It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Covid-vaccine scientists begin plague-jab trial

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 18 2021 @ 02:37 PM
link   
is this going to be the next vaccine they offer you? would you take it if offered? and if you didn't take it, you too would be an anti-vaxxer.

www.bbc.co.uk...

posted on Aug, 18 2021 @ 02:50 PM
link   
a reply to: rikgrimsby

Are you an anti-vaxxer?

Its research at the University of Oxford and only phase one of the trials.

Whats wrong with having a vaccine against the plague?

They are doing the same with HIV with a possible vaccine under clinical trials.
edit on 18-8-2021 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 18 2021 @ 02:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: andy06shake

Are you an anti-vaxxer?

A vaccine for a sickness that can be treated with common antibiotics and has had less than six cases/a in the USA over the last six years? Are you out of your mind? Quick, get in line for it!
edit on 18.8.2021 by ThatDamnDuckAgain because: /a

posted on Aug, 18 2021 @ 02:59 PM
link   
a reply to: ThatDamnDuckAgain

Only if given early enough hence the reasoning and need for production of a vaccine.

This is not in the USA its being trialled at the University of Oxford.

I don't think their will ever be much need of need of a plague vaccine in the UK in this day of age, different in other area around the globe all the same.

Be out of our minds not to peruse a vaccine for plague, or any other killer disease where inoculation can prevent infection imho.

posted on Aug, 18 2021 @ 03:02 PM
link   

Are you an anti-vaxxer?

not that you would grasp any of this, you won't, but the joke is, they will make it mandatory, before the trials end. LOL, I'm kidding, what kind of douchebag would do that.

posted on Aug, 18 2021 @ 03:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: ThatDamnDuckAgain

A vaccine for a sickness that can be treated with common antibiotics and has had less than six cases/a in the USA over the last six years? Are you out of your mind? Quick, get in line for it!

You talking about the Plague?

posted on Aug, 18 2021 @ 03:03 PM
link   
Isn't there some link between the plauge and aids?

I seem to remember a story from years ago about certain people being somewhat immune to hiv and them tracing it back to ancestors survival of the plauge?

a reply to: andy06shake

posted on Aug, 18 2021 @ 03:05 PM
link   
a reply to: network dude

Well if its above my head, its probably above your own.

Whatever floats your boat all the same.

posted on Aug, 18 2021 @ 03:08 PM
link   
a reply to: nonspecific

Only thing i can come across is this.

academic.oup.com...

"On the basis of these findings, along with a specific knowledge of the character of the Black Death (whatever disease it was) and its geographical distribution, there is no connection between plague and the HIV-resistant allele."

posted on Aug, 18 2021 @ 03:21 PM
link   

Here is the part of the study that raises a flag:

" the jab uses a weakened version of a common-cold virus - adenovirus - from chimpanzees that has been genetically altered so it cannot cause an infection in people."

Yea, trust science we must. I cant see anything that could possibly go wrong from this.

posted on Aug, 18 2021 @ 03:26 PM
link   

Well if its above my head, its probably above your own.

Whatever floats your boat all the same.

no doubt. if you spell color with a U, you are obviously smarter than anyone here in the US. It must be wonderful being so great.

posted on Aug, 18 2021 @ 03:31 PM
link   

Or I'm not in the US.

But the U.K where "Colour" is indeed spelled with a "u".

Same as the University of Oxford also is not in the US.

And nether are these vaccine trials.

posted on Aug, 18 2021 @ 03:32 PM
link   
Yeah, good idea. Almost 8 billion people on earth need that vaccination now because worldwide there are like 3500 cases in five years with 500 dead. Worldwide.

Tell me what percentage that is. For every person dying from the plaque, 369 more people die from alcohol abuse.
ourworldindata.org...~OWID_WRL

I don't think their will ever be much need of need of a plague vaccine in the UK in this day of age, different in other area around the globe all the same.

You would have to be vaccinated upfront obviously. In the case of a pandemic, all eyes are on the symptoms and treatment with antibiotics can start immediate. There is no logic behind your claim.

posted on Aug, 18 2021 @ 03:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: MPoling

Yea, trust science we must. I cant see anything that could possibly go wrong from this.

Cowpox anyone.... Been done before very successfully.

posted on Aug, 18 2021 @ 03:36 PM
link   

Did not the mad scientist that killed puppies, said that he will have a jab for every virus out there, before they become a pandemic?, now that all is mandated the mad scientist fascist faucy is going to do just that.

I remember another type of scientist that did experiments on humans too, yep in nazi Germany.

edit on 18-8-2021 by marg6043 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 18 2021 @ 03:36 PM
link   
a reply to: ThatDamnDuckAgain

Its not a bad idea put it that way.

The vaccine is obviously being developed in case of future outbreak.

Far as im aware we don't have a vaccine that can prevent alcoholism.

Obviously you would have to be vaccinated upfront, because that's how vaccines work.

There is plenty of logic behind the development of a plague vaccine and no reason whatsoever they should not develop such a thing.

posted on Aug, 18 2021 @ 03:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: ThatDamnDuckAgain

You would have to be vaccinated upfront obviously. In the case of a pandemic, all eyes are on the symptoms and treatment with antibiotics can start immediate. There is no logic behind your claim.

So I flew in the air force for 28 years going to every Trump sh!thole there is and I got vaccines based on where I was going. As example I got the rabies one that really isn't a vaccine but delays it some so you can get to real treatment...It was like 3 shots over the course of 6 weeks or something like that. I got it because I was spending a lot of time in Afghanistan where they have rabies...duh

So I don't see 8 billion people getting it. BUT if it sprung up somewhere in the world then yes it would be rather important to get it to the people that need it there.

link   
a reply to: Xtrozero

No, since this is not the topic of this thread, I do not talk about the plague.

link   

Yep easy money, have the jab ready, release the virus and .... there you have it, easy money for the pharma mobsters, is all good if a few millions die during the "pandemic", after all the world is over populated anyway.

posted on Aug, 18 2021 @ 03:40 PM
link   
a reply to: Xtrozero

I think it was actually horsepox eventually and then cowpox just moved to wild herds because of all the movement and how we used the stuff.

Plague is up and coming again, not really in the west or developed world but it’s starting to really accelerate it’s antibiotic resistant genes and passing it to endemic strains. Not a question of if, just when. Norovirus is another one they are working on, HIV will take a while it incorporates differently in each host and cell type.

Antibiotics are pretty much finished, on their way out and we will see a major shift to gene therapy, molecular targeting blocking things like siderophores (host iron scavengers), and vaccines over the next several decades.

Coolest thing is it will be more patient specific eventually, built for their microbiome/virome and genome so hopefully problems will be significantly reduced. At least until nature finds another way.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join