It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Logic vs CRT, Identity Politics and Modern Feminism

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 13 2021 @ 08:27 PM
link   
This is a week old now, didn't see a thread on this so thought it might be something ATS would get a laugh at.

Logic heads a round table debate with Critical Race Theory, Identity Politics and the modern incarnation of Feminism.

It goes about as well as you probably expect but it's pretty funny.

edit on 13/8/2021 by dug88 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 13 2021 @ 08:48 PM
link   
Yeah ... I got nothing.

So true it hurts.

posted on Aug, 13 2021 @ 09:12 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

Yeah...satire is pretty much non existant these days I figure. This entire world has become a satire of what I remember reality being.

posted on Aug, 13 2021 @ 09:33 PM
link   
a reply to: dug88

Yeah, that's not actually Feminism. If it doesn't center women (and men with autogynephilic fetishes are not women no matter how much mascara they wear), then it isn't Feminism.

1 Reason Everyday Feminism Is Bad For Women : In this video Magdalen Berns will present a critique of "Everyday Feminism"’s neoliberal re-branding of feminism as a "movement to end all oppression" rather than a movement for women’s liberation.

posted on Aug, 13 2021 @ 10:09 PM
link   
a reply to: DashVol

Third wave feminism is what's leading the charge, and that it very clearly it.

posted on Aug, 14 2021 @ 12:36 AM
link   
Oh, future US President Meghan and her ginger poodle?
edit on 14-8-2021 by halfoldman because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 14 2021 @ 01:07 AM
link   
Am I being nasty?
Yes you are.
But that is the foundation of good humor.

posted on Aug, 14 2021 @ 01:33 AM
link   
a reply to: DashVol

Yeah..i've spent time around women I would consider actual feminists. Women, who make their own decisions about whether to work and make money or be a stay at home mom or whatever based on their own thoughts and morals, don't care about gender politics and that kind of stuff.

Then again, they're not really feminists...they're like any man out there making their own decisions, living free whatever...they're just people who act as free humans.

They were people who believed in freedom and equal treatment for all. much like the early anti racist movements.

It wasn't about special treatment or denigrating anyone else...it was just about being recognized as human and the freedom to live as a human.

Which, no matter who you are, whatever bull# you subscribe to should be what you want...just to be human, for everyone to be treated as humans based on the way they act and such...not some innate # that can't be changed.
edit on 14/8/2021 by dug88 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 14 2021 @ 08:33 AM
link   

I would say I am likely in that category of feminist, but I wouldn't want the label applied to me because of the harpies that normally wear it today.

When our son was young, I mostly stayed home with him because that's when little kiddos need. Now he's 10, so I'm back in office all day. But since husband is pretty much home all the time working now, it's not a big deal.

I practice a martial art and stay physically fit, and I'm not afraid to mix it up sparring with whoever my partner is, man or woman. I enjoy the rough and tumble and the chance to be aggressive.

I don't voluntarily wear dresses or skirts unless the occasion really demands, and makeup is minimal because I just don't like it. I also transferred the usual female shoe fetish to books.

posted on Aug, 14 2021 @ 09:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko

I would say I am likely in that category of feminist, but I wouldn't want the label applied to me because of the harpies that normally wear it today.

When our son was young, I mostly stayed home with him because that's when little kiddos need. Now he's 10, so I'm back in office all day. But since husband is pretty much home all the time working now, it's not a big deal.

I practice a martial art and stay physically fit, and I'm not afraid to mix it up sparring with whoever my partner is, man or woman. I enjoy the rough and tumble and the chance to be aggressive.

I don't voluntarily wear dresses or skirts unless the occasion really demands, and makeup is minimal because I just don't like it. I also transferred the usual female shoe fetish to books.

And all the choices existence has to offer are on a silver platter before us, as they should be. Your selective choices off of said platter worked well for you, as mine have for me. I can't think of any better way to go about life than A La Carte there

I'd like to think that coming to the Do As Ye Will point regarding what makes others happiest personally, and accepting them, isn't so much "feminism", as it is "having succeeded in growing up". Being beyond these activism labels, highly subjective & often arbitrary complaints and demands, etc.

Growing past that divisionary baloney really should be the end-goal, anything else feels like going backwards, only in a mirrored way against the other half. And obviously, it palpably is.

posted on Aug, 14 2021 @ 03:06 PM
link   
a reply to: Nyiah

To me, most activism these days has pushed beyond just wanting to do what *I* want into forcing others to do what you want them to just as much as anything.

top topics

join