It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Afghanistan withdraw mismanaged

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 15 2021 @ 07:29 PM
link   
This is opinion, and I fully admit, my knowledge doesn't take other factors into account, so logistically maybe I'm missing something.
But two days ago we knew we needed to send help to evacuate. Yesterday C-130s should have been in the air. Today, they should have landed, loaded, and left Kabul I don't know what goes into making that decision, but I know what it takes to get them in the air. And there should have been alert birds ready if planning is still a thing. It's just frustrating to see that it appears it's too late.

www.foxnews.com...
airport over run with people, some with AK's, so presumably Taliban. Getting out now just became a crisis. It's not a constructive post with all the whataboutism, so sorry for the negativity.

posted on Aug, 15 2021 @ 07:30 PM
link   
a reply to: network dude

Clearly no one is asking the important questions like "Why do they hate us?"

posted on Aug, 15 2021 @ 07:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko

Clearly no one is asking the important questions like "Why do they hate us?"

while that one is something that perhaps should have been on the table over the last 20 years, but right now, at 8:37 EST on August 15th, 2021, a priority situation is getting exponentially worse every minute, and more have the chance of dying when they should not have.

posted on Aug, 15 2021 @ 07:40 PM
link   

20 years in that mountainous dust bowl.

Training the AA, Americanizing a generation of Afghani youth and the Taliban just roles right over all of it with little to no resistance .

Do the People of that country not remember the rule of the Taliban ? It does not make any sense how could the Afghan Army have such little fight in them.

Is it laziness ? Were they really that dependent on the Americans to baby sit them ?

posted on Aug, 15 2021 @ 07:44 PM
link   

Look who is in charge of the country,

The utterly incompetent, completely clueless, irretrievably dysfunctional Biden and his ridiculous gang of goons.

posted on Aug, 15 2021 @ 07:50 PM
link   

What's pissing me off about all of this is that when Trump announced that he wanted to pull the troops home, the leftists berated him for it but as soon as Biden actually did the deed, it's Trump's fault all of a sudden.

Why can't they just be honest and admit that it didn't matter who was prez, the decision was made by the MIC and it stood firm.

posted on Aug, 15 2021 @ 07:57 PM
link   
It's not 'mismanaged ' if you're objective was to let another county into the area for resources, possibly as some kind of a return favor. Might even be a pipeline deal in for it from the Ukraine.

posted on Aug, 15 2021 @ 08:00 PM
link   

posted on Aug, 15 2021 @ 08:07 PM
link   
ABC is running a special right now. I guess Joe is fair game now, because I have not heard Trump once.

posted on Aug, 15 2021 @ 08:09 PM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

US Embassy is smoking now...

posted on Aug, 15 2021 @ 08:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: asabuvsobelow

20 years in that mountainous dust bowl.

Training the AA, Americanizing a generation of Afghani youth and the Taliban just roles right over all of it with little to no resistance .

Do the People of that country not remember the rule of the Taliban ? It does not make any sense how could the Afghan Army have such little fight in them.

Is it laziness ? Were they really that dependent on the Americans to baby sit them ?

They're scared. I'm sure the Taliban would go after families of the Afghan army. They are at home.

posted on Aug, 15 2021 @ 08:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: Ahabstar

US Embassy is smoking now...

The Taliban must have elected a new pope.

posted on Aug, 15 2021 @ 08:13 PM
link   

The narrative is on repeat. Someone forgot to change it up a bit.

posted on Aug, 15 2021 @ 08:15 PM
link   
Ongoing news feed

posted on Aug, 15 2021 @ 08:17 PM
link   
a reply to: Crackalackin

Army isn’t so much the death sentence...helping the Americans is the death sentence. The contractors. The interpreters. Educated women over the past 20 years.

20 years, $1+ Trillion of nation building, 2000+ US troops, 40,000+ civilians...flushed down the toilet. If the GOP takes the House and Senate in 2022....Joe is gone.

posted on Aug, 15 2021 @ 08:18 PM
link   
Mismanaged on purpose as Democrat strategies working hard to get the desired results.

All rigged as the Public gets klobbered 💡

posted on Aug, 15 2021 @ 08:19 PM
link   

Black smoke. New pope is white smoke...Joe sez: Give it a couple hours to blow my scripted National Address that is being asked for right now.

posted on Aug, 15 2021 @ 08:36 PM
link   

I have been told something I cannot confirm. The Afghan army hasn't been paid or fed in a while. If that's true, then this was all planned, money was skimmed, and the result was expected. I hope that's not true, but my gut says it is.

posted on Aug, 15 2021 @ 08:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

www.whitehouse.gov...

Q Mr. President, some Vietnamese veterans see echoes of their experience in this withdrawal in Afghanistan. Do you see any parallels between this withdrawal and what happened in Vietnam, with some people feeling —

THE PRESIDENT: None whatsoever. Zero. What you had is — you had entire brigades breaking through the gates of our embassy — six, if I’m not mistaken.

The Taliban is not the south — the North Vietnamese army. They’re not — they’re not remotely comparable in terms of capability. There’s going to be no circumstance where you see people being lifted off the roof of a embassy in the — of the United States from Afghanistan. It is not at all comparable.

Does anyone still believe 81 million Americans were dumb enough to vote for this lying, pathetic, unqualified, worthless prick of a failing president?

posted on Aug, 15 2021 @ 08:53 PM
link   

A quick meme for you...

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join