It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Some help with philosophy please?

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 1 2022 @ 06:38 PM
link   
a reply to: quodlibet

What I find interesting about arabic? The language was formed from smoke off of torches and candles exploring man made caves and tunnels... how long did it take for them to look up and realize the fuel from the fire was recording their thoughts on the ceiling like a paint brush across canvas?

The very existence of that language is a refutation of "automatic writing" as pseudoscience.

posted on Mar, 1 2022 @ 11:17 PM
link   
a reply to: Crowfoot

... a poetic comment, but as unfathomable as Aristotle can sometimes be. The link between Arabic and automatic writing is puzzling and needs an explanation, which I would appreciate because for me automatic writing is a fact.

One of my grandmothers left a message written by her recently deceased (back in 1930) elder, 14-yr. old daughter, obtained thru a medium. The handwriting was in the elegant Palmer style, identical to the handwriting of her daughter.

She describes her first moments on the other side. She was like hovering in mid-air and saw her mother below, surrounded by her potted plants. She was feeling very cold, then an angel called Daniel arrived, took her by the hand, warmed her and explained everything. She says that we are allowed to see only the nearest future.

posted on Mar, 5 2022 @ 07:40 AM
link   
a reply to: FinallyAwake

This is my favorite video to send to people as a quick general overview of philosophy. He's obviously going to leave some stuff out, but it's a good general introduction.

Philosophy means love of wisdom. It contains three or four branches depending on how you want to break it down. Those four branches are metaphysics(includes ontology, studies existence and the ultimate nature of reality), epistemology(studies knowledge and how humans acquire it), axiology(ethics and aesthetics, studies the nature of values like good and beautiful), and logic(formalizing propositions into syllogisms and recognizing fallacious reasoning)

As you will see in the video there are roughly three "eras" of philosophy pre-modern, modern, and post-modern. Pre-modern people predate the shift in our thinking that takes hold with Rene Descartes. Prior to Descartes, man's thinking was such that he might have said, "I am, therefore I can think," that is to say the prioritized what is and the way things might ultimately be(i.e. metaphysics and ontology) over epistemology and axiology. With Descartes, who desired to doubt everything, even his own existence, we find the formulation of the famous, cogito ergo sum, I think, therefore I am. It is a shift to the prioritization of epistemology over metaphysics and axiology. Later comes people like Friedrich Nietzsche who is generally considered the precursor of postmodern philosophy. Post-modernism centers on the rejection of all attachment to God, a call for a re-evaluation of values, a negation of conventional metaphysics, an insistence on perspectivism, a rejection of Enlightenment rationality and the advocation of will to power. It leads to a prioritzation of axiology over epistemology and metaphysics.

I prefer the philosophy of the early church, and many of those will never be mentioned in a basic study of philosophy you will miss writers like Dionysius the Aeropagite, St. Maximus the Confessor, St. Basil the Great, St. Gregory of Nyssa, St. John of Damascus and St. Gregory Palamas.

By the time of Maximus, Christianity has emerged as an alternative metaphysics of Plato or Aristotle. Anyways, I think it's a shame it's not a well known side of Christianity, so I'd recommend looking at some that as you go through the basic stuff too.

posted on Mar, 5 2022 @ 10:59 AM
link   
a reply to: quodlibet

Here is something interesting Isis is a well known "Goddess" in old studies and when asked Willian Clinton opened a door; of can you tell me what "is" is? Using it as a dodge... in other words he was invoking Isis to save his ass from his scandals being a married man in the all seeing eye of the public when he thought no one knew of his indiscretions and though he had paid enough "gag" money.

Why did I mention such a thing? Isis making it sound like is is instead of remaining whole. Of course that irritated people as he pulled a secret society move as a protection order.

Automatic writings among other "mysticisms" are what many people claiming to back or believe in the only "one" god paradigm run too when they fail the moral majority they duped into backing them with pledges and promises when representing them.

Dumb but I would say one needs to read the constitution and the declaration of independence and the bill of rights and state clearly to all of those people that those freedoms even exist to the president he was mocked by the evangelicals in office when someone a confession before the public as if it was his very own instead of Mr. Clintons. George Bush Jr. Bush maybe not really the Jr. of the Sr. Bush is a devout "Satanist" and hey who cares? In the freedom of religion it is one... misleading the public of anti satanists? that's just part of fulfilling his religion etc.

Life goes on... automatic writing as a reality; distating software if left open microphone will synchronize with a wavelength and interpret it as one would a facial expression when looking at it and form words. What is Woo about it is when it starts forming comprehensible sentences etc in a sort of harmonic frequency with a harmonic response and twines to the source of it of course you don't want to set that off or out of balance as it is like interrupting two people having a nice conversation but it is actually one conversation and a receiver and yet they as a phenomenon think they are not two but one having twined together... the source is ignorant but the attached as a listener is not, however what is gained? Neither really exist other than noise and it being interpreted via electronic means.

The djinn phenomena is well known and that is what that is in Buddhism the sutra where that awakened spirit declares "I have a body" is the same thing where their previous lord or incarnation died and they were waiting for the spirit to emerge and have a container sometimes the container is all over... however that is not the enlightened mind now having gained weight from what used to be spirit. Those words are then used against them if the weight of having a body wasn't enough. From then on it only takes a name to sink them until they are free again from what? The attachment to the noise they resonated with as a first dawn like a duck pavloved to the name it is expected to produce but the body of work of bliss between source and receiver is kept from them as a sort of holy book or vessel.

That's how it is done on "earth"as it is in "heaven" as far as the "trinity" goes.

posted on Mar, 5 2022 @ 04:22 PM
link   
I got one of the greatest philosophical question to end all of them. Driving most men to be absorbed by complete insanity until the ends of infinity, losing their hearts an minds to the abyss for all time.

Why!?!
edit on 5-3-2022 by Proto88 because: (no reason given)

<< 1  2   >>

join