for putting on the uniform and taking the oath.

Have been doing it for decades, and won't ever stop.

Don't really care if anyone else does it, or if anyone else likes it.

Won't change my personal reason for doing so, and won't stop doing it.

Sorry if it ruffles anyone's feathers.

That's just unavoidable sometimes.

posted on Aug, 20 2021 @ 06:36 AM
link   
"A few weeks ago I might have agreed that now a minimal threat to U.S.

That was before joe gave taliban an entire armys worth of modern equipment & ammunition.

Now I am more concerned than ever before.

The full ramifications of what joe just did are not well understood yet."

You could give those hillbilly Tribesmen the entire years supply from the 82nd Airborne Division and they would STILL not present a viable threat to America. If we go pissing in our pants over a few thousand opium farmers who cant spell their names, we are really gonna be in trouble against the Chinese Armed Forces when they decide times up on Tiawan. And BEFORE anyone says "Those hillbilly Tribes beat us!?, no they didnt...WE beat ourselves...just like we did in Vietnam...going places we had ZERO REASONS to STAY THERE. If anything this should teach us that long term Nation building only works SOME of the time...and almost is never worth it. Japan and Germany excepted...both were and still are heavy Industrial Nations....

edit on 8 20 2021 by HiddenIdentity because: (no reason given)

edit on 8 20 2021 by HiddenIdentity because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 20 2021 @ 06:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: HiddenIdentity
"A few weeks ago I might have agreed that now a minimal threat to U.S.

That was before joe gave taliban an entire armys worth of modern equipment & ammunition.

Now I am more concerned than ever before.

The full ramifications of what joe just did are not well understood yet."

You could give those hillbilly Tribesmen the entire years supply from the 82nd Airborne Division and they would STILL not present a viable threat to America. If we go pissing in our pants over a few thousand opium farmers who cant spell their names, we are really gonna be in trouble against the Chinese Armed Forces when they decide times up on Tiawan.

Wow.

Just.

Wow.

Throwing in your racism now?

Is defending what joe just did really worth that much to you?

I guess so.

19 nutjobs didn't 'present a threat to America' either.

But they sure did a lot of harm.

Now they have more tools to hurt us.

Thanks to what joe just did.

posted on Aug, 20 2021 @ 06:45 AM
link   
We were there to see that the opium fields went back into production. Taliban damn near wiped it out before we got there. Now the fields are as far as the eye can see...and America has more addicts than Carter has pills. Not to mention all the minerals we extracted from their soil....can't have those fancy batteries without those elements. But Biden has decided to muck it all up again.....hello new wave of boogey men called terrorists from Afghanistan

posted on Aug, 20 2021 @ 06:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: Fatboy527
We were there to see that the opium fields went back into production. Taliban damn near wiped it out before we got there. Now the fields are as far as the eye can see...and America has more addicts than Carter has pills. Not to mention all the minerals we extracted from their soil....can't have those fancy batteries without those elements. But Biden has decided to muck it all up again.....hello new wave of boogey men called terrorists from Afghanistan

I don't know where to even start.

Would you like to edit out any of that absurdity before I really respond?

posted on Aug, 20 2021 @ 08:23 AM
link   
It was a failure all round due to complete lack of understanding of Afghanistan or it's people”

Maybe. But it DID deny unfettered safe haven for terrorists for 20 years and led to the complete collapse of al Queda around the world. So there’s that…

The US and allies never tried to tackle the funding from Saudi or the brainwashing Madrasa Mosques in Pakistan which are the two main causes of Wahhabism.

Simply not true. First, there are plenty of articles about how the U.S. took the Saudis to task, since UBL and 16 of the hijackers on 9/11 were Saudi; many of the ‘charities’ that financed al Queda were chaired and funded by members of the Saudi royal household. The U.S. put an end to that with cooperation of the Saudi king [www.nytimes.com...]
Second, the U.S. constantly pressured Pakistan to crack down on Madrassas that were known hotbeds of radicalism, madrassas that everyone knew were churning out suicide bombers and soldiers for the Taliban. An exclamation point was put to the issue when a drone attack demolished a madrassa with a reputation for being the most radical in Pakistan, killing an estimated 110 students and instructors.

The invasion was so poorly planned the US teamed up with warlords and druglords as they were desperate for anyone who controlled border areas, then acted suprised that such groups were corrupt and as bad, if not worse, than the Taliban.

I don’t recall ANYONE “acting surprised” at the nature of the folks we were dealing with. Most of them were well known, having worked with them for ten years during the Soviet occupation of Afghanistan. In fact, there is anecdotal evidence that U.S. efforts were “hamstrung” because of our fastidious insistence that our Afghan allies be some sort of ‘saint’—a nearly impossible requirement, given Afghan history and culture.
As for being “warlords and drug lords”, you’re basically describing ANYONE in Afghanistan with even the slightest bit of power, for the last 200 years (or more). As FDR reputedly once said: “Samoza may be a son of a bitch, but he’s OUR son of a bitch!”

posted on Aug, 20 2021 @ 08:28 AM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

George Bush landing on the carrier told the story. As the banner proclaimed, MISSION ACCOMPLISHED

Remember that in the US Global War Of Terror, the mission is waging war for profits, not winning said war.

We wage war to make profits. Old news indeed.

posted on Aug, 20 2021 @ 08:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: Salander

George Bush landing on the carrier told the story. As the banner proclaimed, MISSION ACCOMPLISHED

Maybe you are lost?

What does bush on a carrier have to do with anything?

You do know he was a carrier fighter pilot, right?

His father too.

Is this what TDS victims are going to do for a fix now that unrelated Trump comments will always result in a smackdown?

Go all the way back to bush on a carrier?

I'm starting to feel sorry for you guys.

Doesn't alter your absurdity though.

posted on Aug, 20 2021 @ 08:46 AM
link   

Dubya was not a Navy pilot. He was a weekend warrior for Texas Air Guard as I recall, snorting coc aine more than flying airplanes.

His old man WAS a Navy pilot, WWII carrier type.

Landing on carriers has nothing at all to do with Afghanistan, but the message on the banner in front of the cameras was MISSION ACCOMPLISHED, and it might have been the only truthful statement made during Dubya's reign.

Waging war is the accomplished goal, NOT winning said war.

It's possible you are too young to remember the banner I'm talking about.

posted on Aug, 20 2021 @ 08:56 AM
link   

a reply to: Nunyabizisit Dubya was not a Navy pilot. He was a weekend warrior for Texas Air Guard as I recall, snorting coc aine more than flying airplanes. His old man WAS a Navy pilot, WWII carrier type. Landing on carriers has nothing at all to do with Afghanistan, but the message on the banner in front of the cameras was MISSION ACCOMPLISHED, and it might have been the only truthful statement made during Dubya's reign. Waging war is the accomplished goal, NOT winning said war. It's possible you are too young to remember the banner I'm talking about.

Dub ya snorting coc aine? Are you sure you’re not thinking of Bill Clinton or Obama?

“ Landing on carriers has nothing at all to do with Afghanistan…” I’m pretty sure all those Navy pilots who flew in Afghanistan (during the initial phase) might disagree with you there.

posted on Aug, 20 2021 @ 09:04 AM
link   

Dubya was not a Navy pilot. He was a weekend warrior for Texas Air Guard as I recall, snorting coc aine more than flying airplanes.

His old man WAS a Navy pilot, WWII carrier type.

Landing on carriers has nothing at all to do with Afghanistan, but the message on the banner in front of the cameras was MISSION ACCOMPLISHED, and it might have been the only truthful statement made during Dubya's reign.

Waging war is the accomplished goal, NOT winning said war.

It's possible you are too young to remember the banner I'm talking about.

He was carrier rated, was he not?

That makes him carrier pilot.

Stop ragging on the guard.

I remember the banner perfectly.

And the coc aine rumors.

Have any evidence?

Of course not.

I guess he was just good at faking all those drug tests for 10 years.

Wanna ask hunter how difficult that is to do?

He will say impossible.

And why bring any of it up here?

THAT is what I responded to.

Maybe I should start harping on Obama's birth certificate?

No more absurd than what you are doing?

Flailing about, trying to find any way to distract from what joe just did.

How is that going?

Probably pretty frustrating, eh?

posted on Aug, 20 2021 @ 09:14 AM
link   
a reply to: Thoughtcrime

Your comments come across as rather desperate.

Air Guard pilots don't get carrier qualified. They are not Navy pilots.

Many members of the Bush Crime Family snorted their share of coc aine--safe bet.

posted on Aug, 20 2021 @ 09:23 AM
link   

Not really. Al Que'da in Islamic Maghreb and Al Queda in Arab Peninsula are stronger than ever. Yemen has always been the home to Al-Qu'eda rather than Afghanistan.

Saudi Arabia is still the biggest funder of ISIS, Al-Qu'eda and Sunni Jihadi groups. CH4

The US have continued selling arms to Pakistan and Saudi despite all the evidence the countries directly supplied US weapons to Jihadi groups including ISIS and AL-Qu'eda. - link

The CIA handed over terrorists including the chief bomb maker to al-qu'eda in 2006 who had planned attacks in the UK to the Pakistani ISI to try and gain favour with them - giving the UK less than six hours to foil nationwide attacks. The UK had war ned not to trust Pakistan and wait until the UK SIS had arrested the terrorists before handing him over to Pakistan - the CIA ignored all this advice he was let free by the ISI.

is a good documentary explaining just how naive the US were and how they were willing to throw allied countries under a bus in failed attempts to win over Pakistan.

Even after this the head of the CIA celebrated what he'd done and said he'd do the exact same thing again if he had the chance.

Agreed those with power are all druglords and warlords, it's the main reason why trrying to create a democracy was always going to fail.
edit on 20-8-2021 by bastion because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 20 2021 @ 09:24 AM
link   

Your comments come across as rather desperate.

Air Guard pilots don't get carrier qualified. They are not Navy pilots.

Many members of the Bush Crime Family snorted their share of coc aine--safe bet.

Maybe you need dictionary for 'desperate'?

Pretty sure I read that he was, related to some south american missions with cia.

Doesn't really matter though, does it?

Still couldn't get past the drug tests if what you claim is even remotely true.

Fighter pilots get a lot of scrutiny, regardless of where they land.

Down to making 'safe bets' now?

Pathetic.

Wanna hear some of my safe bets about joe?

I have some good ones about hunter.

Obama too.

Even better ones about both clintons.

No more absurd than what you are repeatedly doing.

posted on Aug, 20 2021 @ 09:28 AM
link   
a reply to: bastion

"trying to create a democracy was always going to fail."

Nobody here has ever said otherwise.

And that doesn't in any way explain or justify what joe just did.

posted on Aug, 20 2021 @ 09:38 AM
link   

There is no justification for what Biden has done. Why do you think I'm trying to make excuses for him?

posted on Aug, 20 2021 @ 09:41 AM
link   

If anything it will be worse than ever now.

I've never seen the States do anything like this before, just pull up and leave without a good exit strategy and follow-up plan.

They used 9/11 as an excuse for a lot of foreign intervention and policies, just an excuse.

Should have just upgraded it to a glass parking lot back in 2001.

posted on Aug, 20 2021 @ 09:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: bastion

There is no justification for what Biden has done. Why do you think I'm trying to make excuses for him?

I actually don't.

But you keep posting things that could be taken that way and I'm not letting anything slide right now.

Facing coordinated effort by some who ARE desperately trying to defend joe.

They are having a little success elsewhere.

But none here.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join