It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New study suggests: Mild or moderate Covid 19 infection, yields better protection than vaccines...

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 16 2021 @ 02:32 AM
link   
a reply to: beyondknowledge

To some it makes it sound special but it just means less is known about it than other viruses

It also means that the level of immunity in the population is low, if existent at all. This has much to do with the initial responses to the pandemic.

posted on Aug, 16 2021 @ 02:34 AM
link   
"This has much to do with the initial responses to the pandemic."

Could you elaborate on your thoughts here?

posted on Aug, 16 2021 @ 02:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: Phage

No.

But then, I am not a prophet.

You just admitted you are only human. The problem is the many other that will not admit that they are only human and some things they are absolutly certain of are much less than certain.

I, on the other hand, am also only human. I just play an alien or other character at certain conventions.

posted on Aug, 16 2021 @ 02:45 AM
link   
a reply to: flice

Yes.

Existent viruses have been circulating for decades and longer so the immune systems of the population in general have developed (through natural immunity and vaccination) a "recognition" of these viruses. We are prepared to deal with them to a certain degree. But SARS-COV-2 is something new. There was no such priming of the population for it. This presents a very high potential for disaster. Think of it in terms of western colonization of the New World. Diseases which the populations of South America and Pacific Islands had never encountered caused devastation among the native populations because there was little immunity, if any, in the population.

Using that model, there was great reason for worry about consequences.

edit on 8/16/2021 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 16 2021 @ 02:46 AM
link   
a reply to: Phage

Ok. Then why did the experts not explane that they knew nothing about this virus when it first started spreading.

I don't remember any one of them actually saying an honest 'We don't know about this but we have some educated guesses. We will get back to you with answers as we get them." That would have gone a long way to not creating the mistrust some have now.

posted on Aug, 16 2021 @ 02:48 AM
link   

The experts are scientists, not politicians. Don't blame the scientists, they never claim to know everything and they don't set policy. They offer what they know, and don't know.

The media are known for screwing up the actual science, no matter what the topic is. If I find science presented by the media interesting, I look for the sources.

I did not panic in response to what I heard. But I was concerned enough to understand the measures which were taken.

posted on Aug, 16 2021 @ 03:02 AM
link   
a reply to: Phage

I don't have a problem with scientists except the ones that are trying to be politicians like Fauci.

Yes, panic does no good. While I was concerned about the disease itself, I was more concerned about the overreaction of others. Take the toilet paper shortage for an example.

edit on 8 16 2021 by beyondknowledge because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 16 2021 @ 03:05 AM
link   

Fauci was put into a position he didn't seek and he has provided the data which was available to him as it was available, to the politicians mostly. That's the thing about science, it changes as information becomes available. That's the way it works.

posted on Aug, 16 2021 @ 05:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: Xtrozero

originally posted by: rickymouse
Here is something else to consider based on natural immunity. Even without many antibodies, T cell immunity can take care of this virus pretty well, as long as it is not overburdened or suppressed I suppose. The last paragraph of this article talks about how it works. scitechdaily.com... -and-lambda/

How do you get the T/M cells? That is why they call it a neuvo virus... Kind of late if the virus is kicking your ass before your body gets up to speed if ever to tackle it. When people suffocate on the fluids in their lungs that is 100% the virus killing lung cells. All the vaccine does is kick start the immune process so the virus isn't tearing crap up for a week or two before the body is up to speed, accept it or not.

believe it or not, some people recover from this. They mostly live. mostly.

posted on Aug, 16 2021 @ 06:00 AM
link   

Fauci was put into a position he didn't seek and he has provided the data which was available to him as it was available, to the politicians mostly. That's the thing about science, it changes as information becomes available. That's the way it works.

and why anyone who claims "the science is settled" is a true to life idiot.

posted on Aug, 16 2021 @ 01:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: beyondknowledge

The designation 'neuvo virus' just means new virus and nothing more. To some it makes it sound special but it just means less is known about it than other viruses. I am not criticizing you for using it but there is no medical significance I know of.

Well there is as in your body's immune system has zero history of it or like virus, and that is what makes it worst since your body is starting from scratch and has no historical immunization that it does have with the flu even though there are variants.

The death rate was pretty damn bad in the beginning...

posted on Aug, 16 2021 @ 01:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: network dude
believe it or not, some people recover from this. They mostly live. mostly.

Because it is totally new to your immune system you can either do well or it can go south real quick. I have a group of friends that spent weeks in a hospital that are basically healthy people and never had anything like that before.

The key to all this is to prevent that whole going south part of it even though the vast majority will not have that issue.

posted on Aug, 16 2021 @ 01:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xtrozero

originally posted by: beyondknowledge

The designation 'neuvo virus' just means new virus and nothing more. To some it makes it sound special but it just means less is known about it than other viruses. I am not criticizing you for using it but there is no medical significance I know of.

Well there is as in your body's immune system has zero history of it or like virus, and that is what makes it worst since your body is starting from scratch and has no historical immunization that it does have with the flu even though there are variants.

The death rate was pretty damn bad in the beginning...

Amongst the elderly and those with pre existing conditions. Most people were terrified of the images and reports from Spain, but, Spain had an overwhelming large elderly population. The other reason people were terrified in the beginning was the images and reports that came out of China, but what really happened in China, no one will ever know, because they haven't even shared the true numbers even today.

posted on Aug, 16 2021 @ 02:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: themessengernevermatters

Amongst the elderly and those with pre existing conditions. Most people were terrified of the images and reports from Spain, but, Spain had an overwhelming large elderly population. The other reason people were terrified in the beginning was the images and reports that came out of China, but what really happened in China, no one will ever know, because they haven't even shared the true numbers even today.

China only had 4k die...lol It seems they most likely lost millions. I remember reports of bodies stacked in the streets with no place to take them, but the official number is 4k.

I agree with you, but the newness of the virus has been that icing on the cake so to speak that made it much worst than it has turned out to actually be. It's not just about dying, its also about a rather larger percentage of people needing to go to the hospital that would not have if they virus wasn't new, or if people were vaccinated to make the virus no longer new without actually getting it yet.
edit on 16-8-2021 by Xtrozero because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 16 2021 @ 10:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: flice
This is important.

The study followed the subjects over an 8 month period.

Their findings, yet to be peer reviewed, are than because the anti bodies after infection does not only ttarget the spike protein, but also other parts, it is nlt only very durable anti bodies, which plateau after 8 months, but enough to be woken again.
They will also give some protection against variants...

Their study also hints at age playing a factor, meaning, maybe we shouldnt have mass vaccinated everyone. Just those at risk... like so many of us thought before it all began.

Good news!

Have a read

Medrxiv

It's best to PLAY IT SAFE, by getting vaccinated.

Where's all this misinformation and disinformation coming from?

The President of the United States of America told a global TV Audience on July 22, 2021, if you get vaccinated, you are NOT going to contract Covid-19.

Relevant excerpt from a transcript of the Q&A with President Joe Biden:

You’re not going to — you’re not going to get COVID if you have these vaccinations.
Source: www.whitehouse.gov...

President Biden is briefed daily by the smartest medical people he knows.

Over 81 million Americans put Joseph Robinette Biden in office, because they trusted him.

Whoever doesn't believe what their President says on this life & death issue, doesn't understand (or know of) the sacred oath every U.S. President takes, and swears to uphold.

posted on Aug, 18 2021 @ 11:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: flice
This is important.

The study followed the subjects over an 8 month period.

Their findings, yet to be peer reviewed, are than because the anti bodies after infection does not only ttarget the spike protein, but also other parts, it is nlt only very durable anti bodies, which plateau after 8 months, but enough to be woken again.
They will also give some protection against variants...

Their study also hints at age playing a factor, meaning, maybe we shouldnt have mass vaccinated everyone. Just those at risk... like so many of us thought before it all began.

Good news!

Have a read

Medrxiv

You do realise thats how vaccines are made... A weaker form or dead form of the Virus.

Future Vaccinations will be the dead/weakened form of Covid, it's why proper vaccines take 18 months or more to create, todays current vaccines are merely a quick bandaid/plaster in the interim. Also due to the nature and it's mutation rate the vaccines will be akin to the normal "annual" flu jab.

On a positive note I look forward to the wider ramifications of the mRna Vaccines on such things as Cancer etc. etc.

posted on Aug, 21 2021 @ 12:02 AM
link   
I tested negative but I think it's false negative.

I think I have long covid now for almost two years.

These surgical masks have fibers that make me cough in fits.

Lol.

I hope you're right that this gives me immunity with the people I live with because vaccines are extremely hard to come by in my part of the world.

posted on Aug, 21 2021 @ 03:28 AM
link   

What exactly do you mean?

Wasn't it enough of a dead giveaway to you scientists initially called NOVEL coronavirus (ncov)?

That's saying they didn't know about it until then.

It's something new.

posted on Aug, 21 2021 @ 06:36 PM
link   
a reply to: DreamerOracle

You do realise thats how vaccines are made... A weaker form or dead form of the Virus.

On a positive note I look forward to the wider ramifications of the mRna Vaccines on such things as Cancer etc. etc.

You have contradicted yourself. mRNA vaccines contain no viral material. They contain artificial mRNA, designed to be used as a template for ribosomes to create the spike protein.

edit on 8/21/2021 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 21 2021 @ 08:37 PM
link   

a reply to: flice

Yes.

Existent viruses have been circulating for decades and longer so the immune systems of the population in general have developed (through natural immunity and vaccination) a "recognition" of these viruses. We are prepared to deal with them to a certain degree. But SARS-COV-2 is something new. There was no such priming of the population for it. This presents a very high potential for disaster. Think of it in terms of western colonization of the New World. Diseases which the populations of South America and Pacific Islands had never encountered caused devastation among the native populations because there was little immunity, if any, in the population.

Using that model, there was great reason for worry about consequences.

Since Bertoletti and his colleagues found that healthy people who have not been previously infected with SARS-CoV-2 have detectable T cells for the virus, experts think that exposure to other common, seasonal coronaviruses has induced the production of long-lasting T cells that may also be good at detecting the novel coronavirus.

abcnews.go.com...
edit on 21-8-2021 by SeventhChapter because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join