It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

World War Z or Afghanistan

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 16 2021 @ 10:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: MykeNukem
a reply to: Edumakated

I wonder if one of them actually held on long enough for take off to start?

Would be a hell of a ride, lmao.

ETA: Just heard on Fox that indeed a few of them fell from the wing at several thousand feet (how the heck they could hold on is beyond me).

It's pure desperation to get out of there before the Taliban start rounding people up and making them pay.

MSM isn't showing us the half of it.

I remember back in the day a stowaway hid in the wheelwell of a jet. He didnt make it.

posted on Aug, 16 2021 @ 10:09 AM
link   
a reply to: marg6043

Republicans sent us there in the first place, alongside our Labour government.
It doesn't matter who's in charge, the whole thing was always going to end in tears.

posted on Aug, 16 2021 @ 10:15 AM
link   
I dont understand. have the Taliban not heard of Joe Bidens nukes and F15's? he had no problem threatening his own citizens with them

posted on Aug, 16 2021 @ 10:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: Edumakated
Media seems to be given Biden a pass... I guess things are so dire, Jen Psaki gets to take a vacation.

Can't imagine what kind of conniption fit the media would be having if Trump was still in office presiding over this mess.

The media (CNN, MSNBC, NBC, CBS, ABC, NY Times etc) ALWAYS gives Democrats a pass these days. They are the propaganda arm of the Democratic Party and we should all realize that by now. They slant "the truth" to excuse Democrats from wrong doing or even horrible mistakes. They destroy conservatives if they sneeze wrong. That is the way life is in the US with that media.

Remember in today's world Democrats can do no wrong, if actually caught in a wrong so bad it can't be hidden, they are excused and never held accountable. In today's world if a Republican speaks a politically incorrect word they are summarily totally destroyed by the same media. That is how it is in the US today.

So, Biden's mistake is blamed on Trump when Obama and Biden had 8 years before Trump to do something about Afghanistan so it didn't end up like this. That is the way our world roles, blame the conservative, excuse the liberal.

edit on 8/16/21 by The2Billies because: clarification

posted on Aug, 16 2021 @ 10:52 AM
link   
a reply to: Thoughtcrime

Too far. The amount of fuel that the helos would need to carry wouldn't let them haul too many passengers. Not worth the effort or risk to the helo crews.

posted on Aug, 16 2021 @ 10:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: WillNotComply
I dont understand. have the Taliban not heard of Joe Bidens nukes and F15's? he had no problem threatening his own citizens with them

Don't you know the liberals think it is perfectly ok to nuke or kill with F15's conservative Republican law abiding gun owners, or anyone who doesn't do exactly what the Democrats tell them they must do. Did you see ANY liberal or Democrat make an objection to Biden saying he would use nukes and F15's on law abiding US citizens for lawfully having a firearm? Nope, neither did CNN, MSNBC, NBC, CBS,etc condemn these words of the leading Democrat in the nation.

The Taliban knew it was politically incorrect for any Democrat to say anything that might even hurt the feelings of the "extreme radical USA hating Islamists" who openly kill, rape, and hunt little girls for sex slavery, that is totally forbidden in the world of liberals and Democrats.

edit on 8/16/21 by The2Billies because: clarification

posted on Aug, 16 2021 @ 12:11 PM
link   
a reply to: TritonTaranis

Hmmmm...that's not PEOPLE trying to escape....it's MEN!
Leaving their women and children at the mercy of the Taliban.....OH OK

Rainbows
Jane

posted on Aug, 16 2021 @ 12:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: Edumakated
Media seems to be given Biden a pass... I guess things are so dire, Jen Psaki gets to take a vacation.

Can't imagine what kind of conniption fit the media would be having if Trump was still in office presiding over this mess.

Well the BBC gets some stick on this website yet they are reporting negativity against Biden regarding Afghanistan

Afghanistan conflict: As Kabul falls, Biden backlash grows

To his critics, the president's decision to wind down America's longest conflict has undone 20 years of work and sacrifice, paved the way for a humanitarian catastrophe and called into question US credibility

Husain Haqqani, Pakistan's ambassador to the US in 2009, told the BBC: "He [Mr Biden] always said 'our fight was about al-Qaeda, and not the Taliban'. I always thought it was naïve."

Mr Biden has "left the people of Afghanistan in the hands of Taliban," he told BBC Persian.

posted on Aug, 16 2021 @ 02:22 PM
link   
Nvm
edit on 1682021 by solentsunrise because: DBL post

posted on Aug, 16 2021 @ 02:23 PM
link   
I must learn how replies work. It's hit n miss for me!

edit on 1682021 by solentsunrise because: I'm stupid

posted on Aug, 16 2021 @ 02:58 PM
link   
a reply to: The2Billies

well...at least Biden and Milley got all those white supremacists beat. i havent seen a single one.
edit on 16-8-2021 by WillNotComply because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 16 2021 @ 06:27 PM
link   
a reply to: JIMC5499

Depends. Most 53’s (all?) have mid-air refueling booms. In theory, they could fly, say, 30 Afghan civilians out per aircraft, one squadron at a time. Still, it wouldn’t have been enough to fly out all those thousands mobbing the airport—unless they’d started an orderly withdrawal much earlier…AND if the U.S. got permission to fly over one of the Stans, maybe even do a refuel there.

posted on Aug, 16 2021 @ 11:17 PM
link   
Did the taliban ever make it to the airfield I thought I read that the military had to retake it or something to the effect?

posted on Aug, 17 2021 @ 09:15 AM
link   
a reply to: misterE12

They are around , didnt take it yet.

They don't have to take it , worst case scenario they start shooting at Planes with Dishkas or mortar the Runway.

This effort has come way too late , they still sending planes as we speak.

Only have to spark a bit and that airfield cannot be used anymore.

edit on 17-8-2021 by TheGreazel because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 17 2021 @ 12:35 PM
link   
a reply to: TheGreazel

That's true I never thought about them just damaging the run way. What do you think the taliban are holding back for realistically what could America do if they attacked?

posted on Aug, 17 2021 @ 12:48 PM
link   
a reply to: misterE12

I think the taliban are holding back to try to give their regime credibility.

The more peacefull on the surface they are the more international recognition they would obtain.

I would say we get our people and the people who helped us out and end all communication.

let the regional players like Iran and Pakistan deal with it.

posted on Aug, 17 2021 @ 12:56 PM
link   
Not very ... smart.
I hope they wont start importing these simple but courageous types into Europe even more now.

posted on Aug, 17 2021 @ 01:53 PM
link   
a reply to: TheGreazel

What's your opinion on china and afghanistan will the taliban play ball or more of the same?

posted on Aug, 17 2021 @ 02:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: angelchemuel
a reply to: TritonTaranis

Hmmmm...that's not PEOPLE trying to escape....it's MEN!
Leaving their women and children at the mercy of the Taliban.....OH OK

Rainbows
Jane

Absolutely agree. Their President fled to avoid "bloodshed'. Yeah, like, his own.

posted on Aug, 17 2021 @ 10:52 PM
link   
a reply to: The2Billies

0bama clearly should have wrapped it up.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join