It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why do they still fear Covid-19 so much?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 19 2021 @ 04:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: ChaoticOrder on Mar, 18 2020

The hysteria clearly isn't proportional to the symptoms we have seen, meaning we aren't being told something about the virus.

The science community and mainstream media has mocked the lab leak theory since day one, now I'm starting to see a lot of updates and edits to old articles which called it a dangerous conspiracy theory. We've seen attitudes change in the last few months, and I think the real turning point was when Jon Stewart gave the theory credence on the Colbert Report.

It snapped many liberals awake just long enough to realize they were allowing their political bias to override critical thinking. It also gave them the courage to speak their mind without fearing the mob backlash. This is why I still have a great deal of respect for Jon Stewart even though I might not agree with all of his political opinions.

For a long time I assumed the main reason for the fear-mongering was to destroy the Trump economy combined with the fact they knew it was leaked from a lab. The thing is, Biden was successfully installed, we now have vaccines, we now have effective treatments, we understand the best ways to manage it, and all the statistics indicate the latest strains of Covid-19 are less deadly.

So why is there still so much fear and overreaction from our governments? We actually seem to be heading into even worse lock-downs in many places around the world and there seems to be no end in sight. Well after doing a bit of research and reflecting on my own experiences I'm beginning to think the real reason for the fear goes much deeper... but we'll get to that in a moment.

First, lets just take a moment to appreciate these fantastic articles from early 2020:

The conspiracy theories about the origins of the coronavirus, debunked
The COVID-19 coronavirus epidemic has a natural origin, scientists say
Scientists ‘strongly condemn’ rumors and conspiracy theories about origin of coronavirus outbreak

That's just a few out of the many hundreds that were plastered all over the internet. Whether they knew it or not, they were helping the cover up being conducted by China. At the time only a few high profile people were willing to go against the grain, including Iran’s former President, a Nobel Laureate who discovered HIV, and a bioweapons expert.

Coronavirus shock claim: ‘Smoking gun of Chinese lab leak’ exposed by bioweapons expert
Moderately Strong Confirmation of a Laboratory Origin of 2019-nCoV
Why Nobel Laureate Luc Montagnier’s Arguments for COVID Lab-Leak Don’t Hold Up

As you can see the establishment didn't take too kindly to these men sharing their well founded opinion. Earlier this year the ex-CDC director even went on CNN and said he thinks Covid-19 most likely leaked from the Wuhan lab, and as a result he received death threats. Gee whiz, I wonder why people have a diminishing trust in "experts" and "authoritative" sources.

Fast forward a year, and the dam of suppression is starting to break, giving way to a torrent of truth:

Covid DID leak from a Wuhan lab and WHO is ‘too compromised’ to conduct investigation, ex-CDC director says
Ex-CDC Chief Says He Was 'Threatened' for Believing COVID Lab Leak Theory
Scientist Says Some Colleagues Were Hesitant to Legitimize Lab-Leak Theory Out of Fear They Would Be ‘Associated with Trump’
Lab Leak Theory Gathers More Attention; New Study Claims 'No Credible Natural Ancestor' To Covid
Prominent scientists call for more investigation into origins of coronavirus
GOP investigation reportedly ‘proves’ COVID leaked from Wuhan lab

Now that I've got that out of my system, I'll get to the point. I've written several threads about how I think we've exaggerated the symptoms of Covid-19 and the multiple methods which lead to misleading death counts, and for the most part I stand by what I wrote on those threads. I still don't fear Covid enough to get a vaccine and I also don't think a vaccine would prevent the worst damage.
edit on 19/8/2021 by ChaoticOrder because: (no reason given)

link   
This gets to why they are still so scared of Covid-19 even though they have a vaccine which stops you from feeling the full impact of Covid-19. I think the vaccine does help prevent Covid-19 symptoms, I'm not one of these people who think the vaccine is a way to kill a fraction of the population because it doesn't make sense to kill the most obedient people.

However, there's always been one aspect of Covid-19 which troubled me, and that was how Covid-19 could cause a total loss of taste and smell. I brushed it off for the most part until I saw someone experience it recently. Admittedly, there was probably some political bias involved in my dismissive attitude, but knowing helps us avoid it in the future.

It seems to me there is something very strange about a virus which can cause a loss of taste and smell. I started thinking about how it could even be possible, perhaps it does something to our brain? That made me remember a story I saw on ATS a few months ago about how Covid-19 can cause a "loss of brain tissue" so I found those threads in my browser history.

At the time, I also dismissed those stories as more absurd fear-mongering, and the sentiment from most other people in the thread was the same as mine. It just seemed like such an absurd claim to make I didn't even bother reading the articles. It turns out they have many brain scans to show Covid-19 can destroy parts of the brain related to taste and smell.

COVID-19 may cause loss of brain tissue
Brain damage of patients with Covid-19

This is what I mean when I ask if the vaccine would prevent the worst damage, because I highly doubt it will. The medicalxpress article says this is why Covid-19 patients "often experience neurological problems including headaches, delirium, cognitive dysfunction, dizziness, fatigue, and loss of the sense of smell", and I have to admit it makes a lot of sense.

Let me be clear, I'm not saying "Covid-19 is actually super scary after all", I actually believe I've already had Covid-19 and experienced some of the worst symptoms. I first noticed something was wrong right after the new year in 2020. I don't remember having any flu-like illness but the flu barely affects me so I was probably asymptomatic in that regard.

My lung capacity seemed unusually low and I had some minor chest pain, but we had recently experienced the massive fires in Australia and I smoke a bit so I assumed it was probably all the smoke. The more unusual thing however was my feeling of "brain fog" and occasional dizziness. It was almost like I had a minor concussion, something in my brain didn't feel right.

At first I didn't think much of it, assuming it would go away after a day or two, but it lasted for many months. Only in the last few months does it feel like I've properly recovered most of my clarity and focus, along with most of my lung capacity. The good news is the damage doesn't seem to be permanent, especially if you exercise your body and mind.

I code a lot so it's pretty obvious to me when my brain isn't functioning properly, but now it's functioning properly and I'm still increasing my skills and knowledge. It's certainly possible I never had Covid-19, but looking back on my symptoms it seems very likely. These long-term symptoms also explain why there is still so much fear.

Combined with the fact this is a bio-engineered virus, and I can start to understand why our governments have reacted the way they have. The thing is, people in high positions have clearly known the truth since the very start. If they just told us the truth instead of covering it up, a lot of anger and mistrust could have been avoided.

As I was doing research for this thread I stumbled across a study from January of 2020 which contains shocking evidence strongly indicating Covid-19 wasn't formed naturally. Interestingly, the paper was withdrawn after being attacked by other scientists, and the authors said they would post a revised version but they never did from what I can see.

I'm no expert in virology, but I can tell when a paper is well written by people who are skilled in their field. The paper is fairly short and to the point, like most great papers. They stay neutral and refrain from directly suggesting that Covid-19 leaked from a lab, it's actually kind of genius how subtle they were about it. Nevertheless, the findings speak for themselves.

link   

In careful examination of the sequence alignment we found that the 2019- nCoV spike glycoprotein contains 4 insertions [Fig.2]. To further investigate if these inserts are present in any other corona virus, we performed a multiple sequence alignment of the spike glycoprotein amino acid sequences of all available coronaviruses (n=55) [refer Table S.File1] in NCBI refseq (ncbi.nlm.nih.gov) this includes one sequence of 2019-nCoV[Fig.S1]. We found that these 4 insertions [inserts 1, 2, 3 and 4] are unique to 2019-nCoV and are not present in other coronaviruses analyzed.
We then analyzed all available full-length sequences (n=28) of 2019-nCoV in GISAID (Elbe & Buckland-Merrett, 2017) as on January 27, 2020 for the presence of these inserts. As most of these sequences are not annotated, we compared the nucleotide sequences of the spike glycoprotein of all available 2019-nCoV sequences using BLASTp. Interestingly, all the 4 insertions were absolutely (100%) conserved in all the available 2019- nCoV sequences analyzed [Fig.S2, Fig.S3].

We then translated the aligned genome and found that these inserts are present in all Wuhan 2019-nCoV viruses except the 2019-nCoV virus of Bat as a host [Fig.S4]. Intrigued by the 4 highly conserved inserts unique to 2019-nCoV we wanted to understand their origin. For this purpose, we used the 2019-nCoV local alignment with each insert as query against all virus genomes and considered hits with 100% sequence coverage. Surprisingly, each of the four inserts aligned with short segments of the Human immunodeficiency Virus-1 (HIV-1) proteins.
Although, the 4 inserts represent discontiguous short stretches of amino acids in spike glycoprotein of 2019-nCoV, the fact that all three of them share amino acid identity or similarity with HIV-1 gp120 and HIV-1 Gag (among all annotated virus proteins) suggests that this is not a random fortuitous finding. In other words, one may sporadically expect a fortuitous match for a stretch of 6-12 contiguous amino acid residues in an unrelated protein. However, it is unlikely that all 4 inserts in the 2019-nCoV spike glycoprotein fortuitously match with 2 key structural proteins of an unrelated virus (HIV-1).
To our surprise, these sequence insertions were not only absent in S protein of SARS but were also not observed in any other member of the Coronaviridae family (Supplementary figure). This is startling as it is quite unlikely for a virus to have acquired such unique insertions naturally in a short duration of time.
The genome sequence from the recent 28 clinical isolates showed that the sequence coding for these insertions are conserved amongst all these isolates. This indicates that these insertions have been preferably acquired by the 2019-nCoV, providing it with additional survival and infectivity advantage. Delving deeper we found that these insertions were similar to HIV-1. Our results highlight an astonishing relation between the gp120 and Gag protein of HIV, with 2019-nCoV spike glycoprotein. These proteins are critical for the viruses to identify and latch on to their host cells and for viral assembly (Beniac et al., 2006).
Taken together, our findings suggest unconventional evolution of 2019-nCoV that warrants further investigation. Our work highlights novel evolutionary aspects of the 2019-nCoV and has implications on the pathogenesis and diagnosis of this virus.

You guys remember early on when there was talk about people using HIV medicine to treat Covid-19? They even ran a clinical trial, but the chatter died down once the trials seemed to show there was no obvious benefit from HIV medicine. Some doctors disagreed, saying the study was poorly conducted because most participants were treated long after contracting Covid-19.

The evidence doesn't seem to suggest Covid-19 is an air-borne form of HIV, from what I can gather by reading this paper the 4 insertions are related to how Covid-19 interacts with human cells and how it propagates. The fact the insertions were 100% conserved in all the samples analyzed shows they have some sort of function which is important in both Covid-19 and HIV.

The Wuhan Institute of Virology did combine bat Coronaviruses with SARS and they added gain of function which allowed the hybrid virus to infect human cells. All of this is documented on the institutes Wikipedia page. What's not documented is they also experimented with hybrid HIV viruses. All of this was done with the intention of creating vaccines.

For many years, researchers who worked with bat Coronaviruses at the Wuhan Institute of Virology, such as Dr. Peng Zhou, openly talked about how they were trying to understand bat immune systems. They were trying to understand why bats don’t appear to get sick despite carrying a high number of deadly viruses. The theory is that bats dampen certain immune pathways to prevent heightened immune reactions.

A lot of the time what actually kills a person isn't the virus, it's their own immune system over-reacting. Bats have somehow evolved a mechanism to live in balance with many viruses by dampening immune responses. Zhou believes this is the key to understanding and creating effective vaccines. HIV is primarily a virus which destroys the immune system until it doesn't work at all.

It's not a big leap of logic to assume they were experimenting with HIV for it's ability to manipulate the human immune system, and that's why we find pieces of it spliced into Covid-19. It's some kind of Frankenstein virus created in an effort to prevent future pandemics, and that's really why they didn't want to tell us the truth, it's embarrassing and undermines their authority.

It's also worth pointing out that HIV starts with flu-like symptoms then there's a long asymptomatic period before it gets bad. This might explain why they are trying to eradicate it despite the futility, but that theory seems unlikely. Once again, my goal is not to create more fear, but we need to get to the truth one way or another if we want to get out of this.

posted on Aug, 19 2021 @ 05:31 PM
link   
a reply to: ChaoticOrder

Why do they still fear Covid-19 so much?

Because people have been conditioned to be fearful. That will not just naturally drift away. The fearful will need to be conditioned to be unfearful. And while the propaganda rolls on, expect the fearfulness to continue.

The big risk we have rapidly approaching is the segregation of people who choose not to partake in the experiment. The fearfulness that you mention will, for a time, be diminished because if you're vaccinated you'll get some freedoms that others cannot get, happy days, and they'll be told it's happy days.

In due course though, people who have been injected will start falling ill, and some of them will die. This of course will not be blamed on the vaccination, it will be blamed on the others. That fearfulness will, in short time, be turned back on by the media, and then ........ bad times.

By the way, the symptoms you describe are more or less the same as I had back in late Jan/Feb last year.

Also, did you come across any of the stuff that the CSIRO we're doing in Wuhan when you were researching?

edit on 19 8 2021 by myselfaswell because: fun Friday editing day.

posted on Aug, 19 2021 @ 05:32 PM
link   

Thanks Chaotic! A lot of work went into your post! Very neutral and quite reasonable.

I remember six Indian doctors (virologists no less) who were the first to report that COVID was a chimera, created in the lab, and that they’d isolated HIV segments in COVIDs genomes. Is that where you drew some of this info? In any case, they published their report which set off a fire storm. They claim they were forced to retract it by the Indian Ministry of Health because it wasn’t “peer reviewed” [which takes years sometimes], but really…it was political pressure that did them in.

posted on Aug, 19 2021 @ 05:56 PM
link   
a reply to: myselfaswell

Unfortunately your assessment of the future may be correct if the vaccines fail to give people peace of mind or freedom. The thing that also kind of concerns me is if these vaccines work by exposing our cells to genetic material from Covid-19, I really hope it doesn't cause any of these effects which are harder to detect even though they are much worse than the flu-like symptoms. I know they probably made sure it didn't contain any of that nasty stuff, but I've heard two stories now from close friends and family about their strong reaction to the vaccine, and I still don't personally know anyone who had serious symptoms from the real version of Covid-19.

posted on Aug, 19 2021 @ 06:06 PM
link   
a reply to: Thoughtcrime

I remember reading something about that. I also recall I group of Chinese scientists who did a similar study and were forced to quickly retract it. I think the information is in one of the many links I used in the OP haha. Some of the most damning information is in the recent GOP report. Russell Brand recently did a great video on it. He's another guy I don't always agree with politically, but he at least thinks for himself and can apply some critical thought when it really matters, so I respect him for that.

posted on Aug, 19 2021 @ 06:09 PM
link   

Fear is a powerful tool to oppress the population and made them do what you want, specially if the media has been manipulated to give specific instructions in the name of news.

As of today the jabs are no what was offered, now you will need boosters on top of the jabs you go in order to fight the virus, soo the covid jabs are becoming useless just like the boosters that will be pushed next month.

Just scare again people with the new variant and they will run to roll their sleeves to get as many jabs as they become available, soo pharma experiment of how much the crap they have in the jabs can the human body take, before braking down, as long as they are told is a new covid, people will never realize they are nothing but experimental subjects.

posted on Aug, 19 2021 @ 06:26 PM
link   

My Theory: They are scared because it is a designed biological vector which will cause cumulative damage. The Idiocracy Virus for real.

How does COVID-19 affect the brain? A troubling picture emerges.

www.nationalgeographic.com...

Davis’s first sign of infection wasn’t a dry cough or fever. Her first symptom was that she couldn’t read a text message from a friend. She thought she was just tired, but the fuzziness she felt didn’t go away after a full night’s sleep.

More neurological issues followed. She developed sudden and severe headaches. Her attention span suffered. She couldn’t watch TV or play video games. She had trouble concentrating on everyday tasks like cooking. She’d leave a pot on the stove and forget about it until she smelled food burning. She failed to look both ways while crossing the street, narrowly missing traffic. She’d never had any of these issues before COVID-19.

Davis is among a large portion of COVID-19 patients—possibly as high as 30 percent, according an estimate from the National Institutes of Health—who suffer some type of neurological or psychiatric symptoms. Even more troubling is that for many of these individuals, like Davis, these cognitive issues can linger for weeks or months after the initial infection.

These individuals had more trouble with reasoning, problem solving, and spatial planning on the test compared to people of their same age group and educational backgrounds who hadn’t been hospitalized with COVID-19. The difference was similar to the average cognitive decline seen over 10 years of aging. The findings were published in The Lancet on July 22.

edit on 19-8-2021 by infolurker because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 20 2021 @ 03:43 AM
link   
a reply to: infolurker

Yes it's becoming clearer that these more insidious symptoms are what they really fear. I did seem to have a harder time remembering things but it wasn't very noticeable, and I've never had the greatest memory anyway. However we need to be very careful that we don't just lump in Covid-19 with all cognitive issues like we often do with the flu-like symptoms. It sounds like the girl in that report may have had more issues than just Covid-19 or maybe she was one of the more serious cases of brain damage.

It's understandable why they would be so afraid of Covid-19, but I think the most important thing we need to realize is that most of us have already had it and didn't even realize. The loss of taste and smell seems to be a relatively rare symptom, so I would guess Covid-19 does minimal damage to the brain in the majority of cases. It's very easy to overlook those more subtle symptoms like I did. I'm just hoping that now I have some sort permanent natural immunity because I doubt the vaccine will protect me.

posted on Aug, 20 2021 @ 10:38 AM
link   
This is my second day with the rona and I lost my sense of taste and smell the first day. Chill, fever.. Today my skin feels sore, but other than that I don't feel too terrible.

I do worry if it will get worse in the coming days, and if it will do perma damage to anything. As far as the loss of taste and smell, I would get that problem with the seasonal flu if i caught it.
edit on 8/20/2021 by eXia7 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 20 2021 @ 11:18 AM
link   
a reply to: eXia7

As far as the loss of taste and smell, I would get that problem with the seasonal flu if i caught it.

That's probably just mostly due to blocked sinuses, Covid-19 can completely remove your ability to smell or taste anything. In the worst cases people can't even tell the difference between water and lemon juice. From what I've seen the sense of smell and taste does come back after a few weeks or months, even the brain has ways of healing its self.
edit on 20/8/2021 by ChaoticOrder because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 20 2021 @ 11:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: ChaoticOrder

As far as the loss of taste and smell, I would get that problem with the seasonal flu if i caught it.

That's probably just mostly due to blocked sinuses, Covid-19 can completely remove your ability to smell or taste anything. In the worst cases people can't even tell the difference between water and lemon juice. From what I've seen the sense of smell and taste does come back after a few weeks or months, even the brain has ways of healing its self.

It's not a complete loss of smell and taste, I can still vaguely taste and smell, and my sinuses are clearer than ever.

posted on Aug, 20 2021 @ 11:41 AM
link   
a reply to: myselfaswell

This is exactly what is going to happen 100% and it will suck to be us. Damn twilight zone we are in now, disappointed in my fellow man for being so easily swindled. Fear works I guess.

posted on Aug, 20 2021 @ 11:52 AM
link   

The flu will often cause blocked sinuses but Covid-19 diminishes your sense of taste by damaging the parts of the brain which process taste and smell. I was just listening to a talk about how the spike protein in Covid can apparently pass through the blood brain barrier, and the spike protein created by the vaccine does the same thing. The more I research, the more it seems like they really failed to remove many of the dangerous symptoms from the spike protein when they used it in the vaccine. At this point it would be naive of me to underestimate their ability to screw up even when they are trying to do what they think is right.

posted on Aug, 20 2021 @ 12:11 PM
link   
Just so we are clear:

Covid is not a virus. It is the disease. SARS-CoV-2 is the virus.

I dont believe this is merely semantics, even within the construct of the official Narrative that they are inextricably linked.

I do believe covid is a concern. I do not believe the coronavirus is much of a concern, outside of the relatively natural sequence of events of a novel virus becoming endemic in a population that has rampant and extensively compromised immune systems.

First, we must also examine things outside of Critical Corona Theory. When something is presented as somehow unique to this situation, it is important to also look into whether this exists previously with other viruses, pathogens, etc. This goes for everything from asymptomatic spread to interference with senses to the development of auto-immune diseases/disorders after viral infection.

My current operating hypothesis is that "covid" is a catch-all diagnosis for an ever-growing presence of auto-immune dysfunction in the general population. Given that broadness, it can manifest in quite a few ways (as anything involving general immune dysfunction will) and can be precipitated by a pretty diverse set of factors. This would also mean that while a viral infection could lead to the development of disease, so could many other things. It would also mean that even if SARS-CoV-2 is novel.. many of the auto-immune disorders that get lumped in as "covid" have been present for quite some time and growing in prevalance. However, due to the near ubiquitousness of coronaviruses and foundationally flawed tests, it has been assumed that the two aspects of virus vs disease are so solely connected that they are interchangeable.

In that, approaches like vaccines wont really do much, and could even be damaging if they introduce the possibility of immune dysfunction/dependence themselves. Any approach that compromises immune systems in the general population will slowly make it worse over time, through anything from stress to lack of sunlight and exercise. It also means that covid itself doesnt really "spread," outside of a somewhat tangential derivative of general viral spread.
edit on 20-8-2021 by Serdgiam because: Squirrel chaos

posted on Aug, 20 2021 @ 01:07 PM
link   
a reply to: Serdgiam

I agree we need to be careful about lumping other illnesses in with Covid-19, but it seems to me Covid-19 is strongly linked to immune issues... the more I research the more it's becoming obvious that scientists have known about these immune system issues related to Covid-19 for a long time, just like they've known about the brain issues. We rarely hear about those things despite the fact they would be very effective tools for fearmongering, and that's a big clue about what aspects of Covid-19 they don't want us focusing on.

I just came across an extremely interesting letter from a couple of months ago which was written by the Director of the Evidence-based Medicine Consultancy. There seems to be clear evidence suggesting the vaccine can cause immune issues similar to Covid-19, and they are now pushing it onto children. After experiencing all the strange things Covid-19 did to my body and now seeing all this evidence that the spike protein from the vaccine causes similar problems, I can't dismiss all the vaccine horror stories and it greatly concerns me.

The Covid-19 vaccines were rolled out in the UK on the 8th of December 2020. As of the 6th May 2021 nearly 39 million people have received their first dose of the Covid-19 vaccine, and 24 million both doses. Sufficient data have now accumulated to get a good overview of adverse drug reactions (ADRs). I would, therefore, like to draw your attention to the high number of covid-19 vaccine-attributed deaths and ADRs that have been reported via the Yellow Card system between the 4th January 2021 and the 26th May 2021. In total, 1,253 deaths and 888,196 ADRs (256,224 individual reports) were reported during this period.

To facilitate a better clinical understanding of the nature of the adverse events occurring, primarily to inform doctors at the frontline, we have searched the Yellow Card reports using pathology-specific key words to group the data according to the following five broad, clinically relevant categories:

A. Bleeding, Clotting and Ischaemic ADRs
B. Immune System ADRs
C. ‘Pain’ ADRs
D. Neurological ADRs
E. ADRs involving loss of Sight, Hearing, Speech or Smell
F. Pregnancy ADRs
The MHRA now has more than enough evidence on the Yellow Card system to declare the COVID-19 vaccines unsafe for use in humans. Preparation should be made to scale up humanitarian efforts to assist those harmed by the COVID-19 vaccines and to anticipate and ameliorate medium to longer term effects. As the mechanism for harms from the vaccines appears to be similar to COVID-19 itself, this includes engaging with numerous international doctors and scientists with expertise in successfully treating COVID-19.

Urgent preliminary report of Yellow Card data up to 26th May 2021

posted on Aug, 20 2021 @ 01:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: ChaoticOrder
a reply to: Serdgiam

it seems to me Covid-19 is strongly linked to immune issues...

I think this is abundantly clear at this point, and has been from get-go. We have basically lumped the entirety of medicine into a single virus, SARS-CoV-2, and a single disease, covid.

Covid concerns me a good deal in a lot of ways, particularly because every measure we are taking is likely to make immune dysfunction worse in the population. Thats not even bringing vaccines into the conversation. Nor is it including the environmental factors that would predate SARS-CoV-2 by decades.

Everything else we do is focused on a virus, from (flawed) PCR tests to antibodies to contact tracing. Some of this can be important and relevant, particularly because there is plenty of overlap between immune dysfunction and viral infection. However, it is unlikely to address anything outside of one single virus.. much less beyond that.

Even the mere possibility of any of this should create a pause for consideration, but the emergence of a non-theistic corporate-political religion has created a major obstacle.

top topics

join