It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Nuclear Energy is not the answer to the social issue of our energy crisis.

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 19 2021 @ 01:57 PM
link   
This probably seems like some kind of change my mind meme thread at first but I am not changing anything about this and I will tell you why.

Honestly, you just can't supply the world with it as it currently is at least. Knowing about real safety measures and such is great but implementing it on a constant global scale is another thing entirely. If the sector were ever to collapse? God, look what just a little heat is doing to the planet.

That, is just on the surface....

Raw materials required are very finite in the sense that they can be depleted and highly controlled in favor of one regime. They were warned about Coal, these same entities, in the beginning too but monopolized that for control anyways because of the economy and so on amongst all the constructs they have to work with. They don't want great technology in your favor, that is not in your interest, that is their club to beat you over the head with. That is why we are not already on better solutions.

We bleeding, we bleeding everywhere, we dying.... Putting Uranium on is just a poor choice for a band-aid. I don't know why or how anybody who earns a paycheque ISN'T interested in renewables instead and outraged at these rich # bags.
edit on 19-8-2021 by themightymerlin because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 19 2021 @ 01:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: themightymerlin
That is why we are not already on better solutions.

What are these 'better solutions'?

posted on Aug, 19 2021 @ 01:58 PM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

Have you ever heard of the internet?

www.epa.gov...
edit on 19-8-2021 by themightymerlin because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 19 2021 @ 01:59 PM
link   
a reply to: themightymerlin

I'm asking you, that's how this works.

posted on Aug, 19 2021 @ 02:01 PM
link   

I cannot believe I am saying this, but for once I am with AugustusMasonicus... how would you provide energy for the planet?

TheRedneck

posted on Aug, 19 2021 @ 02:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheRedneck
I cannot believe I am saying this, but for once I am with AugustusMasonicus...

LOL. Watch, I'll do it again, TheRedneck is an awesome dude...

posted on Aug, 19 2021 @ 02:07 PM
link   

Have fun?

posted on Aug, 19 2021 @ 02:08 PM
link   

We need more nuclear energy and less solar/wind.

posted on Aug, 19 2021 @ 02:09 PM
link   
a reply to: Bluntone22

I know since it is only thing these clowns understand.

posted on Aug, 19 2021 @ 02:09 PM
link   

Dammit, stop that!

TheRedneck

posted on Aug, 19 2021 @ 02:10 PM
link   

Enjoy your thread.

posted on Aug, 19 2021 @ 02:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: themightymerlin

I know since it is only thing these clowns understand.

Clowns.....

You hit name calling on the first page.

Seriously though... Nuclear is the best way to go.

posted on Aug, 19 2021 @ 02:11 PM
link   

Thank you.

link   
Jesus. redneck and Augustus acting like it's date night. All we need is for DB to show up and join in the shmoozefest and Clownworld will be complete, lil

link   

We might understand better is you would answer the question: what energy source would you use to power the planet?

Please use small words. I'm just a degreed Electrical Engineer.

TheRedneck

posted on Aug, 19 2021 @ 02:12 PM
link   
a reply to: Moon68

Don't get used to it.

TheRedneck

posted on Aug, 19 2021 @ 02:12 PM
link   

Why? I apologize I realize it isn't your decision, you're just misled, probably by the capacity of it. I didn't mean you I meant the ones who can actually do this AND renewables as well but they want money.

posted on Aug, 19 2021 @ 02:13 PM
link   
a reply to: TheRedneck

Which one pisses you off the most?

posted on Aug, 19 2021 @ 02:14 PM
link   

Look there is a monopoly on world energy that is still held by petroleum and coal.

Some forward thinking folks like those that built the Hoover dam over in the States back in the day realized that they would produce energy without the need to buy fuel though the power plant was more expensive to construct it did however also serve as a source of water once they damned the river (currently at a very low point?).

But generally cheap green energy gets pushed under the carpet unless there is a way of wangling LOTS of money out of government and the energy consumers.

Hence the use of Smart Meters for something that should be far cheaper than it is actually sold to the public for, it is not about saving the environment no matter how much they may brainwash people into thinking it is but rather about being able to charge even more for the energy people use, less demand will cause higher prices remember that so people cutting there use will necessitate price rises so that the energy company's can still rake in there profits in other words the smart meters are a SCAM simple as that.

So Green Energy that WE SHOULD BE USING especially over here in the UK but are not because of OIL and COAL and Nuclear (the ONLY reason we have nuclear reactors as power plants is because they needed to produce fuel for nuclear bombs and the power stations are just a spin off of that with claims that Thorium Research was sabotaged because it was not suitable for that goal even though in theory it would have been far cleaner and less dangerous).

And yes this is a left site but it basically explains how the project was shelved and hidden away from the public in what is a scandalous act of fraud against the British public and economy.
www.greenleft.org.au...

Note how those NUCLEAR supporters were keep to push wind power (eyesore, bird killing unreliable Wind Power), even calm seas still have tides and when the duck was becalmed tide power could have produced plenty of energy to supplement it and also back to that Duck why not just plonk wind turbined on top of the Duck anchors as well.

Why, Money and not the cost of implementation that was NEVER the real hurdle but the profit margin and justifying the high price of energy when it can be had for next to nothing.

posted on Aug, 19 2021 @ 02:16 PM
link   
Perhaps OP, you could begin by explaining your proposal for how a single entity or organization could power the world?

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join