It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Prohibitions on mask mandates may infringe on civil rights

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 19 2021 @ 06:04 PM
link   
In a classic democratic style the Biden administration is going after GOP governors for being racist child haters for enacting prohibitions on mask mandates. The Biden administration plans to bring GOP governors into compliance by threatening to withhold federal education funds.

The covid response was and is inevitably going to be polarized under Biden, because many Republicans have deliberately adopted Donald Trump’s project of using it to foment civil conflict wherever possible.

Biden’s education secretary, Miguel Cardona, is now vowing to use the Education Department’s civil rights enforcement division to investigate states that ban local officials from implementing mask mandates.

“We’re not going to sit by as governors try to block and intimidate educators protecting our children,” Biden vowed.

The idea here is that the suspension of in-person learning has disproportionately harmed the learning of vulnerable students, such as students of color. If a GOP governor’s ban on mask mandates is — by making schools less safe — preventing them from resuming in-person learning, that could be subject to investigation.

link

Will this tactic work to bring the Governors to heal? Or will it anger parents as they see funds stripped from their schools after two years of bad child education after covid.

+2 more 
posted on Aug, 19 2021 @ 06:25 PM
link   
Let me get this straight. Preventing schools from requiring masks violates the students civil rights? That's some Joe Biden logic right there. "If a government entity can't force you to do something, it violates your civil rights."

Either they're grasping at straws or they aren't even trying to make sense anymore.

posted on Aug, 19 2021 @ 07:00 PM
link   
From what I understand, no one is preventing anyone from wearing masks if they or their parents want to. How is not forcing someone to do something and also not stopping them from doing it a violation of any civil rights?

Did Biden come up with this one all by himself?

posted on Aug, 19 2021 @ 07:07 PM
link   
a reply to: beyondknowledge

Poor senile china man, he can not even remember what he learn in law school under constitutional law, or did he took constitutional law, I do not know.

Anyway, nope, no, nada, this will never go forward.

posted on Aug, 19 2021 @ 07:17 PM
link   
defend him. I want to see it.

posted on Aug, 19 2021 @ 07:19 PM
link   
a reply to: dandandat2

That's a new twist.

Makes complete sense in Bizarro World.

Give them a C for Creativity.

posted on Aug, 19 2021 @ 07:20 PM
link   
As was pointed out in the Medicare/Medicaid thread, it is a Constitutional violation of the separation of powers for him to withhold funds that have already been appropriated by Congress (and signed into law by the previous President, absent any signing statements). This is impeachable.

posted on Aug, 19 2021 @ 07:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: beyondknowledge
From what I understand, no one is preventing anyone from wearing masks if they or their parents want to. How is not forcing someone to do something and also not stopping them from doing it a violation of any civil rights?

I don't think its about the masks themselves.

The logic goes .... preventing mask mandates will cause more people to get sick .... more people getting sick causes schools to close because of lock downs ... schools closing infringes the children's right to an education.

To fix this issue the Biden administration plans to defund the schools.
edit on 19-8-2021 by dandandat2 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 19 2021 @ 09:16 PM
link   
Your rights end where mine begin.
End of story.

I can decide what I wear, and what gets injected into me. YOU can decide what you wear, and what gets injected into you.
You cannot decide what I wear, and what gets injected into me.

This isn't hard to understand.
What's the problem?

posted on Aug, 19 2021 @ 09:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: DashVol
As was pointed out in the Medicare/Medicaid thread, it is a Constitutional violation of the separation of powers for him to withhold funds that have already been appropriated by Congress (and signed into law by the previous President, absent any signing statements). This is impeachable.

Best answer .
You used the Constitution against traitorous Joe , impeccably .

posted on Aug, 19 2021 @ 09:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: beyondknowledge

DING DING DING DING!! We have a winner folks! Spot on!

posted on Aug, 19 2021 @ 11:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: VictorVonDoom
Let me get this straight. Preventing schools from requiring masks violates the students civil rights? That's some Joe Biden logic right there. "If a government entity can't force you to do something, it violates your civil rights."

Either they're grasping at straws or they aren't even trying to make sense anymore.

It sounds a bit "bass ackwards" for sure!

top topics

join