It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

White Lights in Total Darkness

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 13 2021 @ 06:25 PM
link   
I'm sure many people are familiar with mirror gazing. It is an ancient scrying technique and has seen modern resurgence in modern psychology books. The ritual requires dim light, which allows for myriad explanations based on light.

Orbs, similarly, typically occur in dim or bright light. The nature of most orb captures also allows for many possible explanations. What of orbs in a pitch black environment, though?

Many examples of dim light mirror rituals can be found. The only example of full darkness orbs I found on the internet is this: Poker player hallucinates orbs in pitch black

In this instance the mirrors were covered but after days he saw small white bubble-like lights.

A mirror gazing ritual in a pitch black room will also produce these lights, from my experience, though in minutes and not days. Perhaps the mirrors being covered was significant.

I can not think of a rational explanation for these lights and they manifest consistently. Decades ago I had friends sit in with me and they saw them as well. The problem is, if they are something, then what is their purpose for appearing in darkness, especially in mirrors?

This is a subject very dear to me. Most paranormal things I encounter I can think of a rational explanation for, but not this. I do hope there is one, too. If anyone has anything to add I would be happy to read them.

posted on Aug, 14 2021 @ 12:21 AM
link   

posted on Aug, 14 2021 @ 01:36 AM
link   
Supernatural "floaters"?
Could these be connected to photographic orbs?

posted on Aug, 14 2021 @ 06:36 AM
link   
I would suggest you stop scrying immediately.....worst than ouija board....face to face with DECEIVING and EVIL spirits. Great way for fast possession...does not take weeks (normal) with scrying it can take place with first scrying....

Scrying is black magik.

You are playing with fire. They will turn on you......everytime.

a reply to: Naytral

posted on Aug, 14 2021 @ 05:57 PM
link   
a reply to: Akaspeedy

Moody's book on psychomanteum is what I meant by modern books on mirror scrving, correct.

posted on Aug, 14 2021 @ 06:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: halfoldman
Supernatural "floaters"?
Could these be connected to photographic orbs?

They do seem to float, but they appear in the absence of light, with or without cameras.

posted on Aug, 14 2021 @ 06:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: DeathSlayer
I would suggest you stop scrying immediately.....worst than ouija board....face to face with DECEIVING and EVIL spirits. Great way for fast possession...does not take weeks (normal) with scrying it can take place with first scrying....

Scrying is black magik.

I do appreciate your concern. Unfortunately, as the article shows, these things appear whenever it is black around someone. Also I have done this for decades, as I alluded to, and I am not possessed. Do you have evidence to the contrary?

My purpose is a discussion on what the lights could be. Do you have any evidence they are evil or spirits? How did you determine they were? How do you know they deceive? I am genuinely curious as I have never seen them do anything substantial.

I appreciate the response, but "I don't know what it is, therefore it's evil" is a lame avoidance tactic.

posted on Aug, 15 2021 @ 04:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: Naytral
I'm sure many people are familiar with mirror gazing. It is an ancient scrying technique and has seen modern resurgence in modern psychology books. The ritual requires dim light, which allows for myriad explanations based on light.

Orbs, similarly, typically occur in dim or bright light. The nature of most orb captures also allows for many possible explanations. What of orbs in a pitch black environment, though?

Many examples of dim light mirror rituals can be found. The only example of full darkness orbs I found on the internet is this: Poker player hallucinates orbs in pitch black

In this instance the mirrors were covered but after days he saw small white bubble-like lights.

A mirror gazing ritual in a pitch black room will also produce these lights, from my experience, though in minutes and not days. Perhaps the mirrors being covered was significant.

I can not think of a rational explanation for these lights and they manifest consistently. Decades ago I had friends sit in with me and they saw them as well. The problem is, if they are something, then what is their purpose for appearing in darkness, especially in mirrors?

This is a subject very dear to me. Most paranormal things I encounter I can think of a rational explanation for, but not this. I do hope there is one, too. If anyone has anything to add I would be happy to read them.

I always believed the orbs were people's spirits wandering about. There was a video where a son recorded his dad's passing and an orb came down from the roof, like a spirit floating down to him, then another came from his chest and they floated away together. Or are these orbs you mention different, as you state black orbs. In the videos they're mostly white. Although it does more often than not be in night mode where it would show the colour in opposite.

I'm interested in scrying as I've heard it mentioned but never looked into it. Do you ever get visions or the like, is it a form of meditation?

Are you a wizard?

posted on Aug, 15 2021 @ 05:19 PM
link   
a reply to: RoryRahl23

No, not a wizard.

I think visions and such are dim light hallucinations. I am talking about no light white orb-lights. I don't think I said "black orbs".

There are many videos of orbs as you speak of in dim or bright light. Was the video you saw in total darkness?

posted on Aug, 15 2021 @ 06:24 PM
link   
The father and son was during daytime, but I've seen many more and they have been during the night. There were also haunted homes showing orbs floating about before interacting with lights and such.

How do you feel when you see them, is there a sense of presence or do you just think they're optical illusions?

A couple years ago in my old house I would wake sometimes in the dark and I would see similar to what you mention, flitting shapes in the corners of my vision, but it mostly felt like a trick of my eyes more than a presence. Though I guess I'm a cynic.

What's the purpose of scrying, if you don't mind me asking? I'll look into it but am interested in hearing it from a practitioner.

posted on Aug, 15 2021 @ 06:52 PM
link   
I would echo Death Slayer's comments about scrying in particular, whether using an obsidian or other type of mirror in dim light, I think you are playing with fire.

However, I'm interested in the fact that you reference seeing in pitch darkness, because today I came across a video by a German lady (or Bulgarian possibly) who was doing a presentation to an ethics society in Switzerland, and she was talking about being able to use the brain's ability for 'direct perception' which meant that people can see without using their eyes, literally sensing the colour & type of symbol on flash cards, as well as reading text, and navigating obstacle courses, etc. I found this remarkably fascinating as it did seem to be a genuine, yet little-studied phenomenon.

I'm going to be doing some further research on this, and indeed I'm actually going to give it a go. When I heard of it I got the sense that this may be a dormant/ latent ability that we all possess, yet one for which we have had no use in recent historical times. Perhaps when we lived as nomadic tribes we would have found more use for direct perception & the related phenomenon of remote viewing, in terms of locating water sources, following herd migrations & so forth.

I really do want to investigate this, so I challenge anyone here to do a little research & set up some challenges for yourself, perhaps rope the missus into helping out..

posted on Aug, 15 2021 @ 07:10 PM
link   

Nighttime is not no light, though. Conditions in the article's bet and the ritual require blocking all light from entering. That is the "unique" part.

I think it's human to feel like they are "alive" or something, but I don't get like a feeling of dread or joy from their presence. They just seem to dart around randomly.

I think it may be a trick of the eye, but being able to record them makes me skeptical. I don't think you mean cynic, but skeptic. I am a bit of a cynic, incidentally.

I am not a good source to ask the purpose of scrying. I know more about its use in an rpg than in history. I did this originally to see if anything happened, and to my surprise something did and does.

posted on Aug, 15 2021 @ 07:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: FlyInTheOintment
I would echo Death Slayer's comments about scrying in particular, whether using an obsidian or other type of mirror in dim light, I think you are playing with fire.

And why is that? What has led you to believe that conclusion? I am always looking for evidence.

posted on Aug, 16 2021 @ 07:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: Naytral

Nighttime is not no light, though. Conditions in the article's bet and the ritual require blocking all light from entering. That is the "unique" part.

I think it's human to feel like they are "alive" or something, but I don't get like a feeling of dread or joy from their presence. They just seem to dart around randomly.

I think it may be a trick of the eye, but being able to record them makes me skeptical. I don't think you mean cynic, but skeptic. I am a bit of a cynic, incidentally.

I am not a good source to ask the purpose of scrying. I know more about its use in an rpg than in history. I did this originally to see if anything happened, and to my surprise something did and does.

Same, I've read it in books and heard it mentioned in games/movies but never had any notion what its purpose was. I think some people in times long gone used it to invoke visions, prophecies and the like.

posted on Aug, 16 2021 @ 04:51 PM
link   

These visions, whether real or imagined, have a good excuse due to the dim light used.

What perplexes me is the appearance of phenomena in the absence of light. Not that I dismiss all orbs in light but I find these lights in pitch black extra fascinating.

It seems they are not well known here or maybe most places. A post I made on a similar forum got no responses. Maybe it's verboten, actually.

posted on Aug, 16 2021 @ 05:29 PM
link   
If it was not clear, the ritual is a basic mirror scry/psychomanteum except you use not candle or light at all.

You need a mirror. The ritual calls for a large one and in my experience the phenomena appears sooner with a bigger mirror.

The ritual says it to put the mirror in a small room and I have never tried a large room because it is hard to block the light out of conventional large rooms with windows. I usually used a bathroom with no windows and a big mirror on the wall.

The ritual stresses to block out all light from entering the room. I seal cracks with electrical tape.

The ritual says the room needs to be as quiet as possible, as well. I turn off the ac and tv and such.

Then a comfy chair is called for to be placed in front of the mirror. This is used to sit in, obviously.

The ritual says to go in the room alone, but I have also done it with a group to success.

You basically just sit in the chair in the black room and stare at a mirror you can't see. Supposedly more than lights can appear but I have never experienced it.

The ritual says to command anything you don't want away verbally, with authority. I have tried it on the lights and they do disperse.

posted on Sep, 2 2021 @ 02:37 PM
link   
I've noticed that in a number of paranormal claims we see "balls of light". This goes back hundreds of years. My orginaziation is working on a theory as to what that is, but we're not ready to publish just yet. The ghosts, UFO's, and heavenly lights reported all throught the earth and time are connected.

top topics

join