It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dude where's my drone

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 17 2021 @ 09:42 PM
link   
Hi ATS this is my first thread! With the recent withdrawl out of Afghanistan and the amount of equipment left behind has left me with a few questions.

1. I've heard many a story about the battle state of the Afghanistan army and most of them paint a sad picture of lack of moral and initiative. Surely the top brass must have had a bit of an idea of what the Afghan army could accomplish without them? Did they demonstrate that they could handle such advanced equipment? I don't understand why not equip them with cheaper equipment, we gave the Southern Vietnamese forces many a m1 Garand!

2. What will become of the equipment left behind? Realistically without proper parts and maintenance most equipment like the black hawks won't last, will most of the higher tech stuff be sold to China? Is it safe to say the rest may be exported to terrorist organizations around the world or will they hold onto most of it to fight the next guy?

Anyways what do you guys and gals think. Either way not a good deal!

posted on Aug, 17 2021 @ 10:19 PM
link   
a reply to: misterE12

it wasn`t left behind it was sold to the taliban at give away prices with 10% going to the big guy, joe biden. I bet hunter arranged the deal, give me 50 million dollars and a year supply of heron and I will guarantee that my dad will cut and run and leave all our equipment behind for you fellas.

edit on Tue, 17 Aug 2021 22:22:08 -050008vp228x2021-08-17T22:22:08-05:00 by rsvpzxc because: (no reason given)

edit on Tue, 17 Aug 2021 22:24:31 -050031vp228x2021-08-17T22:24:31-05:00 by rsvpzxc because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 17 2021 @ 10:21 PM
link   
a reply to: rsvpzxc

I forgot all about the big guy! Hopefully they can find the receipt on this one and nail joe and his cronies!

posted on Aug, 17 2021 @ 10:54 PM
link   
The game is still the same. The dope will still be delivered but it will cost US less in the end. There is no great mystery here. Only a renegotiation. The more things change the more they stay the same. Does anyone really think those certain people are going to let that cash cow go?

posted on Aug, 17 2021 @ 11:04 PM
link   
a reply to: REDMORGAN

If that's the case do you think the US got any rare earth minerals out while in Afghanistan or is the dope business way more Lucative?

posted on Aug, 17 2021 @ 11:06 PM
link   

I think it will mostly be burned by the Taliban. China despises drugs like that from past issues. The Golden Triangle Drug lords have had this business for Centuries and probably don't need any Afghani's mucking it up. I am sure the Taliban will cut it way back again but let a select few make some money off of it.

posted on Aug, 17 2021 @ 11:39 PM
link   
the taliban outlawed all those poppy fields and drugs the last time they controlled the country , so yeah it will cost the cia more to keep their poppy fields in afghanistan and will increase the cost of opiates in the U.S.

edit on Tue, 17 Aug 2021 23:48:19 -050019vp228x2021-08-17T23:48:19-05:00 by rsvpzxc because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 17 2021 @ 11:43 PM
link   
a reply to: Justoneman
oh yeah the taliban has always been rabidly anti drugs,but for the right price i guess the taliban will let the CIA keep a couple of their poppy fields. The opioid supply in america is going to decrease rapidly. time for all you american drug adicts to get to your local methadon clinic.

posted on Aug, 17 2021 @ 11:46 PM
link   
it`s no coincidence that the hard drug problem in america increased exponentially for 20 years from the day american controlled the poppy fields in afghanistan.

posted on Aug, 18 2021 @ 06:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: rsvpzxc
oh yeah the taliban has always been rabidly anti drugs,but for the right price i guess the taliban will let the CIA keep a couple of their poppy fields. The opioid supply in america is going to decrease rapidly. time for all you american drug adicts to get to your local methadon clinic.

Too late they are too far gone. It is sad that Pot or a Beer isn't good enough to satiate the need to relax. Cocaine, Heroin and all the man made drugs are so dangerous and should only be used as needed not for partying or self medicating depression and anxiety.

posted on Aug, 18 2021 @ 06:51 AM
link   

No...they are against USING drugs....there is a big difference. They are all about making money from exporting drugs to other areas. Just like any good dealer....don't touch your own product. They have made gobs of money from their poppy fields and will continue to do so.

posted on Aug, 18 2021 @ 07:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: Vasa Croe

No...they are against USING drugs....there is a big difference. They are all about making money from exporting drugs to other areas. Just like any good dealer....don't touch your own product. They have made gobs of money from their poppy fields and will continue to do so.

No, the Taliban destroyed poppy fields. That's why we secured the remaining ones. Heroin use aside, we need those poppy for medical pain relief.

I do wonder if allowing poppies to grow was part of the withdrawal agreement, we won't ever find out.

However if the price of heroin goes up, so does the crime rate. Higher price, higher crime.

posted on Aug, 18 2021 @ 11:29 AM
link   

If they need spare parts just ask ISIS they seem to be able to get whatever they need in military kit from the USA.

posted on Aug, 18 2021 @ 02:24 PM
link   
a reply to: purplemer

I hadn't heard that one before any way I could read more about it?

posted on Aug, 19 2021 @ 04:49 AM
link   
With so much Chinese fentanyl on the market, who needs CIA heroin.

If the Chinese wanted to stop making fentanyl and exporting it the government of China would.

Since much of what goes on in china is linked to the PLA what is the PLA getting out of it.

top topics

join