It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is anyone else seeing a frightening rise in this kind of talk?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+34 more 
posted on Aug, 14 2021 @ 08:32 PM
link   
Over the last couple of weeks as I have been traversing social media I am starting to see an alarming rise in people openly calling for the unvaccinated to be separated from others, being refused health care, cease to be employed and even downright killing us or allowing us to die.
What is truly startling is the glee they seem to express in brazenly stating these things and other people are agreeing with them!

I mean this is the sort of stuff I would imagine would have been common place in 1930's Germany.
How as a society have we fallen so far that it is now seemingly acceptable to voice such abhorrent opinions in the open.
How do we deal with people whose mindset has been so thoroughly poisoned that this is their new norm.
I do find myself thinking that these are the ones that the government set out to condition the most, if enough of the citizens they serve start calling for this en mass then who are they to refuse all in the name of "safety". They are weaponising us against eachother all to serve a far darker purpose which in the end will only benefit them. Now this may be the ramblings of a mad woman but this is where my gut sits on this.

I am wondering if anyone else had noticed this recently?

I am also trying to link some screenshots I have saved as examples of what I have seen recently but can't figure it out. I will keep trying.

MC

+11 more 
posted on Aug, 14 2021 @ 08:33 PM
link   
a reply to: Mysterychic88

Some people might feel that way. But you know there are things like trolls and bots on the internet. Right? Often they mean to elicit exactly your reaction.

edit on 8/14/2021 by Phage because: (no reason given)

+4 more 
posted on Aug, 14 2021 @ 08:38 PM
link   
a reply to: Phage agreed of course there are people on social media who will say these things just to get a rise out of people, but some of these are professionals which I am finding all the more bizarre. One ironically was a history teacher and another teacher was calling for the unvaccinated to be exterminated in order to save those who had taken the jab. These didn't seem like your everyday trolls. There are even some celebrity's and politicians now voicing similar opinions

MC

+4 more 
posted on Aug, 14 2021 @ 08:39 PM
link   

History repeats itself, when humanity do not learn from their mistakes, is a brainwashing going on the weak minded.

Fear is a powerful tool in the hands of the tyrants.

We humans may consider ourselves civilized, but people forget that we are nothing but animals.

+2 more 
posted on Aug, 14 2021 @ 08:39 PM
link   

www.blacklistednews.com...

I am very much noticing it.

posted on Aug, 14 2021 @ 08:41 PM
link   
a reply to: Cancerwarrior thanks for adding that link I will take a look. Wish i could figure out how to add the screenshots from my phone as some of them have been outright scary

MC

link   

One ironically was a history teacher and another teacher was calling for the unvaccinated to be exterminated in order to save those who had taken the jab.

That doesn't sound very credible. Actually. It sounds like exactly what I was talking about.

+17 more 
link   

originally posted by: Phage

Some people might feel that way. But you know there are things like trolls and bots on the internet. Right? Often they mean to elicit exactly your reaction.

They also mean to make people think this is an acceptable way to think and be and try to make everyone think that if they disagree they're like the one man not saluting Hitler in the photo, too.

It's all about pushing an agenda. You know it is when they persist in saying that only rural white folks won't get vaccinated but urban BIPOC are even less likely to want to get vaccinated than rural whites.

posted on Aug, 14 2021 @ 08:43 PM
link   
a reply to: marg6043 I could not agree more. It certainly seems like at the moment we are slipping into repeating some of those mistakes which led to horrific atrocities not even a century ago. Genuinely makes me wonder where we will be in 6 months time

MC

posted on Aug, 14 2021 @ 08:44 PM
link   
The internet has done a good job of bringing out all the fruitcakes.

posted on Aug, 14 2021 @ 08:46 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko this is exactly it. It seems to be acceptable now to say these things aslong as your only saying it to those of us who have chosen not to take the jab. Sadly we are fair game at the moment. There is a strange peer pressure kind of vibe about it

MC

+25 more 
posted on Aug, 14 2021 @ 08:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: Mysterychic88
a reply to: ketsuko this is exactly it. It seems to be acceptable now to say these things aslong as your only saying it to those of us who have chosen not to take the jab. Sadly we are fair game at the moment. There is a strange peer pressure kind of vibe about it

MC

It's that way about several groups though.

You can slander rural folks, white folks, Trump voters, Christians, straight folks, and now you can also slander those who do not vaccinate. In the minds of some, all of these things are the same person because the press creates that impression, but the people in these groups are many and varied in reality.

+4 more 
posted on Aug, 14 2021 @ 08:48 PM
link   
a reply to: Cancerwarrior
This quote hit the nail on the head!

This level of extremism deeply alarms me.

We put terrorists on the “no-fly list”.

Now they want to treat unvaccinated people the same way?

That should chill all of us to the core.

MC

posted on Aug, 14 2021 @ 08:49 PM
link   
a reply to: ussmidway it sure has

MC

posted on Aug, 14 2021 @ 08:50 PM
link   
Talk is cheap and the internet is full of keyboard rambo`s I wouldn`t fret about it too much.

posted on Aug, 14 2021 @ 08:50 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

You can slander...

The OP seems to be talking about libel. But I suppose that the antivaccine group never resorts to that. So no worries. I've never been called a shill (or worse).

posted on Aug, 14 2021 @ 08:51 PM
link   
a reply to: marg6043

Or is "Oh I have had the shot now I am not that sure I did the right thing, so I'll drag a few more down with me. why should those bastards get off scot-free" Stressed people are problematic? If someone says "Have you had the Jab", just say "Yes it was great".

posted on Aug, 14 2021 @ 08:52 PM
link   
a reply to: rsvpzxc that is the one things that I try and keep in my mind when I see these disheartening posts tbh

MC

posted on Aug, 14 2021 @ 08:53 PM
link   
Phage, I have seen similar things. I'd prefer that it be many bots! But, didn't someone program them to say such hateful things? Why? What is the end game? What is the goal for causing divide and distrust of fellow humans?

posted on Aug, 14 2021 @ 08:57 PM
link   

I have the same problem. The phone adds an extra letter to the .jpg designation. I have to transfer my photos from my phone to my pc before they will upload.

Certain people tend to just follow blindly once they decide to follow someone or a group or an idea. They no longer question what and why they are doing something as long as they are told or think it is for their 'cause' what ever that is. They have so much invested in following that they cannot question because they might be wrong. If they are wrong, they have wasted a big portion of their life, or their money or both. Cults work this way.

edit on 8 14 2021 by beyondknowledge because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join