It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

We must remain vigilant

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 16 2021 @ 10:19 AM
link   
Whether we should or shouldn't have been in Afghanistan is another discussion.

Who is at fault for the complete SNAFU this withdrawal has been is another discussion.

But let's all remember why we wound up in Afghanistan in the first place. We're less than a month from marking 20 years since 9/11. 9/11 was a shock to the nation, but not to some in the military and intelligence communities. Throughout the 90s, some of these people warned Congress and the Clinton administration that Islamic terrorists were becoming more organized, better-financed, and were hatching plans with larger scope.

Unfortunately, no one here wanted to listen. The Cold War was over. We could cut military spending and intelligence and relax and the whole world would come together and hold hands and sing Kumbaya. Even as the terrorists were killing Americans in embassies and ships overseas, we turned a blind eye to the growing threat. Until they killed 3,000 civilians on 9/11.

Now, I'm not saying we need an ongoing presence in Afghanistan. I'm not saying the first time there's a terrorist attack we need to re-invade. However, there has to be a middle ground between a) sticking our heads in the sand and pretending terrorism isn't an issue until another 9/11 happens, and b) trying to occupy Afghanistan.

Whether you were for or against the withdrawal, I hope we can all agree we need to remain vigilant. We don't need to wait for another 9/11 before we act. Of course, there's no way to stop all terrorism, and any goal or action to do so is unrealistic. But there are more limited actions we can take if the snake starts to rear its ugly head again, whether it's in Afghanistan or elsewhere.

Let's not fall asleep like we did in the 90s. The world is still a dangerous place. This is an ongoing threat. It's not going to go away just because we pulled out of Afghanistan.
edit on 16 8 21 by face23785 because: changed the title because so many simpletons were just replying to the title instead of actually reading the post

posted on Aug, 16 2021 @ 10:21 AM
link   
So what next with Afghanistan?

China and Russia get the minerals.

The Taliban go back to being drug dealers,and sex traffickers.

It is amazing though.

During a world wide pandemic conquest was still on the table.

posted on Aug, 16 2021 @ 10:21 AM
link   
Glass it and move on.

posted on Aug, 16 2021 @ 10:22 AM
link   
The Taliban knows not to mess with joe. Hes got nukes and F15s, remember ?

posted on Aug, 16 2021 @ 10:22 AM
link   
a reply to: face23785

9/11 was an inside job.

posted on Aug, 16 2021 @ 10:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: neo96
So what next with Afghanistan?

China and Russia get the minerals.

The Taliban go back to being drug dealers,and sex traffickers.

It is amazing though.

During a world wide pandemic conquest was still on the table.

World wide pandemic PUT conquest on the table. Whats that adage about leveraging crises?

posted on Aug, 16 2021 @ 10:26 AM
link   

I'm just baffled at why none of the afghans shown have any masks on and I definitely didn't see anyone presenting their vaccine cards....something smells fishy here....

posted on Aug, 16 2021 @ 10:26 AM
link   
Refugees/Asylum seekers, fleeing to Europe.
edit on 00000081027810America/Chicago16 by rom12345 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 16 2021 @ 10:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: Vasa Croe

I'm just baffled at why none of the afghans shown have any masks on and I definitely didn't see anyone presenting their vaccine cards....something smells fishy here....

Simplest explanation is China didn't deliberately infect the Afghani's like they did with the rest of the world.

posted on Aug, 16 2021 @ 10:32 AM
link   

Friendlys get murdered, women and girls get abused, Western sympathisers get murdered.....we allied go back in Ernest, China,Russia and others say - not this time........and wooshka! WW3 kicks of.
edit on 16-8-2021 by CthruU because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 16 2021 @ 10:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: WillNotComply

Those are only for US citizens who dare defy Beijing Joe's edicts. Everybody else gets a free pass.

In answer to the question posed in your title:
Bombs
Death
Destruction
Rape
Violence

Of course, all somebody else's fault. Beijing Joe and Kumala di'n doo nuffin'.
:

edit on 2021 8 16 by incoserv because: What's it to ya?

posted on Aug, 16 2021 @ 10:35 AM
link   
I'm not sure why I went with that title, knowing most of the replies would be to the title, never having read the actual post...

I know better.

And ya'll wonder why the media can just write whatever they want in their headlines. Here's your sign.

posted on Aug, 16 2021 @ 10:36 AM
link   
My guess is the Taliban will put on a front for the world to see how progressive they are and they will showcase on Twitter women going to school and them embracing their former enemies and homosexuals.

Meanwhile, behind the scenes torture, rape, beheadings, and the usual radical Muslim stuff will go on unchecked.

My guess is within 6 months ISIS will have a stronghold in one of the mountain regions and begin training Jihadists with the help and support of the Taliban and Bejing Joe.

Within a year terror attacks in the EU and the US will start becoming frequent again I.E. mass shootings, bombings, etc.
From there is anyone's guess.
edit on 16-8-2021 by PraetorianAZ because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 16 2021 @ 10:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: face23785
I'm not sure why I went with that title, knowing most of the replies would be to the title, never having read the actual post...

I know better.

And ya'll wonder why the media can just write whatever they want in their headlines. Here's your sign.

Well, you could MAKE THE TITLE REFLECT YOUR CONTENT.

But, nah...

But I did read your post. And that's my answer. It was B.S. excuses and lies that dragged the US military into the GRAVEYARD OF EMPIRES to begin with. What else could we expect?
edit on 2021 8 16 by incoserv because: (no reason given)

link   
Afghanistan is done with for the west but I’m sure the MiC will find another defenceless country to exploit, i’m sorry, NATIONBUILD for the benefit of corporations and NGOs at your expense. Don’t you worry.

I’m quite confident the Intelligence community will be more than happy to engineer a casus beli as well. The 100-year “war on terror” is only a fifth of the way done, after all.

I wouldn’t like to be a citizen of a country with unfriendly relations with the US now. Not one that could offer credible resistance like Iran or the DPRK mind you. But the oligarchs will be wanting a new 20 year cash cow.
edit on 1682021 by Ohanka because: (no reason given)

link   
Yep China get the resources and they get to build huge commercial/military connecting highways to Iran and pakistan-

Massivley increasing the economic power of those 3 countries-who by the way are seen as at least problematic if not full enemies of the developed world.

Pakistan and the Taliban have always been close allies behind the scenes-now we are already seeing Pakistan proclaim that the talban have brought freedom from slavery to afghanistan.

Current prime minister Imran Khan said so himself just yesterday.
Remember him?
He's that nice "moderate"muslim the west has been so supportve of.

So nice in fact he now publicly supports a vile regime that does unspeakable things to women and children as an important,inbuilt part of their "religious" culture.

The nature of this unfathomable cluster# will take us years to get a handle on if that is even possible anymore.

The blowback in the form of tectonic geopolitical shifts will quite possibly hasten the end of America as a global superpower,and will likley rapidly accelerate China's rise to become the biggest most influential superpower the planet has ever seen.

posted on Aug, 16 2021 @ 10:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: WillNotComply

Those aren't for the Taliban. Those are for Americans remember?

posted on Aug, 16 2021 @ 10:41 AM
link   

I did read the actual post and thought that my 5 word reply addressed succinctly the entirety of said post.

edit on 16-8-2021 by Moon68 because: because

posted on Aug, 16 2021 @ 10:55 AM
link   
I don't believe for a second that this is another Joe's screw up. I believe it's 100% what they wanted to do.

Those Taliban are like him.

posted on Aug, 16 2021 @ 11:09 AM
link   

This was not a SNAFU, this was a planned and coordinated action that will lead to the biggest humanitarian crisis of this decade. It is going to force refugees into Europe and the surrounding nations, it is going to give China and Russia unfettered access to the resources we held for 20 years, it gave the Taliban OUR war machines and guns, AND it will be easy to now scare the entire US back into the "Terrorist Attack Imminent" narrative that spawned the Patriot Act.

This is simply another piece of the plan being enacted to give the government more power; they manufacture the crisis, then take more power and rights away from us in the name of fixing the problem they created.

One problem for them now though, none of us are buying it anymore, they overplayed their hand. Biden, Harris and Pelosi need to resign now, this failure is beyond the pale any way you look at it.....

ALSO where are the calls for impeachment? Calls for the 25th? Silence.......

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join