It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What if people with just the common cold and Influenza are testing positive for Covid?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 18 2021 @ 12:43 PM
link   
a reply to: Blue_Jay33

What if people with just the common cold and Influenza are testing positive for Covid?

That is how it has been since the beginning and only the most staunch liberal supporters have denied this. There is no way for them to differentiate between the flu,cold and covid. On top of that there is also no way that they want to.

There is a reason why the flu suddenly and coincidentally practically disappeared since 2019.

posted on Aug, 18 2021 @ 01:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: IAMTAT

originally posted by: network dude
and so folks here understand, nonspecific works with covid tests as a daily job. Where I'd be careful of taking brain surgery advice from a proctologist, getting testing info from a guy who uses the tests in his daily job likely has some decent info. Plus he hasn't been known to peddle the bad kind of BS. In this conversation, he has clout. IMHO

NS is definitely a bright fellow...he knows a thing or two about peddling and giving China Virus tests.

Keep in mind...assuming the guy who is giving you a PCR test is an expert in virology...is like calling the guy handing you a Happy Meal through your car window a Cordon Bleu Chef.

while you are correct, that guy knows more about dipping sauce than the hockologist at the treatment plant. YMMV

I'll listen to what he says, and give the attention I feel it deserves. For the record, I fact check Phage too, so nobody gets out alive.

posted on Aug, 18 2021 @ 01:30 PM
link   
I'd be disappointed if people didn't check what anyone says, especially on ATS.

I'll say with honest conviction that if I'm wrong then I want to be the first one to know about it.

The last thing I want to do is say things that are not true, there's enough of that already round here.

a reply to: network dude

posted on Aug, 18 2021 @ 01:40 PM
link   
First, there is technically no test for "covid." It is diagnosed symptomatically, accompanied by a positive result from a PCR test that, ideally, identifies the presence of SARS-CoV-2.

Given that SARS-CoV-2 is an ssRNA virus, there is no DNA to test intrinsically. Thats where the "RT" in "RT-PCR" test comes in, where it essentially converts the RNA information to DNA. Its actually a very cool process, albeit, not fit for purpose in the current scenario. IMO, of course.

The full genomic model of SARS-CoV-2 is a roughly 30k base sequence, and unless something has changed, the test identifies roughly 1% of the full sequence at ~300. This smaller segment could, theoretically, be present outside of viral genomes altogether (including in other viruses). This is then transcribed into DNA sequences and put through amplification cycles to render it observable.

Historically, PCR tests have been at the foundation of false epidemics and quite a bit of controversy. AFAIK, there are still different CT (amplification cycle) standards across the board, possibly including different thresholds for vaccinated vs unvaccinated.

All of this introduces some possibilities that are overlooked for a myriad of reasons. The direct and sole connection between SARS-CoV-2 & covid is absolutely not clear to me, though it is simply assumed to be true. Meaning, the disease may indeed be precipitated by a single coronavirus, but may also be the result of other factors simultaneously. i.e. there is the possibility of contracting this disease without exposure or infection by SARS-CoV-2. This is a whole topic in and of itself and is undoubtedly blasphemy.

This also means that testing for, say, antibodies may indicate a previous exposure to a virus but may not have particular relevance to "covid susceptibility" specifically. To identify this, we would need to introduce a much broader spectrum of data that essentially pulls back from CCT (Critical Covid/Corona Theory) and explores the presence of auto-immune diseases in the population in general.

Theres more, but.. meh.

When it comes down to it, imo, there is the possibility that the small segment involved in RT-PCR testing is also present in some influenza viruses.. Or even in completely different genetic structures altogether (like a fruit). This may be the case both for the initial segment as well as the amplified complementary DNA. Whether or not this is actually the case would require actual scientific exploration and testing. Which is dead

posted on Aug, 18 2021 @ 02:08 PM
link   
Take a look into non specific cross reaction in PCR testing if you want to find out more about the possibility of other viruses giving a false positive on a covid 19 test.

The only other real way is in lab contamination as far as I know.

This won't answer any of the questions regarding CT cycles or viral load however as they are seperate issues.

a reply to: Serdgiam

posted on Aug, 18 2021 @ 02:15 PM
link   
a reply to: nonspecific

Im aware of it, but it doesnt address the foundational concern I mentioned.

I probably didnt properly describe it, but I cant say I care all too much. I think there are bigger issues at play, but the only time PCR driven false epidemics in the past stopped is when the mistakes were realized. Whether or not that is a factor here and now is its own thing. Even if that was at the core of everything (I dont necessarily believe that is the case, fwiw), it would require massive amounts of politicians, corporations, bureaucrats, and large swathes of the population to admit they made a world-changing mistake.

Aint gonna happen, regardless of cost or consequence.

Its good info though!

posted on Aug, 18 2021 @ 02:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: nonspecific
Take a look into non specific cross reaction in PCR testing if you want to find out more about the possibility of other viruses giving a false positive on a covid 19 test.

The only other real way is in lab contamination as far as I know.

This won't answer any of the questions regarding CT cycles or viral load however as they are seperate issues.

a reply to: Serdgiam

Why did papaya, a goat and cocacola test positive using the pcr test?
The same test that the inventor said shouldn't be used as it is?

You don't see a trend in the countries that are a little bolder to their unarmed citizens?
Lol
Try some honesty, or common sense.
None of this covid larp has any logic
edit on 8 by Mandroid7 because: Added2

posted on Aug, 18 2021 @ 02:57 PM
link   
Kary Mullins never said it shouldn't be used for testing for covid 19 as he was already dead by this point. He was 72 and died of pneumonia before anyone claims he was killed off by the illuminati or some such bollocks.

Take a look into what he actually said and why he said it, there's no point me telling the story as too many are convinced I'm a paid goon from the government sent to lie to you all.

You'll see that he had a lot of arguments with faucci becuase faucci was using PRC to test for hiv in aids patients. Mullis was absolutely convinced that aids and hiv were unrelated and aids was caused by something else entirely.

Having his own invention used to prove something he did not believe causes him to he quite angry as you can imagine.

As I said I'm a supposed shill so take a look and see, maybe I've got it wrong but that's how I remember it. It's been a while.

Edit: I can't comment on tha papaya but the coke I believe was put neat on a lateral flow test not sent of for PCR.

Lft's are not great and kids in the UK figured out how to fake a positive with orange juice to avoid going to school.

a reply to: Mandroid7

edit on 18/8/2021 by nonspecific because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 18 2021 @ 03:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: IAMTAT

originally posted by: network dude
and so folks here understand, nonspecific works with covid tests as a daily job. Where I'd be careful of taking brain surgery advice from a proctologist, getting testing info from a guy who uses the tests in his daily job likely has some decent info. Plus he hasn't been known to peddle the bad kind of BS. In this conversation, he has clout. IMHO

NS is definitely a bright fellow...he knows a thing or two about peddling and giving China Virus tests.

Keep in mind...assuming the guy who is giving you a PCR test is an expert in virology...is like calling the guy handing you a Happy Meal through your car window a Cordon Bleu Chef.

So, qualifications matter..now?..

posted on Aug, 18 2021 @ 03:52 PM
link   

Would you not agree then that at least in theory; come 2022 when the new testers are widely distributed, we should see an increase in influenzas positives and percentage decrease in covid positives ?

posted on Aug, 18 2021 @ 03:55 PM
link   
I'm no virologist and I'm not qualified in anything relavant but I don't need to be to do my job well.

I don't need qualifications or to understand everything to comment here either.

I just need to know enough to be confident I'm correct

a reply to: vonclod

posted on Aug, 18 2021 @ 03:57 PM
link   
I'm not in a position to predict anything but I'd like that to be the case.

Here in the UK we will have really good vaccine uptake and natural imunity by then so I'd like to see both sets of numbers low

I'd ideally like to lose my current job as when I do it means the pandemic is not only over it's not going to spike again any time soon.

edit on 18/8/2021 by nonspecific because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 18 2021 @ 03:58 PM
link   

There's too many people to confirm how different Covid feels than the regular flu or influenza. It's people's experiences that add to the bio-weapon theory.

posted on Aug, 18 2021 @ 04:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: nonspecific
Still dishing out cheap shots alongside your psyudoscientific lies I see?

a reply to: IAMTAT

"Cheap shot"?...How so?

You admit you're not an "expert in virology".
You also admit you're paid to dispense PCR tests...and I'm sure you do it very well.

posted on Aug, 18 2021 @ 04:17 PM
link   
Yet you take every opportunity you get to attack me personally without ever being able to prove me incorrect.

You really need to start going for the ball not the player if we are going to do this properly.

posted on Aug, 18 2021 @ 04:18 PM
link   

That's the issue with these PCR tests it cant tell the difference between covid or the influenzas. Maybe i should get the PCR test to see if my soda pop will test positive for Covid.
edit on 18-8-2021 by HawkEyi because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 18 2021 @ 04:24 PM
link   

I'm sorry you saw that as a personal attack.
I'll try to remind myself to be more delicate and aware of your proclivity when addressing you in future.

edit on 18-8-2021 by IAMTAT because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 18 2021 @ 04:33 PM
link   
That's not true though.

It doesn't matter how many times you say it either.

a reply to: HawkEyi

posted on Aug, 18 2021 @ 04:36 PM
link   
Oh I don't mind in the slightest it's just disappointing more than anything.

As long as you are going for me personally it's a reminder that you have to go for me because you've got nothing to counter my opinion that's backed up by evidence.

I'd prefer it if you could give me a real challenge but as you can't then stick stick to calling me a troll or a shill or implying that my opinion is void because you think I have a financial interest in people getting tested for covid.

posted on Aug, 18 2021 @ 04:38 PM
link   

Say what you believe on this. I have my own red flags on this whole thing.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join