It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Afghanistan, fear for life and Covid

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 17 2021 @ 04:57 AM
link   
Greetings, my dear friends on the forum.
More than a year ago, due to the censorship of some forum administrators, I promised myself that I would no longer publish here. But sometimes I went to the forum and read your various opinions, ordinary people. Now, when the Western world is experiencing a shock from the events in Afghanistan, I decided to write all the same. I want to touch on a topic that is absolutely not described on the forum, although it is obvious to any critical thinking person. So.

The whole world is watching a video of the horror in Afghanistan. How tens of thousands of people flee the country. cling to the chassis of transport planes, fly out on everything that is capable of flying to neighboring countries. Panic.

But has anyone seen in the video from Afghanistan people wearing masks and gloves, keeping social distance and not attending mass events? NOBODY! Because there are no such videos. People in Afghanistan are the last to worry about Covid. And why? Because in critical situations, people assess the real threats to their lives, and not largely invented by mainstream propaganda. Reality always puts priorities in their place. And ordinary people do not see the common behind a particular phenomenon.

I am not a stubborn conspiracy theorist, but it seems to me that when people in the "civilized countries of Western democracies" finally get rid of the fears of Covid, they will realize in what deep hole they ended up.

In addition, I want to share with you one fact. In the mid-1980s, Soviet analysts predicted the complete destruction of the United States and the triumph of the USSR. Destruction guaranteed. But the country's leadership had enough common sense not to do this. Because then the USSR would have remained the only "world gendarme" and took upon itself all the worries about the whole world. And this is not given to anyone. The United States has stepped on this rake, and now comes the reckoning. We will be realists and will not succumb to any propaganda.

Thanks.

posted on Aug, 17 2021 @ 05:04 AM
link   
a reply to: RussianTroll
Nice to see you around again.

Because in critical situations, people assess the real threats to their lives, and not largely invented by mainstream propaganda. Reality always puts priorities in their place.

Like a bucket filled with cold water hitting the face. The bucket itself, not the water. I doubt the Afghanistan people really had that moment, from the beginning of COVID, they knew they had much bigger problems than COVID.

posted on Aug, 17 2021 @ 05:12 AM
link   
a reply to: ThatDamnDuckAgain

Greetings my friend.

I don't think Afghans are worried about the problems we have. They live in their own world. This is their world, their civilization, their country and their families and society. As long as someone from the outside tries to impose their values and their worldview on them, there will be a war. Let them live as they want. But if they attack, explicitly or hybridly, then you need to discourage them from such a desire in principle. For the rest, as they say in Russia, they have their own wedding, we have our own wedding)))

posted on Aug, 17 2021 @ 05:13 AM
link   
Wait till food becomes scarce , that is when Americans will wake up.

posted on Aug, 17 2021 @ 05:18 AM
link   
a reply to: musicismagic

Food is already scarce. See how many artificial foods and food replacements have been approved by the governments of many countries. We need not export democracy, but develop our own agriculture. These are basic food safety rules for any country.

posted on Aug, 17 2021 @ 05:51 AM
link   

I dare say you are touching on a very big yet quiet issue that will occur there within the year. For the last 20 years the USA and other nations have sent our GMO seed there. That seed can't be replanted. Most of it, you buy it, you plant, and thats it. So in one harvest cycle, alot of that seed will be gone. Whom is the Taliban going to trade with to get more seed in? what are they going to trade with? How are they going to treat the people? This country for the last 20 years has been making strides to move forward. Thats done now. What good does trucks, and cars, and cell phones, and towers, and modern equipment do you, if you no longer have the people to use it, and now you won't even have the food in a year? What will you feed the cattle, the goats, the sheep? what will you feed the people? Give it a year, I predict MASSIVE starvation, and the taliban asking for international help, wit China and Russia sending food for exchange to access.

Camain

posted on Aug, 17 2021 @ 05:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: musicismagic
Wait till food becomes scarce , that is when Americans will wake up.

The U.S. produces FAR more food that it consumes.

And the U.S. government pays farmers billions to not produce more every year.

So that we don't destroy international agricultural markets.

If the U.S. can't feed itself, everyone on the planet is in very big trouble.

posted on Aug, 17 2021 @ 06:01 AM
link   
a reply to: camain

I live in Russia. In our country, any GMO products are legally prohibited. Due to US sanctions, Russia was forced to develop its own agriculture and agricultural equipment, and it succeeded. Now in our supermarkets more than 90% of goods are Russian-made and do not contain GMOs. The sowing and livestock fund is very developed. As a result, Russia is now one of the leading importers of organic agricultural products in the world, and prices within the country are regulated by sound customs policies. Although our country is also experiencing a sharp rise in world food prices, the government is curbing the cartel collusion of retailers and is pursuing a reasonable tariff policy. The latter are threatened by the famine of Russia.

Thanks

posted on Aug, 17 2021 @ 06:02 AM
link   

Welcome back to ATS RussianTroll.

"I want to share with you one fact. In the mid-1980s, Soviet analysts predicted the complete destruction of the United States and the triumph of the USSR."

Dont know about the above.

I lived through the end of the cold war RussianTroll and the 80s, it was a M.A.D world back then, just like it still is today, you would not have managed to completely destroy the USA without similar reciprocation being on the cards no matter what your analyst with there slide rules claimed.
edit on 17-8-2021 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 17 2021 @ 06:11 AM
link   
Are you suggesting USSR and its leadership didn’t want to become the world police the US has always been?

What were their predictions based on?

Was their side-stepping of “last bastion” status allowed so the US would become in the state we are in?

What makes you think Covid is going anywhere?

The throat slit of western democracy via Covid and the blood doth runneth (only but a trickle at present) but to what end? TPTB like the taste dashed with fear on a massive scale. So how this shizz play out fella? IYO?

Is there a correlation to how well/not well Russia has been doing?

I’m confused and it seems odd seeing as the USSR is no longer in service…what am I missing?

Explain please.

And welcome back! Sincerely.

posted on Aug, 17 2021 @ 06:17 AM
link   

But has anyone seen in the video from Afghanistan people wearing masks and gloves, keeping social distance and not attending mass events? NOBODY! Because there are no such videos.

There are videos of people wearing masks in Afghanistan but like many places it's optional not mandatory and a matter of personal choice, I think with the imminent fall of the country to the Taliban wearing a mask and social distancing are low on the list of priorities for most people in the country.

In addition, I want to share with you one fact. In the mid-1980s, Soviet analysts predicted the complete destruction of the United States and the triumph of the USSR.

Pretty sure US analysts predicted the reverse in the 80s but I think we both know their would have been no winners just destruction.

posted on Aug, 17 2021 @ 06:17 AM
link   
a reply to: andy06shake

Thank you my friend.

First, I want to write about the difference between the analytical schools of our countries. In Russia, the analytical school is conservative. In our country, analysts still use computer data, but conclusions, possible future options and forecasting are made by people, unlike the United States, which has given forecasting almost entirely to computer programs. even George Friedman's "alternative to the CIA", which was once at the forefront of analytical forecasting, has now become a propaganda tool. In Russia, everything is different.

In reality, the option of a nuclear conflict is not even considered, although there are various response options, backed up by material support. This is - not like in America - plan A and plan B, but much more ambitious. But in reality, only frostbitten Satanists who dream of the end of our world can talk about a nuclear conflict between our countries.

posted on Aug, 17 2021 @ 06:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: camain
Whom is the Taliban going to trade with to get more seed in? what are they going to trade with? How are they going to treat the people? This country for the last 20 years has been making strides to move forward. Thats done now. What good does trucks, and cars, and cell phones, and towers, and modern equipment do you, if you no longer have the people to use it, and now you won't even have the food in a year? What will you feed the cattle, the goats, the sheep? what will you feed the people?

Camain

Ever heard of lithium, Afghanistan is /will be more than capable of supporting itself in a electric reliant climate.

And to the OP, congratulations on making a post without mentioning Putin.......although it was very very close wasn't it?

posted on Aug, 17 2021 @ 06:23 AM
link   
a reply to: andy06shake

you would not have managed to completely destroy the USA without similar reciprocation being on the cards no matter what your analyst with there slide rules claimed.

For a country to fall , it does not have to take a war.

posted on Aug, 17 2021 @ 06:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: RussianTroll

People in Afghanistan are the last to worry about Covid. And why? Because in critical situations, people assess the real threats to their lives, and not largely invented by mainstream propaganda. Reality always puts priorities in their place. And ordinary people do not see the common behind a particular phenomenon.

It would almost seem that you suggest that because people in Afghanistan don't care about the Covid hype, there is no Covid problem.

Afghans continue to contract the virus and die, but the scale of the epidemic is nearly impossible to measure. Afghanistan’s testing capacity is severely limited.

posted on Aug, 17 2021 @ 06:25 AM
link   

But in reality, only frostbitten Satanists who dream of the end of our world can talk about a nuclear conflict between our countries.

Remember Stanislav Petrov ?
With the tensions high at that time accidents could , and nearly did , happen.

posted on Aug, 17 2021 @ 06:25 AM
link   

RussianTroll if your nation had decided to walk all over Europe back then, which with the tank and apc forces Russia possessed at the time may have been a relatively easy task.

The UK/US would have fired on your forces with tactical nukes to stop them in there tracks.

Just goes down hill from there on RussianTroll

We would all have ended up glowing in the dark for the next 10,000 years.

There is no winner in such a conflict, and the prize is not worth possession.

As to nuclear war that's still a threat RussianTroll but not just from the likes of the UK USA China or Russia in this day of age.

edit on 17-8-2021 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 17 2021 @ 06:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: ThatDamnDuckAgain they knew they had much bigger problems than COVID.

and rightly so. forgetting to put my bins out is a bigger problem than the phantom plague. covid is a fiction.

posted on Aug, 17 2021 @ 06:28 AM
link   

US, together with France, UK, Germany (mainly these players) have been there for 20 years, everyone under 21 years of age doesn't know their country other than foreigners occupying the land protecting opium fields shooting the bad guys.

That must have destroyed most of the little future left, that these young people had in perspective. GWB laid that egg for them, now they have the yolk running down their face while the above countries wrap up their stuff and tell them "good luck".

Anyone wondered about ISIS / ISIL stuff during the last one and a half years? The media certainly didn't and although ISIS is mainly around Syria region, I bluntly say that this was an order to the media to shut up about it. Because admitting they are still a problem, is in contradiction with pulling out of Afghanistan.

Well we see now they drummed up the media game again, unsure yet if by intent or as a side effect.

posted on Aug, 17 2021 @ 06:32 AM
link   
a reply to: Gothmog

Rome kind of fell from the inside out down to infighting and civil wars within the empire.

But it always seems to be some kind of conflict that topples the apple cart, internal or otherwise.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join