It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Those who show up at COVID debates wearing yellow stars forfeit the right to be heard

page: 1

join
share:
+5 more 
posted on Aug, 16 2021 @ 04:55 PM
link   
This story caught my eye this morning.

Those who show up at COVID debates wearing yellow stars forfeit the right to be heard

Feel free to read the story. It pretty much says what the title reads. Apparently, the author doesn't think that mask mandates, forcing drugs into people, and making the unvaccinated second class citizens should be compared to what the Nazis did. Like most major American media outlets, no comments are allowed on the article aside from agree / disagree check-boxes. I wanted to make a couple of comments, though.

Number one, anyone who considers themselves to be a true journalist or "newsman" should be on the front lines of defending the First Amendment and the right of people to say what they believe. No individual is listed as the author of the article, it says The Kansas City Star Editorial Board. I guess no one wanted their name on an opinion piece telling people to shut up.

Second, if you don't want to be compared with Nazis, maybe you shouldn't go around telling people wearing yellow stars that they have no right to be heard. That is exactly what the Nazis did. You can see how that might confuse some people.

posted on Aug, 16 2021 @ 05:00 PM
link   
a reply to: VictorVonDoom

No individual is listed as the author of the article, it says The Kansas City Star Editorial Board. I guess no one wanted their name on an opinion piece telling people to shut up.

They are a bunch of freaking sad sack cowards.

However, I do wonder if any members of the editorial board did NOT agree and did NOT want to be associated with this editorial but weren't given the opportunity to exclude themselves...

posted on Aug, 16 2021 @ 05:50 PM
link   

The Yellow Stars hit too close to home for their liking.

They know what they are supporting and really do not want to be reminded of it. It makes them squirm inside since they are willingly participating and want the fantasy that what they are doing is OK.
edit on 16-8-2021 by infolurker because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 16 2021 @ 06:34 PM
link   
LOOONNS

said this: “Vaccination is the leading prevention strategy to end the COVID-19 pandemic and should be strongly encouraged for all eligible individuals

So now the vaccine is a prevention for covid? - and is also going to make covid19 extinct, what you mean that none science ZERO COVID conspiracy?

these people don't even listed to what they say or write, its literally the MSM headlines word for word they parrot like programmed robots, its just creepy now

were not getting ride of covid guys ok, ever, its going to be there every year in viral season joining the pool of several thousand other viral season illnesses competing for a share of the market, one day it could well mutate into a more deadly virulent strain just like flu does, and some of those buggers have a 60% mortality not the petty 0.04% mortality COVID19 has, just like viruses have done since the dawn of time, and will do for the foreseeable future, that's just how it works folks, zero covid lol... dear god get a grip

The vaccine doesn't prevent anything, it doesn't stop you getting sick, it doesn't stop you dying, it just lessons your chances of severe disease apparently, but so does my natural immunity which doesn't have the added adverse reactions or death as taking a vaccine i don't need because i have natural immunity like the vast majority of the public at this point, and since its such high survivalbility in my age group i'm happy to take my chances again knowing i'm healthy and have a functioning immune system

posted on Aug, 16 2021 @ 06:40 PM
link   
Star bellies sneetches are the best.

posted on Aug, 16 2021 @ 07:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: infolurker

They know what they are supporting and really do not want to be reminded of it. It makes them squirm inside since they are willingly participating and want the fantasy that what they are doing is OK.

The thing here, is these people put those stars on themselves.... they want to be oppressed. they crave it. some sort of twisted fantasy.
I seem to recall someone from a dr who episode who acted like this- just begging for someone to tell them what to do, what to think.

posted on Aug, 16 2021 @ 07:43 PM
link   

I guess they did nazi the results of their actions.

posted on Aug, 16 2021 @ 07:48 PM
link   
a reply to: TritonTaranis

We still to be introduced to the boosters because after all covid jabs were just the beginning, the boosters is where the big money making is, addiction for life and people still will get the darn virus.

posted on Aug, 16 2021 @ 08:30 PM
link   
Perhaps that little tyrant can bring a box car as a free speech zone they can speak within?

posted on Aug, 17 2021 @ 03:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: lordcomac

originally posted by: infolurker

The thing here, is these people put those stars on themselves.... they want to be oppressed. they crave it. some sort of twisted fantasy.
I seem to recall someone from a dr who episode who acted like this- just begging for someone to tell them what to do, what to think.

But they ARE being forced to take the jab if they want to keep their job, they ARE being told to take the jab if they ever want any freedom again, they ARE being restricted from moving around freely and you have to show papers proving that youre not a jew... ...Sorry, i meant proving that youre vaccinated...

But sure, they are making themself victims, they asked for all of that, didnt they?

So youre saying that people who takes a knee or wear rainbow colors or a raised fist, are making themself victims?
Youre saying those you who raise the american flag as a symbol of freedom, are making themself victims by saying there are people who are not free?
Youre saying that the black people and the jews did those horrible things to themself??

Iam lost for words, but your opinion is duly noted...
edit on 17-8-2021 by ToLiveIsToDie because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 17 2021 @ 04:09 AM
link   

Yellow stars but no pink triangles?

posted on Aug, 17 2021 @ 04:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: ConcernedCanadian

Yellow stars but no pink triangles?

Only for kids.

No charms for you.

posted on Aug, 17 2021 @ 04:16 AM