It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Democrats Declare President Doesn't Have Constitutional Authority to Block Federal Funds

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:
+12 more 
posted on Aug, 18 2021 @ 05:26 PM
link   
So today Biden stated that he would be ordering federal Medicare/Medicaid funds withheld from nursing homes that don't mandate employees get COVID "vaccinations."
www.cnn.com...

Biden said he is directing the Department of Health and Human Services to draw up new regulations making employee vaccination a condition for nursing homes to participate in Medicare and Medicaid. The decision on nursing home staff represents a significant escalation in Biden’s campaign to get Americans vaccinated and the tools he is willing to use, marking the first time he has threatened to withhold federal funds in order to get people vaccinated.

According to Democrats, including Congresswoman Eleanor Holmes Norton of Washington DC, The President's threats to withhold funds would unconstitutionally usurp the spending power, which lies exclusively with Congress.

WASHINGTON, D.C. – Congresswoman Eleanor Holmes Norton (D-DC) released the following statement on President Trump’s memo on withholding federal funding from the District of Columbia.

“The President's memo that threatens to withhold funds from named cities, including the District of Columbia, if acted upon, would unconstitutionally usurp the spending power, which lies exclusively with Congress. The Framers understood that the power of the purse could undercut the functioning of democracy itself and therefore left funding with the people, through the Congress. Note that spending bills almost always originate in the House of Representatives.

“The President may be able to condition funding if Congress has given him the power to do so, and a circuit court recently held he may be able to withhold policing grants from sanctuary cities, though there is a circuit spilt on this matter . But his memo’s wholesale threat to withhold funds from cities is a violation of the Constitution's separation of powers, which gives the spending power exclusively to Congress.

“Trump is not a king. He is one of the actors in our separation of powers government. If Trump withholds funds from the District of Columbia, it will be immediately challenged, and I believe with success.”

norton.house.gov...

OH SNAP! My bad, the above statement was a declaration that President TRUMP would be Constitutionally prohibited from withholding federal funds to advance his policies... well, if Justice is blind and the law applies to all, I have to assume the Democrats who supported this concept where Trump was concerned are also lining up to file charges of usurping the power of the purse against President Biden today, yes? Wouldn't want to bare those hypocritical asses openly just 7 months into a failed presidency now, would you?

posted on Aug, 18 2021 @ 05:28 PM
link   
Democrats Declare President Doesn't Have Constitutional Authority to Block Federal Funds

That's what they impeached Trump for.

Once authorized by congress the president has to spend it.

In D's own words.

+1 more 
posted on Aug, 18 2021 @ 05:33 PM
link   
a reply to: neo96

Yup and last I checked, Medicare/Medicaid is a Congressionally approved part of the budget, meaning this plan by Biden would be considered Unconstitutional by the Democrats. Let's see if they act on that or prove what a bunch of hypocrites they actually are.

posted on Aug, 18 2021 @ 05:36 PM
link   
a reply to: burdman30ott6

Last time I checked.

The vaccine is still snip.

Guess Biden is trying to outdo Cuomo.

posted on Aug, 18 2021 @ 05:36 PM
link   

I sure Kalamari harris will take them and used them for the illegals to get medicaid, the fed always find a way to appropriate funds.

Let the old people die, because no employees to take care of them.

posted on Aug, 18 2021 @ 05:37 PM
link   
Hmmmm...seems like those 81 million are having some buyer's-regret, huh?

How much you wanna' bet those record "81 million" suddenly turn into about 21 million??????

posted on Aug, 18 2021 @ 05:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: marg6043

I sure Kalamari harris will take them and used them for the illegals to get medicaid, the fed always find a way to appropriate funds.

Let the old people die, because no employees to take care of them.

She's already sharpening her knife.

posted on Aug, 18 2021 @ 05:40 PM
link   
a reply to: marg6043

Hey, she ain't got no time fo' dis...she be headed to Vietnam 'n' sheet, coz you know, Vietnam an' stuff, ahaaaiight?

edit on 8/18/2021 by Flyingclaydisk because: (no reason given)

+2 more 
posted on Aug, 18 2021 @ 05:50 PM
link   

"While I’m mindful that my authority at the federal government is limited, I’m going to continue to look for ways to keep people safe and increase vaccination rates,” the President said during a speech at the White House.

OK Joe. Then why are you letting covid infected illegals stream into America?

Seriously, could he be any more full of sh!t?
edit on 18-8-2021 by ColeYounger because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 18 2021 @ 05:55 PM
link   
and you thought the Democrats would never in a million years take away your social security and medicare.

too funny

posted on Aug, 18 2021 @ 06:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: sraven
and you thought the Democrats would never in a million years take away your social security and medicare.

too funny

The same Democrats who pressed charges against entities that called for drug testing of welfare recipients, claiming that such prerequisites were invasions of privacy as well as inhumane will really find their backs against the wall when Buffalo Joe makes his next decree that all federal SNAP, welfare, and unemployment recipients must show proof of "vaccination" to receive their federal payments.

posted on Aug, 18 2021 @ 06:08 PM
link   
"Biden gonna throw granny off the cliff"

posted on Aug, 18 2021 @ 06:10 PM
link   
a reply to: Gothmog

Also, how long before he expands this mandate to "visitors at facilities utilizing Medicare/Medicaid funds?"

posted on Aug, 18 2021 @ 06:17 PM
link   

I don't respond to tyrannical demands.

posted on Aug, 18 2021 @ 06:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: JinMI

I don't respond to tyrannical demands.

This is what happens when an individual requires over 10,000 heavily armed soldiers and razor wire around Capitol Hill for your "democratically elected leader's" inauguration plus multiple weeks afterward. Dictatorships rarely begin with symbols of peace and inclusion.

posted on Aug, 18 2021 @ 06:25 PM
link   

How long before the Democrats will take away medicare from people, or social security or pensions and retirements if they do not take the jab.

It seems he is a bully against the American people but kissing ass to the taliban terrorist and illegal immigrants.

posted on Aug, 18 2021 @ 06:28 PM
link   

Oh dear gawd noooo!!!

posted on Aug, 18 2021 @ 06:29 PM
link   
So do you have to contribute to Medicare and Medicaid if you don’t have the vax? Would hate for them to get dirty and infected money and pass it around...

posted on Aug, 18 2021 @ 06:30 PM
link   
a reply to: Ahabstar

We'll have gotten fired first.

So no we won't be paying for someone elses ss/m

posted on Aug, 18 2021 @ 06:34 PM
link   
Biden got the idea from Cuomo 😃

It's illegal because it's coercive 😃

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>