It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

PSA Get your Stuff in order now

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:
+10 more 
posted on Aug, 15 2021 @ 01:08 AM
link   
Friendly public service announcement.

Forget about Covid, there is a lot of stuff going on in the world right now.
If you want to start prepping, stocking, whatever you need to do to prepare, now is probably a good time before you absolutely have to!

Here are things going down:

Chinas Ports are shutting down - product shortage again, higher prices are already creeping in the stores.
Unrest in the Middle East - You KNOW what that mean, Higher gas prices for everyone. Doesn’t matter if it has anything to do with gas or not, any problems in the ME = High Gas!

Prediction of upcoming violence due to politics/masking etc - get ready for riots, news fear mongering etc. I’ve seen several articles about this, either they are trying to egg people on, or they know something we don’t know.

Localized supply chain disruptions due to trucking etc. - In my area it’s really weird things like dog food, dish detergent, and spices. Spices is really weird because we have huge warehouses in Milwaukee that are spice hubs, but I assume it is a logistics issues. Some places are limiting spices.
Clothing - I have daughters, clothing selections are getting slimmer. My suggestion is to be sure to have enough of the basics, socks/unders and heavy wear. Have you noticed that prices online are really creeping up too.

Looming Evictions - Man, they have kicked this can down the road it seems like it is going to go on forever, but it’s not. At some point people are going to get the boot, and it’s going to be U-G-L-Y! Does this mean more homeless? Does this mean weird things are going to happen with the housing market? Who knows, but something is coming! In my area people are noticing more random crime, weird people coming to the door in the middle of the night. If you ever were going to get a security camera, now is probably the time. Means to self defend probably wouldn’t hurt either!

My little tip, instead of buying so much to stock, also learn to make some stuff and get BOOKS now.
As far as making stuff here’s a simple example. Cloth rags are inexpensive but don’t last very long and most aren’t very good. I’ve sewn some using terry cloth and flannel and no joke they last about 15 years and actually still look good. These rags are good for a number of things, replacement paper towels, baby diaper etc. Planned obsolescence is real and they are getting better at making things disintegrate. Just try and make some stuff and see how long it lasts compared to purchased items, you’ll be shocked!

Stay safe everyone!

edit on 15-8-2021 by JAGStorm because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 15 2021 @ 01:12 AM
link   
a reply to: JAGStorm

Just wanted to comment on the rags, lol.

My wife crochet's dishclothes (multi-layer) and they last forever and are easy to clean.

posted on Aug, 15 2021 @ 01:19 AM
link   
Yay!
Panic buying!

posted on Aug, 15 2021 @ 01:21 AM
link   
i figure i`ll just run with all my guns and amoo and minimal food and water until i find a prepper community and they will welcome me and my family with open arms as long as i have enough guns and ammo.

+25 more 
posted on Aug, 15 2021 @ 01:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: Phage
Yay!
Panic buying!

Planning ahead is the exact opposite of panic.

posted on Aug, 15 2021 @ 01:24 AM
link   

I know.

I had plenty of toilet paper last year. Never had to worry about the empty shelves.

posted on Aug, 15 2021 @ 01:24 AM
link   
a reply to: Phage
what are you trying to say? don`t be afraid just say it.

+9 more 
posted on Aug, 15 2021 @ 01:26 AM
link   
My heart is so heavy to see how right I was in 2008 when Obama was elected, I sensed it then, how little I knew how right I'd be. I remember begging family, friends to listen to me back then that we were on this road of destruction, loss of freedom, and more. Around 2016 people finally started to wake up, now the deep state thinks it is going to punish us for attempting to remove their shackles. This is where we are. They are committing an actionable felonies against the American people, let us convene a grand jury against them and charge them with the appropriate felonies and treason. This is what must be done if you want to avoid a revolution. These people need to be arrested, charged, and sentenced for their crimes, there are many.

posted on Aug, 15 2021 @ 01:27 AM
link   

I know.

I had plenty of toilet paper last year. Never had to worry about the empty shelves.

Our area never was out of tp, we always had it, they did put limits on it during the beginning. However now we are out of certain dog food, some bottled water and other items, like completely empty shelves for weeks on end.

posted on Aug, 15 2021 @ 01:28 AM
link   

Weird. Not here.
And this is an island. But I do need to refresh my hurricane kit. Hard with a broken foot though.

edit on 8/15/2021 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 15 2021 @ 01:29 AM
link   
real men wipe their asses with tree leaves if you need toilet paper you`re not a real survivalist.

posted on Aug, 15 2021 @ 01:32 AM
link   

living on an island if you aren`t a survivalist is sure death. hopefully yours will be quick and painless.
edit on Sun, 15 Aug 2021 01:33:44 -050044vp226x2021-08-15T01:33:44-05:00 by rsvpzxc because: added more

posted on Aug, 15 2021 @ 01:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: rsvpzxc
real men wipe their asses with tree leaves if you need toilet paper you`re not a real survivalist.

Well since I’m not a man…….
I can guarantee my survivalist skills are up to par…
One of the first books my father gave me was his Army survival manual, I was around 6 years old. In addition he actually taught me survival skills.
In addition to that, my mom grew up without electricity or running water and caught/ foraged for 100% of her food, so YEAH, I’d say I would do alright.

PS. Tree leaves are HORRIBLE toilet paper, Mullein is much nicer!

posted on Aug, 15 2021 @ 01:37 AM
link   
you go and do it,i`m old i`m just going to roll over and die this a young persons world they need to fight for what they want.i`m just going to spit in the face of the executioneer that hangs me.

edit on Sun, 15 Aug 2021 01:39:23 -050023vp226x2021-08-15T01:39:23-05:00 by rsvpzxc because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 15 2021 @ 01:57 AM
link   
China ports are partially closed as of now...but that's good info, thanks.

I think we're going to see a lot of houseless people on the streets everywhere and in pain suffering. I think there will be a lot of robbery attempts at small businesses. More shootings too. The anti-vaxx protestors I don't think are going to get very large because there's more people who are vaccinated.

I don't think all hell will break loose though. I think that buzz going around is a selling point to the conspiracy.

posted on Aug, 15 2021 @ 01:59 AM
link   
a reply to: game over man

Ports? Plural?

Or is it one port partially closed? It will no doubt have an effect on supply chains which just starting to recover, but keeping things in perspective is usually a good approach.
edit on 8/15/2021 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 15 2021 @ 02:05 AM
link   
it doesnt matter the corporations will milk it and raise prices, since everything i s made in china,just be a man and face it you are going to die on that islanad.

edit on Sun, 15 Aug 2021 02:32:59 -050059vp226x2021-08-15T02:32:59-05:00 by rsvpzxc because: (no reason given)

edit on Sun, 15 Aug 2021 02:33:34 -050034vp226x2021-08-15T02:33:34-05:00 by rsvpzxc because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 15 2021 @ 02:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: rsvpzxc
.i`m just going to spit in the face of the executioneer that hangs me.

I like it.......if caught so will I.

Won't be long now before we sort the men from the boys....Don't wipe your azz with leaves it's dangerous, but the analogy is credible.

posted on Aug, 15 2021 @ 02:18 AM
link   
a reply to: CthruU
amen brother, i`m old and ornery i served my country i can`t fight anymore but i will never forget my oath to my country they can come and get me and i`ll spit in their face while they hang me, # you , i`m an honorable man you are pigs pull the rope assholes. i don`t want to live with you assholes anyway.

edit on Sun, 15 Aug 2021 02:19:59 -050059vp226x2021-08-15T02:19:59-05:00 by rsvpzxc because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 15 2021 @ 03:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: JAGStorm

Yay!
Panic buying!

Planning ahead is the exact opposite of panic.

He lives in a volcano.. everything is fine..

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join