It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Smokers and covid Question

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+5 more 
posted on Aug, 19 2021 @ 10:28 PM
link   
I am a long time smoker and I hardly ever get sick from a cold or flu.

As a matter of fact the last two times I got really sick Was during the 2 years I quit smoking.

So my question is for other smokers.

Has any of you caught covid and if you did did you get sick ?

I am unvaxed and never wear a mask and have not had so much as a sniffle this whole pandemic but I tested positive for antibodies.

posted on Aug, 19 2021 @ 10:31 PM
link   
a reply to: sciencelol

I haven't had a cold or flu in at least 20 years.

I'm a heavy smoker.

I think early on there were studies showing smokers rarely got the Vid.

posted on Aug, 19 2021 @ 10:34 PM
link   
I tested positive on 7/26. One week of a fever and the next week was some coughing and some strange breathing issues. Felt kinda like reduced lung capacity but I could force myself to take a deep breath and the lung capacity was still there. That lasted a few days and I was fine. My wife ended up in the hospital for 3 days with pneumonia and she's the non smoker.

posted on Aug, 19 2021 @ 10:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: MykeNukem

I'm a heavy smoker.

I saw some of those stories . My wife and I were gonna try and quit because of covid at first then we saw some of those stories and said well lets just keep smoking.

We probably wouldnt have been able to quit anyway lol

+5 more 
posted on Aug, 19 2021 @ 10:38 PM
link   

Smoker

Unvaxxed

Feeling groovy

posted on Aug, 19 2021 @ 10:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: sciencelol

I'm a heavy smoker.

I saw some of those stories . My wife and I were gonna try and quit because of covid at first then we saw some of those stories and said well lets just keep smoking.

Probably a good call.

My wife quit the second she found ot she was pregnant, hasn't smoked since, that was 1997 lol, me not so much, been smoking since I was a kid at 12 basically.

Stupidest Fn habit ever, but maybe for once it's giving us some benefits?

*Crosses fingers.

posted on Aug, 19 2021 @ 10:42 PM
link   

I'm a heavy smoker.

Probably a good call.

My wife quit the second she found ot she was pregnant, hasn't smoked since, that was 1997 lol, me not so much, been smoking since I was a kid at 12 basically.

*Crosses fingers.

Right . I am so addicted lol . We have discussed quitting countless times .

But like I said I think I will just ride it out

posted on Aug, 19 2021 @ 10:45 PM
link   

I'm a heavy smoker.

Probably a good call.

*Crosses fingers.

Right . I am so addicted lol . We have discussed quitting countless times .

But like I said I think I will just ride it out

Same.

ATS doesn't help if you're trying to quit, lmao.

posted on Aug, 19 2021 @ 10:45 PM
link   

I remember early on, reports from China and Italy saying that smokers seemed to not end up in the hospital very much. I understand smoking is really big in China these days.

But I haven't heard the news in the US mention that trend here. And you KNOW they tell us all the useful facts out there! LoL

posted on Aug, 19 2021 @ 10:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: new_here

I remember early on, reports from China and Italy saying that smokers seemed to not end up in the hospital very much. I understand smoking is really big in China these days.

But I haven't heard the news in the US mention that trend here. And you KNOW they tell us all the useful facts out there! LoL

Yep and I remember stories of them having soldiers smoke in Nam to avoid illnesses

posted on Aug, 19 2021 @ 10:55 PM
link   

Yeah smoker here too but I thought I had it back in March of 2020, antibody test in April 2020 was negative.

When I went to the doctor and she listened to my lungs, she said I had the best sounding lungs of any long time smoker she has ever heard.

I attributed that to walking 10-12 miles a day as a mailman and she agreed that was probably it.
edit on 19-8-2021 by RazorV66 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 19 2021 @ 10:57 PM
link   

Honestly, if you are a smoker, heavy, your lungs are already coated, so if you think about it,covid has a hard time getting through the mucus and flem, so it reasons to stand that you might be able to cough it out before you get infected.Crude,but might have truth to it...I dunno....Heavy smoker here, so I like the sound of it..lol

posted on Aug, 19 2021 @ 10:59 PM
link   
When you smoke cigarettes, it creates nitric oxide, which actually disrupts most viruses. Our body creates it to kill microbes and viruses. They are not going to tell us that smoking tobacco kills microbes because they have been brainwashing people for forty years that it causes all kinds of cancers. When in fact, nicotine can cause some cancers, but if you smoke less than say fifteen cigarettes a day it doesn't hurt you that much as they say. The issue isn't that their lies about it causing cancer were BS, it is that they never investigated all the other chemistries that are probably causing the problem because it is well accepted now that it is all about cigarettes. Over half of the people I knew that got lung cancer never smoked a day in their life and tried to stay away from people smoking cigarettes. Blaming one culprit for everything lets the real culprit keep hurting us.

posted on Aug, 19 2021 @ 11:01 PM
link   

My husband and I both smoke and got Covid back in Jan of this year, For both of us, it was a nothing burger, We had headache and tiredness for a couple days. Over, and we're both mosty fine. I still can not smell much. Then there's this , we are both in our70's He had heart attack 10 years ago, and I had a stroke about 8 years ago.

posted on Aug, 19 2021 @ 11:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: RazorV66

Yeah smoker here too but I thought I had it back in March of 2020, antibody test in April 2020 was negative.

When I went to the doctor and she listened to my lungs, she said I had had the best sounding lungs of any long time smoker she has ever heard.

I attributed that to walking 10-12 miles a day as a mailman and she agreed that was probably it.

I had a stress test a couple years ago and they had me running on that damm treadmill tell my legs were gonna fall off.

She said I still had a 97% oxygen level after that.

I have been smoking for 35 years and I can still hold my breath for quite a long time

posted on Aug, 19 2021 @ 11:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: Darkblade71

Honestly, if you are a smoker, heavy, your lungs are already coated, so if you think about it,covid has a hard time getting through the mucus and flem, so it reasons to stand that you might be able to cough it out before you get infected.Crude,but might have truth to it...I dunno....Heavy smoker here, so I like the sound of it..lol

Lol, I'm with ya all the way.

Ever hear of Gunnite? Anyway, we joke at work that we have an impenetrable coating of Gunnite on our lungs, that's why we're so healthy.

edit on 8/19/2021 by MykeNukem because: sp. ocd

posted on Aug, 19 2021 @ 11:02 PM
link   
a reply to: Darkblade71

It seems to be a trend, during the Spanish flu people started smoking because smokers didn't seem to be getting it.

posted on Aug, 19 2021 @ 11:05 PM
link   
Got sick for awhile, nothing to bad.. felt like a giant bear hug restricting breathing but just got up and did some intense workout routines to get my breathing and hearth rate up.. was fine less then 3 days later.. and I am immuno compromised.

So screw the vax. There's a reason they been pushing hate on smokers before all this happened ya know.

You should look into project trinity..After they started doing nuclear bomb tests. they started tests on mice and smoking. Because everyone in the nearby town started getting cancer except those that smoked.

Mice they forced to swollow/inhale nuclear radiation particles(dust). The non 2nd hand smoking mice all got cancer, those that were exposed to second hand (via filling the cages) literally crapped out the radiation particles and none of them got cancer.

So yeah, there are some benefits to smoking. That mucus lining protects you from all sorts of things including radioactive dust from all those nuclear tests.
edit on 19-8-2021 by BlackArrow because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 19 2021 @ 11:06 PM
link   

It might be the nicotine.
clinicaltrials.gov...
edit on 19-8-2021 by IAMTAT because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 19 2021 @ 11:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: anonentity
a reply to: Darkblade71

It seems to be a trend, during the Spanish flu people started smoking because smokers didn't seem to be getting it.

I learn something new every day.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join