It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Covid Propaganda Case Study

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:
+11 more 
posted on Aug, 15 2021 @ 11:28 AM
link   
I've long stated that the public is suffering from mass hysteria in regards to Covid. Many of us have pointed out that the media is creating fear in an uneducated public by publishing misleading headlines which are construed as fact while often omitting any context of relative risk or other information which might make Covid seem less serious.

Here is a good example. It is clear there has been some directive to scare people about the "Delta Variant" and that it is worse, particularly among young people. This seems to be an effort to keep things going in regards to the mask mandates and fear. There were a couple of stories debunked where the CDC attempted to make things seem worse in Texas and Florida than they really are.

I saw another article the other day in the Wall Street Journal and couldn't help but chuckle. The headline screams:

New Covid 19 Hospitalizations for 30 to 39 year olds at a Record Rate!

I included a link but the Wall Street Journal is subscription, so might not be able to access full article. Article starts off saying:

Hospitalizations of Covid-19 patients in their 30s have hit a new record, U.S. government data show, a sign of the toll that the highly contagious Delta variant is taking among the unvaccinated.

Thirty-somethings, who are in prime ages for work and parenting, had largely avoided hospital stays for Covid-19 during earlier phases of the pandemic because of their relative good health.

Sounds serious, right? Article then quotes a doctor:

“It means Delta is really bad,” said James Lawler, an infectious-disease physician and co-director of the Global Center for Health Security at the University of Nebraska Medical Center.

The strain is more transmissible, Dr. Lawler said, and studies indicate that infected people can develop more severe illness than from other strains.

The article then states:

The rate at which adults ages 30 to 39 are entering hospitals with Covid-19 reached about 2.5 per 100,000 people as of last Wednesday, according to the latest data from the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention and Department of Health and Human Services, up from the previous peak of roughly 2 per 100,000 people in early January.

So for the slow kids in class... we are now at a record because we went from 2 people per 100,000 30 to 39 being admitted to a hospital to now 2.5 people. Society is on the verge of collapse! Let that sink in folks.

TWO FREAKIN PEOPLE PER 100,000! Put another way.... we went from 20 people per million to 25 people per million being hospitalized due to Covid.

If this is not some sort of sick propaganda campaign I don't know what is. The reality is most people just read the headline and don't actually investigate the data themselves.
edit on 15-8-2021 by Edumakated because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 15 2021 @ 11:32 AM
link   
It's like all the children's hospitals are filling up because ... COVID, but really it's because of all the regular seasonal respiratory viruses that no one got in season because no one went anywhere last year. Are there some COVID kids? Sure. A very few, but they are nothing compared to kids who have rhinovirus (a cold) and RSV (a cold that gets serious in the very young).

posted on Aug, 15 2021 @ 11:33 AM
link   
Yeah, I really don't care for the push on cases. For me, the metric will always be the number of deaths. Without botched nursing home policies, the death rate has dwindled for the most part of a year now. That's why we keep hearing about boosters, the cocktail given to most must not have scrambled the eggs well enough. With the compromised immune systems created by these shots, I'm sure the deaths will come back by winter due to things like flu, adenovirus, rhinkvirus, etc..

posted on Aug, 15 2021 @ 11:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko
It's like all the children's hospitals are filling up because ... COVID, but really it's because of all the regular seasonal respiratory viruses that no one got in season because no one went anywhere last year. Are there some COVID kids? Sure. A very few, but they are nothing compared to kids who have rhinovirus (a cold) and RSV (a cold that gets serious in the very young).

Exactly... and how many scared parents or school boards are aware of the deception? Few....

posted on Aug, 15 2021 @ 11:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: Edumakated
If this is not some sort of sick propaganda campaign I don't know what is. The reality is most people just read the headline and don't actually investigate the data themselves.

I'm going to make plaques with this quote. Let me know if you want one S+F

posted on Aug, 15 2021 @ 11:43 AM
link   
a reply to: Edumakated

It is unfathomable to me that otherwise intelligent people do not see this! Like you, I, too, think there is a sort of mass psychosis in the works that is being aggravated by the media.

Evidently the media are being rewarded in some way by whoever is perpetrating this mass hysteria, or maybe they are a victim of it, too. My guess is there is something in it for them. Ratings?

There are many historical accounts of mass hysteria. Maybe this one is an experiment to see just how far they can take it.

posted on Aug, 15 2021 @ 11:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: queenofswords

It is unfathomable to me that otherwise intelligent people do not see this! Like you, I, too, think there is a sort of mass psychosis in the works that is being aggravated by the media.

Evidently the media are being rewarded in some way by whoever is perpetrating this mass hysteria, or maybe they are a victim of it, too. My guess is there is something in it for them. Ratings?

There are many historical accounts of mass hysteria. Maybe this one is an experiment to see just how far they can take it.

Since operation mocking bird all the media has become propaganda arms of the military and intelligence agencies. They aren't being paid off and they are not being fooled, they are part of the baddies.

posted on Aug, 15 2021 @ 11:54 AM
link   

The thing I don't get is that journalist don't see how absurd some of this stuff is before they publish it? The comments section on WSJ pointed out the same thing I did... the facts don't match the headlines.

posted on Aug, 15 2021 @ 11:54 AM
link   
a reply to: themessengernevermatters

They aren't being paid off and they are not being fooled, they are part of the baddies.

I'm inclined to agree. I wonder how far up the ladder in corporate media one has to go to discover who these agenda-makers are.

posted on Aug, 15 2021 @ 12:08 PM
link   

I just did a thread about Dr. Collins stating that 400 kids have died from covid, and the delta variant is horrible for kids. But I seem to remember hearing that most of the kids, if not all who died, had things like leukemia and other horrible things going on, so covid killing them isn't in the correct context, but works nicely for tugging on heart strings and pushing the agenda.

And nobody questions these people. The pundits who interview them nod in agreement, ask them the softball questions they were told to ask, and that's it.

And we have a large portion of the population egging them on by supporting the obvious propaganda, and shaming you if you do ask a question. I'm afraid this is engineered and the will is to get someone to snap. It's coming, and they will get their poster child of a "crazed right wing white supremacist anti-vaxxer" who shoots up some group of nobodies.

posted on Aug, 15 2021 @ 12:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: network dude

I just did a thread about Dr. Collins stating that 400 kids have died from covid, and the delta variant is horrible for kids. But I seem to remember hearing that most of the kids, if not all who died, had things like leukemia and other horrible things going on, so covid killing them isn't in the correct context, but works nicely for tugging on heart strings and pushing the agenda.

And nobody questions these people. The pundits who interview them nod in agreement, ask them the softball questions they were told to ask, and that's it.

And we have a large portion of the population egging them on by supporting the obvious propaganda, and shaming you if you do ask a question. I'm afraid this is engineered and the will is to get someone to snap. It's coming, and they will get their poster child of a "crazed right wing white supremacist anti-vaxxer" who shoots up some group of nobodies.

Hardly anyone dies of just covid. Recall last year CDC buried that only about 6% of reported deaths is solely just covid. There is always some underlying major condition.

posted on Aug, 15 2021 @ 12:20 PM
link   

“It means Delta is really bad,”

Now that’s some SCIENCE.

I guess that’s all the sheeple need for info these days.

I can only hope that someday, I can speak as scientifically eloquent as this doctor.

Where are they coming up with these morons?
edit on 15-8-2021 by KKLOCO because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 15 2021 @ 12:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: KKLOCO

“It means Delta is really bad,”

Now that’s some SCIENCE.

I guess that’s all the sheeple need for info these days.

I can only hope that someday, I can speak as scientifically elegant as this doctor.

Where are they coming up with these morons?

That same cohort has a great chance of being murdered, dying in car accident, drowning, or any number of other methods of death than dying of Covid or even being hospitalized. Keep in mind, that 2.5 figure was HOSPITALIZATION not death.

posted on Aug, 15 2021 @ 12:26 PM
link   

a reply to: themessengernevermatters

They aren't being paid off and they are not being fooled, they are part of the baddies.

I'm inclined to agree. I wonder how far up the ladder in corporate media one has to go to discover who these agenda-makers are.

I wonder as well, but it really doesn't have to go father then the owners and the editors. They are the ones that decide what stories to run and which ones to pull.

Also they decide which reporters, anchors and talking heads to keep or let go. The rest can be controlled by natural selection; quickly realising what opinions and stories will get you in career trouble.
edit on 15-8-2021 by themessengernevermatters because: addition

posted on Aug, 15 2021 @ 12:28 PM
link   
You know what is crazy, we keep seeing more and more people being censored or completely prohibited on social media, almost 1 or 2 stories a week, and the masses have come to accept this as the NORM!!

We can now expect all mainstream narratives to continue with less voices to challenge.

posted on Aug, 15 2021 @ 12:30 PM
link   

Yup, they've been doing this all over the world.

Either they just blatantly lie, or they omit critical information that would make you question their narrative.

We're heading into dark times.

People are sucking up the BS from MSM and shaming those who don't toe the line.

No one is changing their minds at this point and that's exactly what they want.

They hope it kicks off.

posted on Aug, 15 2021 @ 12:36 PM
link   
a reply to: MykeNukem

“No one is changing their minds at this point”

I beg to differ.

Just give the vaccines more time.

Unfortunately, you can’t undo the jab.

posted on Aug, 15 2021 @ 12:36 PM
link   

Why do you think they're trying to get rid of math?

COVID propaganda really only works if you can't do basic, grade school level arithmetic and lack a basic grasp of the size and distribution of human populations.

posted on Aug, 15 2021 @ 12:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: Edumakated
I've long stated that the public is suffering from mass hysteria in regards to Covid. Many of us have pointed out that the media is creating fear in an uneducated public by publishing misleading headlines which are construed as fact while often omitting any context of relative risk or other information which might make Covid seem less serious.

Here is a good example. It is clear there has been some directive to scare people about the "Delta Variant" and that it is worse, particularly among young people. This seems to be an effort to keep things going in regards to the mask mandates and fear. There were a couple of stories debunked where the CDC attempted to make things seem worse in Texas and Florida than they really are.

I saw another article the other day in the Wall Street Journal and couldn't help but chuckle. The headline screams:

New Covid 19 Hospitalizations for 30 to 39 year olds at a Record Rate!

I included a link but the Wall Street Journal is subscription, so might not be able to access full article. Article starts off saying:

Hospitalizations of Covid-19 patients in their 30s have hit a new record, U.S. government data show, a sign of the toll that the highly contagious Delta variant is taking among the unvaccinated.

Thirty-somethings, who are in prime ages for work and parenting, had largely avoided hospital stays for Covid-19 during earlier phases of the pandemic because of their relative good health.

Sounds serious, right? Article then quotes a doctor:

“It means Delta is really bad,” said James Lawler, an infectious-disease physician and co-director of the Global Center for Health Security at the University of Nebraska Medical Center.

The strain is more transmissible, Dr. Lawler said, and studies indicate that infected people can develop more severe illness than from other strains.

The article then states:

The rate at which adults ages 30 to 39 are entering hospitals with Covid-19 reached about 2.5 per 100,000 people as of last Wednesday, according to the latest data from the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention and Department of Health and Human Services, up from the previous peak of roughly 2 per 100,000 people in early January.

So for the slow kids in class... we are now at a record because we went from 2 people per 100,000 30 to 39 being admitted to a hospital to now 2.5 people. Society is on the verge of collapse! Let that sink in folks.

TWO FREAKIN PEOPLE PER 100,000! Put another way.... we went from 20 people per million to 25 people per million being hospitalized due to Covid.

Perfect illustration of how creative writing can dress up bland data and manipulate public sentiment.

The pandemic is being used as a trial program for implementing societal control on a global scale.

I've been to several large-scale public events in the past several weeks. CASH IS NO LONGER ACCEPTED AS PAYMENT IN MANY SPORTING VENUES, SHOWS, RESORTS, ETC. I guess they're blaming it on "germs". It doesn't impact me personally, but I know there are segments of the population that don't participate or minimally participate in the banking system, and pay for almost everything in cash. Just FYI, this payment model is being forced off the road, and IMO the pandemic is being used as a cover to implement this.

Major, sweeping changes are reshaping how people in Western democratic countries work, spend leisure time, buy goods and services, and even acquire healthcare, and yet our media either ignores it or spins it as 100% positive.

If people only get their view of the world from MSM and haven't been venturing outside their homes & towns since the pandemic, be prepared for some very jarring shifts when you finally break quarantine.

posted on Aug, 15 2021 @ 12:42 PM
link   

It is not the media or the news anymore and hasn't been for quite some time.

What we call the media or news today is nothing more than payed advertisements and pr for the globalists.

24/7 advertising and pr. 0 news. Just what to buy and think about brands. Whether those brands be globalist individuals, governments, organizations or those they oppose it doesn't matter. All that matters is that they get paid to market those brands and convince us to buy them or not.

It's not the news anymore hence they don't ask important questions. They just sell, sell, sell for the globalists who pay their salaries.

Don't believe me? Just watch the 5 o'clock news and ask yourself is this any more informative or less pushy than a 2am infomercial?

You could call it infotainment, but even that is a misnomer. For that to be true it would have to be informative and entertaining, but most "news" broadcasts are neither.

Just ask yourself, "what are they trying to sell me in this segment?" and it becomes obvious.

Today they are selling masks, vaccines, and Joe Biden. Same products they were selling 12 months ago. Just new angles and inducements like all the rest of the infomercial sales pitches on qvc.

They want us to buy now, but are willing to make their offer sweeter over time like all infomercials, at least until they are told to move on and start selling the next must have brand.

Wear your mask, get vaccinated, and trust that Joe Biden is your legitimate president....oh wait this just in....drink more ovaltine!

I swear wwII propaganda posters from the 1930's and 40's were better camouflaged as media than what passes for a news broadcast today.

I find CRT to be just as foolish and offensive now as I found the bucktoothed large eye glass wearing portrayels of the Japanese in the bugs bunny cartoons of wwII.

The fact that people havn't laughed in the face of these comicly obvious attempts to sell us this bullsnip and call it news or mass media is what scares me the most.

It is so obvious once you look that you either laugh, or hold your head and cry for the poor fools who buy it hook line and sinker.

I choose to laugh, and boy howdy there is no shortage of material.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join