It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Biden Administration Will Recognize the Taliban as Afghanistan's Legitimate Government.

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 17 2021 @ 12:33 PM
link   
a reply to: face23785

You are correct.

Is a seemingly impossible challenge.

That doesn't change anything else I've said.

We are accustomed to doing what everyone else believes is impossible.

Sometimes it's difficult or messy, and frequently takes longer than we'd like.

But we're Americans damnit.

Nothing is impossible.

It's in our genes.

posted on Aug, 17 2021 @ 12:42 PM
link   
a reply to: Nunyabizisit

Those are great lines for a bumper sticker but I'm not sure they reflect reality.

When all your peaceful means to resist have been removed, what other options do you have?

In theory, you should be able to use your free speech to convince other people to the value of your ideas and vote with you through honest discussion. But free speech is being curtailed via cancel culture, social media bias, and the corruption of the education system. Only one set of ideas is being taught in classrooms. Only one set of ideas is prevalent in the primary communication means for a huge swath of our voters.

In theory, you should be able to count on the free press to present all sides of the issues so other people may see the value of your ideas and vote with you. But the media is almost exclusively propaganda for one side. Many voters will never even hear, let alone get to evaluate, the views of people like you and those who agree with you.

And even if those things weren't happening, if the elections aren't free and fair, no amount of grass roots, bottom up activism is going to help.

I'm not advocating for violence. I had to take early retirement from the military due to health problems. I'm in no shape to fight anyway. I'm just asking you what else you think you've got left.
edit on 17 8 21 by face23785 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 17 2021 @ 12:55 PM
link   
a reply to: MrEnergy

The Afghan citizens do object to the Taliban taking over.But,
they can't take their firearms and defend whatever system
of government they want.Why? because the Taliban are going
door-to-door TAKING their firearms from them.

posted on Aug, 17 2021 @ 01:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust
Following President Biden's major Afghanistan speech yesterday, this official's brutal honesty about the man he voted for (Joe Biden),

It's worth watching, The Biden Administration has hung these friends of America, out to dry. Tens of thousands of them.

That was heart wrenching. This is a nightmare.

posted on Aug, 17 2021 @ 01:17 PM
link   

I think removing Biden from office was in their plans from
the beginning.Have him being a figurehead for about two
years and then replacing him with Harris later.

posted on Aug, 17 2021 @ 01:21 PM
link   
a reply to: AaarghZombies
Are you American or craven?

posted on Aug, 17 2021 @ 01:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: 20Eyes1974

originally posted by: carewemust
Following President Biden's major Afghanistan speech yesterday, this official's brutal honesty about the man he voted for (Joe Biden),

It's worth watching, The Biden Administration has hung these friends of America, out to dry. Tens of thousands of them.

That was heart wrenching. This is a nightmare.

Yes it is. I had not considered that over 60,000 Afghan citizens are in danger of being executed simply because they assisted the Americans over the past 20 years.

By taking over the country the Taliban also now has access to everybody's personal information in the country. They will hunt them down and punish those who worked for and with the US military, and us contractors.

Fox News says executions are taking place on street corners.

posted on Aug, 17 2021 @ 01:26 PM
link   

originally posted by:

If you guys honestly believe the elections are rigged, what's your alternative? You're not gonna change things by voting then. The Founders did give us a way to fight tyranny.

I've been trying to say this without getting removed for months now

posted on Aug, 17 2021 @ 01:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: mamabeth

I think removing Biden from office was in their plans from
the beginning.Have him being a figurehead for about two
years and then replacing him with Harris later.

Kamala Harris has an even lower ability to multitask than Joe Biden does.

posted on Aug, 17 2021 @ 01:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: face23785
a reply to: Nunyabizisit

Those are great lines for a bumper sticker but I'm not sure they reflect reality.

When all your peaceful means to resist have been removed, what other options do you have?

In theory, you should be able to use your free speech to convince other people to the value of your ideas and vote with you through honest discussion. But free speech is being curtailed via cancel culture, social media bias, and the corruption of the education system. Only one set of ideas is being taught in classrooms. Only one set of ideas is prevalent in the primary communication means for a huge swath of our voters.

In theory, you should be able to count on the free press to present all sides of the issues so other people may see the value of your ideas and vote with you. But the media is almost exclusively propaganda for one side. Many voters will never even hear, let alone get to evaluate, the views of people like you and those who agree with you.

And even if those things weren't happening, if the elections aren't free and fair, no amount of grass roots, bottom up activism is going to help.

I'm not advocating for violence. I had to take early retirement from the military due to health problems. I'm in no shape to fight anyway. I'm just asking you what else you think you've got left.

I understand.

Not much different myself.

Except no military background.

I don't have the answers you're looking for.

But am confident we will eventually find them.

We have to.

The alternative is unthinkable.

posted on Aug, 17 2021 @ 01:33 PM
link   
Biden administration press briefing just said the Taliban will guarantee safe passage of everyone who wants to leave, to the airport up through August 31st.

The Taliban are installing their own air traffic controllers, who will ensure all planes take off and land safely.

posted on Aug, 17 2021 @ 01:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: Brotherman

Michael W. Ouellette
HOME OF RECORD:
Manchester, New Hampshire
AWARDS BY DATE OF ACTION:1 of 1

Navy Cross
AWARDED FOR ACTIONS
DURING Global War on Terror
Service: Marine Corps
Battalion: 3d Battalion
Division: 2d Marine Division
GENERAL ORDERS:
CITATION:

I remember his name and his courageous action. Its legendary. I'd be proud to have had him as a friend as you obviously are. God bless him and keep him. 🇺🇸

posted on Aug, 17 2021 @ 01:34 PM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

Imagine if this was Trump. We would never hear the end of it. But it is Biden so it is just another news day. What a #ing disaster.

posted on Aug, 17 2021 @ 01:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: themightymerlin

Imagine if this was Trump. We would never hear the end of it. But it is Biden so it is just another news day. What a #ing disaster.

What's even worse is a White House correspondent just reported Joe Biden is squirreled away at camp David... not accepting any incoming calls from other world leaders, and not initiating any outbound calls to other world leaders.

He does not want to talk about Afghanistan in any way, shape, or form...To anyone.

posted on Aug, 17 2021 @ 01:53 PM
link   

Guaranteeing safe passage for refugees fleeing the country? Is that code for monitoring and documenting dissidents for disciplinary purposes?

posted on Aug, 17 2021 @ 01:56 PM
link   
a reply to: TzarChasm

Something is totally off, because Joe Biden's National security advisor just said it's possible some Americans and pro-America Afghans will have to be left behind.

mobile.twitter.com...

posted on Aug, 17 2021 @ 01:56 PM
link   

He can not talk personally with anybody without losing his state of mind and going on a rampage of unintelligent babbling.

Lord have mercy, can we take that incompetent senile out of the white house? what in the heck, the Democrats are now aware that they are destroying the nation?

posted on Aug, 17 2021 @ 02:04 PM
link   
a reply to: 20Eyes1974

Not very bright person who proudly voted for not very bright Biden and the rest of the circus.
They should wear red clown noses so that people can identify them.

posted on Aug, 17 2021 @ 02:06 PM
link   

You can't really blame him for wanting to be left alone.
Any rumors to his incompetence were finally verified
when he pulled our troops out and abandoned our citizens
and allies to the Taliban.

posted on Aug, 17 2021 @ 02:07 PM
link   
a reply to: marg6043

The people he surrounded himself with are just as disastrous.

Biden officials just notified all Americans in Afghanistan to get to the Kabul airport as soon as possible. There are tens of thousands of them.

Some people are being beat up by Taliban thugs as they get close to the airport.

Others are not making it past checkpoints.

Now United States is telling all Americans to rush to the airport asap?

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join