It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New Research Shows Philippine Indigenous Group Has Most Denisovan DNA

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 15 2021 @ 05:13 AM
link   
It was not that long ago people had never heard of the Denisovans much less spell that linage ! Anyone who has been to the Philippines and away from some of the major cities will be amazed at some of the different looking people the PI has.

We were trained mostly by the Negritos in Jungle Survival and I really was impressed. They were the ones who basically lived off the land during WW2 and fought the Japanese with hand made , knives, swords, Bamboo Bow and arrows, and some smart booby traps. They are a proud people and I do not blame them.

You travel Asia or the islands in Micronesia and no telling what else the geneticists might find IMO ?

A small indigenous group surviving on the Bataan Peninsula on the Philippine island of Luzon has more Denisovan DNA than any other ethnic population in the world.

That is the conclusion of an international team of evolutionary geneticists, led by Maximilian Larena and Mattias Jakobsson from Uppsala University in Sweden, who recently finished examining more than 2.3 million genetic samples taken from 118 Philippine Island ethnic groups. Writing in the latest edition of the journal Current Biology , the scientists explain that they were searching for answers about humanity’s complex and fascinating evolutionary past, including the truth about its interrelationships with its hominin cousins, the Neanderthals and the Denisovans.

Out of this exhaustive study, the most remarkable finding to emerge is the discovery that members of a Philippine ethnic group known as the Ayta Magbukon inherited about five percent of their genes from the fabled Denisovans. This mysterious species of hominin was closely related to the Neanderthals and more distantly related to modern humans , and has only been detected in the fossil record in the faintest of traces.

www.ancient-origins.net...

posted on Aug, 15 2021 @ 06:15 AM
link   
hey sky i too went through the jungle survival in the PI. I guess you were in the Air Force

posted on Aug, 15 2021 @ 06:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: musicismagic
hey sky i too went through the jungle survival in the PI. I guess you were in the Air Force

I was flying but not for the air force.. We were flying in Laos without dog tags and no I.D. (as if that would fool then !) as the Chinese were building a super highway to Vientiane, which the big boys in the puzzle palace were very interested in . It was not just the highway either as the Chinese had placed an anti aircraft battalion (or 2 )with radar guided triple A and even a few SAMs; we were able to gather the frequencies of the air defense stuff. We knew most of this because of our briefing and the system we had on the aircraft that alerted us when we were being tracked by their air defense and the direction from which the lock-on was tracking us. .. in hindsight they wanted us to either die when shot down or walk several hundred miles to a safe place. The survival school was a feel good Op as no one was going to come and get us and I doubt anyone could walk out of that area without capture if you survived the shoot down .. Remember back then (1973/74) we were not officially in Laos... hahaha

posted on Aug, 15 2021 @ 07:05 AM
link   
yep! that's my time period too

posted on Aug, 15 2021 @ 11:38 AM
link   
a reply to: 727Sky

I was USAF June 70-74 but the closest I made it to Southeast Asia was a years tour of duty to Iceland. LOL

I did make a TDY to Lakenheath, England where we flew our C-130s down to Insurlick, Turkey for a 3 day NATO exercise.
edit on 15-8-2021 by CharlesT because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 20 2021 @ 10:42 PM
link   
a reply to: 727Sky

We are AL being Lie to by Establishment Science ..................

top topics

join