It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The 2008 Turkey "UFO" is NOT a UFO

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 17 2021 @ 10:12 AM
link   
This Turkey UFO keeps coming up from time to time and I'm making this thread to document evidence that it's NOT a UFO.

Someone on metabunk pointed out that whatever it was didn't move for almost a year, which is not a feature of a flying object or UFO. Here are screenshots showing the same object not moving, with the dates months apart, very nearly an entire year from the first to the last image:

www.metabunk.org...

Over the months he sees the same exact object 3 times in exactly the same position, at the same distance.

So, it's not a UFO, what was it?
The best hypothesis I've seen so far comes from ATS member Blue Shift, that it's a reflection of part of the cheap telescope he was aiming his camera at to take the video:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

originally posted by: Blue Shift
If you look at all the footage, including the stuff that doesn't look like a convertible flying saucer, it often looks distorted and compressed. And if you speed up the footage, you can get a better idea about what it really is, which is some kind of odd misalignment of the crazy rig he was using to do the filming. He was holding a cheap telescope up to the lens of his camera, and the "UFO" is a reflection off one of the edges of the lenses or lens mounts. With this one, the far-off light (probably a boat) is likely reflecting off (or refracting through) the top of the telescope lens.

That might also explain why it's green and has concentric circles. After he made some money with this, he got better equipment including a camera with a real telephoto lens. Not surprisingly, the aliens stopped showing up.

As someone who uses a monocular regularly, I can attest that misalignment is a recurring issue.

I don't know why people are so enthralled with this video. This one and the Salida, Colorado video are so often presented as some of the best proof of possibly alien UFOs, yet they are both just garbage.

I have no other source for the statement that the photographer couldn't photograph the "UFO" anymore after he used the money he made to buy better equipment (which wouldn't have alignment problems and which wouldn't photograph reflections of the telescope), but if Blue Shift or anybody else can post a link to a story about that, I'd be interested to read it.

There is also a hypothesis that his camera was aimed in the direction of a marina and some of what he photographed may have been parts of distant boats. I can't rule that out, but at least for the images above, cruise ships are supposed to be cruising, not parked in one place, so I think the telescope reflection hypothesis is more likely to explain these images.

You can see two small reflections in the "valley" on top of the three images taken over almost a year. Probably because of slight changes in focus, lighting and alignment, the reflections look slightly different in the three images, but in none of those do the reflections look like aliens. There is a video on youtube claiming those two reflections look like "aliens", but compare the reflections above to the reflections below and the "alien" appearance is probably due to image "enhancement" and/or manipulation and/or focus and pareidolia:

posted on Aug, 17 2021 @ 10:25 AM
link   
I thought someone had proved that it was boat window reflection or something…..

a reply to: Arbitrageur

posted on Aug, 17 2021 @ 10:52 AM
link   

I mean, as far as pareidolia goes, his is probably not that.

The things move, in shot...... Also, if these are inter-dimensional, this is exactly what you'd expect to see....

posted on Aug, 17 2021 @ 10:57 AM
link   
Lots of theories but no conclusions yet.. I am just curious of what he is filming.
So far I heard, Ferry, satellite dish, photoshop, speedboat, building and umbrella.
So I guess it is still a UFO.. or just unidentified.

posted on Aug, 17 2021 @ 11:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: Spacespider
Lots of theories but no conclusions yet.. I am just curious of what he is filming.

At the beginning of one of the videos he shows you what he's filming. It's a distant spot of light at the water level. Probably just a light on a boat. But any little bright spot of light will expand into concentric circles when it's being distorted by a misaligned lens. I got cataract surgery a couple years ago, and it came out great except that in the evening when car headlights start coming on I sometimes get really bad halos, which look an awful lot like this Turkey thing.

Take the image on the left below, chop some off that could be blocked from the rest of the assembly and add some irregularities from joints or screws holding the lens mount in place, and you've got pretty much the same thing.

posted on Aug, 17 2021 @ 11:47 AM
link   

So far I heard, Ferry, satellite dish, photoshop, speedboat, building and umbrella.
Don't forget cruise ship.

So I guess it is still a UFO
I've seen no evidence anything he photographed is "flying", so I wouldn't use the term UFO where the "F" means flying.

unidentified.
Yes, I'm not claiming everything he photographed has been positively identified, just that I see no evidence that what he photographs is flying, and more evidence of not flying especially when the object with the alleged "aliens" pareidolia or manipulation doesn't move for a year. Flying objects aren't stationary for a year, and if the alleged UFOs really stopped appearing when he got better equipment that would favor the idea his old shoddy equipment was part of the problem at least for the stationary images in the OP which are related to the "alien beings" claim.

posted on Aug, 17 2021 @ 12:02 PM
link   
I just find it rather comical that virtually all of the alleged UFO and alien sighting claimants allege:

a.) There was a spaceage metallic craft with aliens "inside" of it

b.) The aliens had a head, a torso, two arms and two legs (gee, just like humans)

It's a pretty safe bet that if there are UFO's and aliens they don't come from your solar system. Therefore, the chances of them being in some type of a metallic craft are almost zero. That it would even be a physical craft at all is pretty unlikely. Probably more likely would be some form of an energy envelope of some kind.

Then there's ET himself. The chances that an alien would have a human like form is next to impossible. First of all, the human form is not well adapted for space travel. Humans are beings adapted to living on a planet with gravity, water and air. Why would ET need legs or arms...or a torso, or a head? Why would ET even need to be "alive" by your definition of the word? He too might just be some energy source, and have the appearance of a blob or an amoeba, easily able to reconstruct itself at some distant location.

You humans are pretty silly to think ET's and UFO's would be similar to you.

Silly humans! LOL!

posted on Aug, 17 2021 @ 12:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: Flyingclaydisk
You humans are pretty silly to think ET's and UFO's would be similar to you.
Silly humans! LOL!

Unless they were some kind of human/humanoid AI time traveler from either the future or an unknown related creature from the distant past. They might look like a standard Earth creature (excluding bugs and stuff) evolved from fish/lizards with a forward and rear, two arms, two legs, a head with sensory organs, etc. They would have a better chance of being about our size (not the size of a moose), able to breathe our air and withstand our gravity.

And, after all, rapid space travel is also time travel. It either takes a lot of power or there is some cute trick of "travel without moving" that we haven't figured out YET. So can't quite eliminate that as a possibility.
edit on 17-8-2021 by Blue Shift because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 17 2021 @ 12:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: Joneselius

I mean, as far as pareidolia goes, his is probably not that.

The things move, in shot...... Also, if these are inter-dimensional, this is exactly what you'd expect to see....

And you know this , how ?

posted on Aug, 17 2021 @ 12:19 PM
link   
Pretty sure I saw a very good debunking thread on this, and someone found a hotel on the coast that looked exactly like the original video footage, at night time.

posted on Aug, 17 2021 @ 12:22 PM
link   

So I guess it is still a UFO.. or just unidentified.

A light flare on the lens , no matter the source .
So , IFO

posted on Aug, 17 2021 @ 12:22 PM
link   
a reply to: Blue Shift

Or...we, erm, they would look exactly like humans by assuming your form and they would appear out of thin air and blend in with all the other humans.

Plus, we erm, they would certainly never leave our ship parked in plain sight where you could observe it.

Shazbot Na-nu Na-nu!

edit on 8/17/2021 by Flyingclaydisk because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 17 2021 @ 12:38 PM
link   

Plus, we erm, they would certainly never leave our ship parked in plain sight where you could observe it.

Shazbot Na-nu Na-nu!

But it sounds to me like a good idea.. people will never believe it, they will just claim it is a boat or lens flare, sounds like a great plan, works like a charm.

posted on Aug, 17 2021 @ 12:48 PM
link   

Or...we, erm, they would look exactly like humans by assuming your form and they would appear out of thin air and blend in with all the other humans.

They might evolve a bit depending on how far from the future or past they came from. But there are many reports of odd people who could very well be "aliens" walking among us. The Men in Black, for instance. But the mythology says there is a batch of aliens out there who actually do look just like us for a variety of possible reasons.

Shazbot Na-nu Na-nu!

I have an unprovable notion that one of the reasons we see UFOs at all is because of the way we perceive time to be linear when there's no scientific proof that it actually is. We might see UFOs (and other assorted paranormal stuff) because sometimes we catch a glimpse of reality playing out in non-linear time, so we see evolve people/androids, prehistoric Bigfoots, dinosaur sea monsters, long-dead ghosts, etc. So it's not so much them showing themselves to us, more like us getting a sneak peek they can't control.
edit on 17-8-2021 by Blue Shift because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 17 2021 @ 01:34 PM
link   
www.metabunk.org...

I'm convinced by this gif that it is in fact a cruise ship bridge.

posted on Aug, 17 2021 @ 02:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: Dimensionalcowboy
www.metabunk.org...

I'm convinced by this gif that it is in fact a cruise ship bridge.
I'm not. The Turkey image is consistent with being curved in the vertical plane which is what we would expect for the hypothesis the image is a reflection or artifact of his photographic setup, whereas the bridge of the cruise ship is curved in the horizontal plane.

So if you study the gif closely, you'll see on the far right hand edge for example, the curvature doesn't match with the cruise ship curvature, but it does match with what we would expect from a reflection from the photographer's photographic apparatus.

That's not to say he never photographed a cruise ship or some other boat lights or components. Maybe he did at one point since he was shooting in the direction of a marina, but I don't think that's a good match in that gif, on the right hand side where the curves don't align.

edit on 2021817 by Arbitrageur because: clarification

posted on Aug, 17 2021 @ 02:13 PM
link   
Thats really cool first i have read about it, will need to look at those links

posted on Aug, 17 2021 @ 04:30 PM
link   
You have no proof of anything, your explanation is just a theory,

so the thread title should say ...

The 2008 Turkey "UFO" is probably NOT a UFO

FYI - No need to attack me, I never liked this video anyways, I always thought it was suspicious.

Just saying

posted on Aug, 17 2021 @ 04:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: easynow
You have no proof of anything, your explanation is just a theory,
Three screenshots showing the object didn't move for a year is not a theory. They are three screenshots showing the object didn't move for a year.

None of the other videos show any indication of flight either, so I don't see the point of the qualifier.

posted on Aug, 17 2021 @ 10:47 PM
link   

You can't prove the dates are real, changing the date on a camera is easy.

If it's a hoax, the entire thing may have been hoaxed.

Like I said, you have no proof of anything.

Just saying

top topics

<<   2 >>

join