It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Fatspiracy

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 19 2021 @ 11:07 PM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

I used to waste money buying boxed macaroni and cheese.
I finally started making my own a few years back and I won't
buy anymore boxed stuff.
Packaged cookies,I used to buy them because it was quicker.
I also found I would sit and eat too many at a time.When I
went back to baking my own I wasn't eating as many at a time.
My cookies were more filling and I also use more natural
ingredients when baking.
We need to get off our lazy behinds and get back to cooking
and baking real food.

posted on Aug, 20 2021 @ 09:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko
a reply to: tanstaafl

The easiest way to intermittent fast is to plan most of the fast while you sleep.

The fact that your sleep is automatically a part of your fasting window is definitely helpful, no doubt.

Best results require at least 15 hours of fasting though, which means you actually have to engage in some self-discipline to make it work.

posted on Aug, 20 2021 @ 09:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: CptGreenTea
It really depends on what carbs you eat.

The dietary requirement for carbs is a whopping ZERO. You do not need to eat carbs to be healthy.

That doesn't mean you can't eat carbs and still maintain health though. It just means you don't need them.

And what fats you eat and how much.

With fats it is much more important that they be high quality, and monounsaturated (like olive oil).

Eating nothing but meat and fats cannot be good for a person at risk of heart disease...

This is just part of the big fat lie.

Saturated fat (high quality) is extremely healthy, and is the most beneficial diet for anyone at risk of heart disease.

It is the LOW fat diet that is so extremely damaging to heart health. That, and typical 'cardio' exercise, that is very damaging to your heart muscle and your overall heart/arterial health.

posted on Aug, 22 2021 @ 09:30 AM
link   

Id have to disagree based on personal experience and what the American heart association recommends. Saturated fats can be very nutritious, but it can also be bad for your arteries.

I know there is conflicting studies and data on this and i don't have the research to make a definitive statement.

But when it comes to my body, i notice a negative effect on my heart when i eat food high in saturated fat.

edit on 22-8-2021 by CptGreenTea because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 22 2021 @ 09:34 AM
link   
a reply to: Torlin

Is there any pier reviewed study that actually reccomends a diet high in saturated fat and protein for a person at risk of heart disease?

Sugars are great to cut out but why would you want to cut out all carbs unless trying to lose weight?

How else would you get your veggies. Or even fruits

posted on Aug, 23 2021 @ 08:25 AM
link   
a reply to: CptGreenTea

I think the carbs are only problematic with diabetes type II. I'm not an expert either, and I'm just looking for information further information.

posted on Aug, 23 2021 @ 08:28 AM
link   

Id have to disagree based on personal experience

What personal experience is that?

and what the American heart association recommends.

Rotflmao! the AHA is a government propaganda campaign, nothing more.

Does your personal experience or the blatantly biased and totally unbacked by any science whatsoever word of a government propaganda organization outweigh the actual, real science and results of the largest and most comprehensive Heart study that is still ongoing - the Framingham Study?

This study proves, beyond doubt, that we have been lied to. But by all means, continue to believe their lies if you so choose.

Saturated fats can be very nutritious, but it can also be bad for your arteries.

That is just it - it isn't bad for your arteries. That is the big lie.

I know there is conflicting studies and data on this

No, there really isn't. The so-called 'conflicting' studies showing that high quality saturated fats are bad for you have been proven to be total shams. Lies upon lies, to promote an agenda.

But when it comes to my body, i notice a negative effect on my heart when i eat food high in saturated fat.

In what way? What kinds of fats? Specifics will reveal the error in your personal evaluation.

posted on Aug, 23 2021 @ 08:33 AM
link   

a reply to: Torlin
Is there any pier reviewed study that actually reccomends a diet high in saturated fat and protein for a person at risk of heart disease?

Lots, and lots, and lots. Butou have to be willing to research this for yourself.

The easiest way is to start watching videos from Doctors like Dr. Pradip Jamnadas, Pauls Saladino, Shawn Baker, Ken Berry and others, and then go and actually read the gobs of real, actual science they reference.

Sugars are great to cut out but why would you want to cut out all carbs unless trying to lose weight?

You don't have to cut all carbs. I only said that there is no 'MDR' for carbs. Your body simply does not need them to maintain vital health.

That doesn't mean you can't maintain vital health while eating carbs. It simply means what it says - your don't need them.

How else would you get your veggies. Or even fruits

Your question is based on a false premise.

You don't need veggies or fruits to achieve and/or maintain vital health.

Again, you can achieve and maintain vital health while consuming some, but the reality is, you can also achieve and maintain vital health without them.

Meaning - you do not need them.

posted on Aug, 29 2021 @ 09:24 AM
link   
I think you are being bias. Sure. High quality fats can be healthy but to have a diet that is very high in fat will be detrimental to some people.

And what studies are shams and what studies show that most people will thrive on a high fat diet?

posted on Aug, 29 2021 @ 01:19 PM
link   

I think you are being bias. Sure. High quality fats can be healthy but to have a diet that is very high in fat will be detrimental to some people.

It depends. The devil is in the details, as with everything...

Which fats? From what source(s)?

And what studies are shams and what studies show that most people will thrive on a high fat diet?

Those studies are extremely well done, one of them being the Framingham study, a prime example of what anyone who believes in studies would call the gold standard of the gold standards.

All of the studies showing high fat and/or high cholesterol to be bad are 100% totally bogus, and t his has been proven beyond doubt.

Of course, for some people, proof is only what they decide to believe.

posted on Aug, 30 2021 @ 03:27 PM
link   
a reply to: Terpene

There are 2 kinds of folks who worry about losing weight (not the folks who just want to be healthy):

- idiots who believe that the same system that made them fat to begin with will lead them out of obesity
- people who understand that the body is a chemical reaction plant, and what you eat is converted to something else inside the body. Carbs become fat/cholesterol, etc.

In the end it really is a factor of calorie in vs calorie out. But the low carb approach keep cravings low while providing a benefit to health in general

posted on Aug, 30 2021 @ 03:32 PM
link   
a reply to: bigfatfurrytexan

The latter isn't worried for long...

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join