It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Taliban have retaken control of Afghanistan.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 15 2021 @ 06:14 PM
link   
The Taliban have entered Kabul and captured the presidential palace. The Afghani president has fled the country. They are changing the name of the country back to the Islamic Emirate of Afghanistan. We spent 20 years and over 2 trillion dollars there and lost thousands of American lives, only for it all to unravel in a week.

The Talbian have retaken control of Afghanistan

After about a weeklong military surge that has led to the Taliban capturing nearly all of Afghanistan, President Ashraf Ghani flew out of the country on Sunday morning, Afghan National Reconciliation Council chief Abdullah Abdullah said in a video, paving the way for the Taliban to take control of Kabul. The American flag at the U.S. Embassy in Kabul was also removed as personnel at the location fled to a nearby airport

I personally don't think we should have left. They were obviously not ready to defend their country.
edit on 15 8 2021 by tamusan because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 15 2021 @ 06:22 PM
link   
a reply to: tamusan

if we see any terrorist training camps turn it into a parking lot . Most will blame Trump but Joe finished the pullout . Wonder if the 3 to 5.000 troops will still go ?

posted on Aug, 15 2021 @ 06:24 PM
link   
It's not about being ready to defend the country.

The problem is the support that the Taliban have, they're seen as saviours. The army won't fight because their 'Jihad' is the same. Its them VS America, now they get to keep all the fancy tech and claim victory..... Ridiculous.

posted on Aug, 15 2021 @ 06:27 PM
link   
The most dishonourable withdrawal from a war that ever there was.

Seriously, Biden, you muppet.

posted on Aug, 15 2021 @ 06:27 PM
link   
Stay for how long? Another 20 years? 50? 100?

The mistake was going at all.

I hope there will be some semblance of peace in Afghanistan now. Poor people have lived in a state of war since 1978.

posted on Aug, 15 2021 @ 06:32 PM
link   
a reply to: Ohanka
I also don't think we should gone at all, but we should have seen it through to the end since we did.

posted on Aug, 15 2021 @ 06:33 PM
link   
For F sakes leave those people alone jesus christ. Taliban doesn’t affect my life here in the states, and I am sure it doesn’t affect others either. Smh

posted on Aug, 15 2021 @ 06:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: tamusan
a reply to: Ohanka
I also don't think we should gone at all, but we should have seen it through to the end since we did.

This was the only ending. Even back in 2011 when the war was “only” 10 years old people knew the Taliban would sweep into power once occupying forces were gone. The Islamic Republic had no popular support and the ANA was always a drug peddling, human-trafficking joke of a military.

Can’t win them all.

posted on Aug, 15 2021 @ 06:40 PM
link   
DS shut the f$$k up.... bite your lip boy.... look at the floor.... breath...ok let's count it off..... 1, 2, 3, 4, (tok tok) 5, 6, 7, exhale, 8, 9, 10....

Yeah...it's a shame....

posted on Aug, 15 2021 @ 06:42 PM
link   
Was hoping for some new be-heading footage during this to help in my de-sensitizing to violence test I'm doing on myself. How is nobody being be-headed or blown to pieces during all this? Has this been a peaceful transition of power? I'm blown away, pun intended. All these years of MSM talking about brutal Islamic violence, was it real? Was it overly propagandized??

posted on Aug, 15 2021 @ 06:43 PM
link   
What a perfect opportunity for TPTB to insert any false flag event in the country of their choosing to propel their agendas on the sheep.

posted on Aug, 15 2021 @ 06:44 PM
link   
Hoping for extreme violence soon, I'm ready for it.

posted on Aug, 15 2021 @ 06:51 PM
link   
Original evacuation date per the Treaty was May 1

Biden Admin changed it to Sept 11

Don't know why 🦃🚬

posted on Aug, 15 2021 @ 07:02 PM
link   
Could the Taliban take the US as easily?

Some states would offer little resistance while waiting on government bailout. This was sort of the premise behind Red Dawn (1984). To strike the heartland, avoiding the bases on the coasts, with conventional warfare. Establishing that foothold with Canadian and Mexican logistical points for resupply and reinforcements. They fought the US to a standstill when the US was far more militant than today.

I think the film has merit as plausible. There would be civilian resistance to contend with that could in theory get military airdrops for upgrade and resupply provided good communication and secure drops could be conducted. But we have weaknesses that can be exploited. Some more severe since the film was released. And some are just as likely to be attacked by disgruntled Americans as enemy saboteurs (but keep calling Jan6 an Insurrection and treating Trump supporters as domestic terrorists...because they would never take advantage of a situation for some payback...nope).

posted on Aug, 15 2021 @ 07:05 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

Them Dems love rubbing $hit on open wounds. Its becoming quite apparent they are obviously blaming the wrong people.

posted on Aug, 15 2021 @ 07:12 PM
link   
a reply to: headcheck

I've read there have been beheadings and other execution's of the afghan army.

posted on Aug, 15 2021 @ 07:27 PM
link   

Unready or just plain unwilling.
Either way, what a waste of life and tax payer money.

Men like Marcus Lutrell, Dakota Meyer, Jacko Wilnick, etc, are most likely furious right now.
What was the point?
If the Afghani people don’t want to take control of their own country, then why should we.
edit on 15-8-2021 by Macenroe82 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 15 2021 @ 07:39 PM
link   

I don't usually like "Vice News", but this video is EXACTLY why it was cake for the taliban to take the whole country back.

ETA: Can't get link to work. Look up "This is what winning looks like" on YouTube. Sorry.

Their people are just not interested in fighting. They would rather be high as a kite and rape little boys.

We should have never been there. Let them rock the neanderthal lifestyle if that's their gig...screw 'em!

My God we wasted so many lives!!!! The quality of military personnel lost is literally choking me up right now..

Their sacrifice was not a waste. I'll never concede to that because the intent was well-meaning. Being a veteran myself, I know it literally, physically hurts to see this occuring.

The Biden Destruction Train just keeps chugging along.

edit on 8/15/2021 by EternalShadow because: attempt to fix link

posted on Aug, 15 2021 @ 07:40 PM
link   
a reply to: EternalShadow

It is Chinas turn now which should finish them off.

posted on Aug, 15 2021 @ 08:24 PM
link   
CBS sources say 10,000 Americans waiting evacuation !!!!😧

top topics

<<   2 >>

join