It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

It's time we talked about Listerine & Covid-19

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 19 2021 @ 03:35 PM
link   
a reply to: shasta9600

I know this is off topic (in my own thread no less) but you reminded me of reading about a centenarian from India who credited health at 110 years old to drinking his first morning's urine. Like, EWWW.... just yuck!

posted on Aug, 19 2021 @ 03:58 PM
link   
a reply to: 1947boomer

I'm sorry the link didn't work. Here it is, to copy/paste:

www.news-medical.net...

Edit: Interesting, it created a link when I pasted it. Link works tho!!

edit on 8/19/2021 by new_here because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 19 2021 @ 06:23 PM
link   
a reply to: shasta9600

What about urine therapy? Is that legit?

I have no idea. I also really don't care to have any idea. Sorry.

Urine makes good fertilizer, though.

TheRedneck

posted on Aug, 19 2021 @ 06:32 PM
link   
a reply to: new_here

Thanks for the information, I understood well Listerine is a mouth wash, but can be used to the hair to kill lice, darn my mother got lice when she was 9 years old, the cure was to soak the head with kerosene and stay away from the flames,

gold old days before modern methods. But my mom swear she never go head lice again.

Any way I got Chlorhexidine when I had my wisdom teeth taken, is some nasty stuff.

But I can do with Listerine, just need to find it.

posted on Aug, 19 2021 @ 07:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: new_here

www.news-medical.net...

Thanks. That is the same article I referenced.

The point remains; any of those antiseptic solutions disable Covid viruses on surfaces, including on human tissue. They don’t do anything about viruses that are already in your cells multiplying. The main active ingredient in Listerine is Ethanol. All of those essential oils (Thymol, Eucalyptol, Menthol) are put there in tiny quantities (much, much less than 1%) to make it taste like medicine (in other words, really bad) so that alcoholics are deterred from trying to get drunk on it. Otherwise, they would have to pay liquor tax on it and and make it a prescription-only product and couldn’t sell it over the counter.

I would like to see the experiment re-run using Jack Daniels instead of Listerine. I bet it would kill viruses faster. (“Liquor is quicker”).

posted on Aug, 19 2021 @ 07:22 PM
link   
a reply to: marg6043

Walmart has it... in generic, even! That's what I use.

TheRedneck

posted on Aug, 19 2021 @ 07:35 PM
link   

Does your toothpaste contain alcohol?

Toothpaste and mouthwash inactivate 99.9% of the virus that causes COVID-19

The active ingredient in this study was cetylpyridinium chloride... not alcohol.

TheRedneck

posted on Aug, 19 2021 @ 10:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: marg6043
a reply to: new_here

Thanks for the information, I understood well Listerine is a mouth wash, but can be used to the hair to kill lice, darn my mother got lice when she was 9 years old, the cure was to soak the head with kerosene and stay away from the flames,

gold old days before modern methods. But my mom swear she never go head lice again.

Any way I got Chlorhexidine when I had my wisdom teeth taken, is some nasty stuff.

But I can do with Listerine, just need to find it.

Interesting... Chlorhexidine is the OTHER mouthwash mentioned in the study.
Listerine should be easy to find... sold in any drug store, grocery store, etc.

posted on Aug, 19 2021 @ 10:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: 1947boomer

originally posted by: new_here

www.news-medical.net...

Thanks. That is the same article I referenced.

The point remains; any of those antiseptic solutions disable Covid viruses on surfaces, including on human tissue. They don’t do anything about viruses that are already in your cells multiplying. The main active ingredient in Listerine is Ethanol. All of those essential oils (Thymol, Eucalyptol, Menthol) are put there in tiny quantities (much, much less than 1%) to make it taste like medicine (in other words, really bad) so that alcoholics are deterred from trying to get drunk on it. Otherwise, they would have to pay liquor tax on it and and make it a prescription-only product and couldn’t sell it over the counter.

I would like to see the experiment re-run using Jack Daniels instead of Listerine. I bet it would kill viruses faster. (“Liquor is quicker”).

I remain unconvinced that what you say is correct, but I respect that you are convinced.
The fact that this is a school of Dentistry conducting this study, in hopes of protecting dentists who have their faces right near peoples' mouths/noses all day, and that they find the results promising and worthy of further investigation... keeps me on team Listerine. But you do you, my friend!

posted on Aug, 19 2021 @ 10:34 PM
link   
Time to buy some Listerine! Thanks for sharing. The possibility of everyday medicine that can cure, beat, and protect against Covid is unbelievable and hopeful.

posted on Aug, 19 2021 @ 11:15 PM
link   
It will be funny in 100 years from now when our kids, kids, kids learn about this in school.

"The antivax crowd had the most amazing dental hygiene. We aren't sure why."

This is probably propaganda from big mouthwash.

/s off

posted on Aug, 20 2021 @ 03:18 AM
link   
a reply to: PapagiorgioCZ

originally posted by: PapagiorgioCZ
a reply to: angelchemuel
I dont like the sensation of ingested Eucalyptus either but if they were so unsafe that a drop could kill you they sure wouldnt be in ... lets say mouthwashes in such amounts. It's an urban legend made by aromatherapists

In such amounts?
How much essential oil is in the mouthwash in question?

Distributions in case of Listerine Antiseptic Mouthwash, Original-05/22/2008 for essential oils are: menthol (mint) 0.042%, thymol (thyme) 0.064%, methyl salicylate (wintergreen) 0.06%, and eucalyptol (eucalyptus) 0.092%.[22]

Listerine - Wikipedia
en.m.wikipedia.org...#
And mouthwash is not supposed to be ingested......
edit on 20-8-2021 by Itisnowagain because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 20 2021 @ 04:06 AM
link   
Sounds to me then that regular use of Listerine or a chlorhexidine mouthwash could well help reduce your risk of transmitting the virus to others? Given the main source of transmission is droplets and aerosols breathed out whilst talking (or coughing etc). So another potential weapon in the arsenal

I use a chlorhexidine mouthwash.

posted on Aug, 20 2021 @ 09:35 AM
link   
a reply to: AndyMayhew

I use a chlorhexidine mouthwash.

I hear it tastes nasty, like Listerine, lol.
Have you avoided catching covid, just curious.

posted on Aug, 23 2021 @ 12:40 AM
link   
a reply to: TheRedneck

Hint... water is good for you. Do not immerse yourself completely in water for extended periods... you will drown. That's a bad thing. Regardless of what someone on the Internet tells you.

My father once told me that we need water to live, but you can drown in two inches of it! He also quoted the anecdote, "She was right, dead right, as she sped along the highway, but now she's just as dead as if she'd been wrong."
He also like to quote the Wit and Humor of Oscar Wilde, and the poems of Robbie Burns.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join