It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

MInd Rape. Mass Psychosis and Totalitarianism.

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:
+9 more 
posted on Aug, 13 2021 @ 06:23 PM
link   
Good afternoon folks.

I happened upon this video this afternoon looking for some new music.

The complete title of the video is ''MASS PSYCHOSIS - How an Entire Population Becomes MENTALLY ILL''. I included the term'' mind rape'', which is used during the presentation of this video because it particularly stood out to me.

The video is about 11 minutes long and along with the audio presentation, a hand quickly draws cartoonish visuals to further express the ideas being presented. Some of the images are very childlike while others are much more graphic .

Also scattered throughout are a number of very colorfully drawn images of mind numbing presence.

In watching the entire video I was impressed that for the most part, we, the viewers, are welcome to visualize for ourselves just who specifically these totalitarians are.

It's an easy watch

posted on Aug, 13 2021 @ 06:55 PM
link   
That is quite a find as far as videos go.. Clearly a lot of work, and its coupled with some very, very impressive insight that is rarely seen anywhere. I wasnt aware of this After Skool channel, and will absolutely be following it.

I agree that it was quite artfully done in remaining somewhat vague. After all, the response to the initial totalitarian social movements are just as prone to their own form of mass psychosis. It also is one of the few times I have seen legitimate commentary on how to actually handle it as well.

The parallel systems must be stressed to a pretty great degree. Far too many are still consumed by participating in structures that are driving them mad. In their fight to resist tyranny, people can fall prey to momentum of a different kind that is just as dangerous. And, if the scenario is designed to capture and direct this.. its a serious problem.

I believe that knowledge and wisdom like this will become more commonplace as 4th and 5th generation warfare becomes better understood. Ideally, we will not have to pay a high price for that understanding. Particularly since we have everything we need to build nearly every parallel system required to stall the current momentum.

Thanks for sharing Terry

posted on Aug, 13 2021 @ 07:03 PM
link   
a reply to: TerryMcGuire

I'd like to contribute with a more poetic and drastic view on the subject by Chris Hedges. He has been viewing America and most of the 'west' fall into psychosis for a while now, and most of what he has said with the death of the liberal class, as he puts it is coming true.

edit on 13-8-2021 by strongfp because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 13 2021 @ 07:16 PM
link   
I like the After Skool channel. Some good stuff on there. I haven't seen this one yet. Thanks.

posted on Aug, 13 2021 @ 07:23 PM
link   

I'm working my way up to writing a thread about the book you mentioned in the title:
Joost Meerloo M.D.'s The Rape of the Mind: The Psychology of Thought Control, Menticide, and Brainwashing",
A State of Fear: How the UK Government Weaponised Fear During the Covid-19 Pandemic by Laura Dodsworth and
The Salem Witch Trials: A Day-by-Day Chronicle of a Community Under Siege

So far I'm only partially done with each; all great reads and very well researched.

The Rape of the Mind opens with this chapter:
"You Too Would Confess"

Chilling.

Great vid! It's been shared by a few others on here but the more the better

posted on Aug, 13 2021 @ 07:30 PM
link   

This has gotta be like the 4th or 5th time I've seen this video posted on ATS. YouTube recommends it constantly for me, I've seen it posted a bunch on other sites. Yet, I still haven't watched it...dunno why...I've watched a bunch of other videos on that channel, they're usually good and I always enjoy the artwork.

I'm surprised at the youtube recommendations though, because any comment section i've seen discussing that video, not just on ATS like sites, immediately begin comparing it to what's happened this last year with covid.

posted on Aug, 13 2021 @ 07:39 PM
link   
Society collapses over night. Americans on their smart phones are too blind to see it.

posted on Aug, 13 2021 @ 07:41 PM
link   
Excellent presentation. Thank you for sharing.

reply to: TerryMcGuire

posted on Aug, 13 2021 @ 08:15 PM
link   

Academy of Ideas has a lot of excellent content.

And, yes Terry, he's talking about our corrupted government and the hypnotized who swallow the propaganda whole.

posted on Aug, 13 2021 @ 08:57 PM
link   
a reply to: Serdgiam

In their fight to resist tyranny, people can fall prey to momentum of a different kind that is just as dangerous.

Nicely put Ser and on point. The general vagueness you point to I think is necessary so as not to draw viewers into different stream of momentum as you put it.

As an old river rafter I have always had this vision of a fast moving river facing a quick drop in elevation. The current picks up and commonly at one point, divides giving the rafter or kayaker a choice of which chute to aim for. Often only one chute will get you through while another, maybe looking good in the approach will bind you up and prove fatal. This kind of situation needs to be approached cautiously and inspected closely before being drawn into one or the other.

Sometimes it becomes necessary to pull over, climb out and hike to a higher elevation to get an encompassing view of the rapids ahead.

This is where I think we are at this point, needing to pause and evaluate those differing streams of momentum...

posted on Aug, 13 2021 @ 09:00 PM
link   
a reply to: strongfp

I have studied Hedges for years, though not recently. It seemed to me that his younger outlook of hope had been becoming dashed as he chronicled the mounting failures of American liberalism. I will give the video you offer a look in the morning. Thanks Stron.

posted on Aug, 13 2021 @ 09:46 PM
link   
a reply to: zosimov

I am reluctant to admit that I have not encountered Meerloo prior to this, but I can assure you that my interest in him has been optimistically piqued.

posted on Aug, 13 2021 @ 10:32 PM
link   

I found this article published as an excerpt of the book that illustrates his extraordinary work:
archive.macleans.ca...
edit on 13-8-2021 by zosimov because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 13 2021 @ 11:20 PM
link   

The presenter got the psychotic break part 100%. at 4:22
(I wish there was a transcript of this for easy copy/past.)
The blending of fact and fiction to reorder some sort of account of what's going on. At least in individuals, if certain stressors are removed or the individual moves away from the worst stressors, things can realign back to normal.

Is it too soon to mention the pre-planning of the U.S. Invasion of Iraq? Maybe.

The Central Government united with Media and think-tanks relentlessly bombarding the hapless populace with fear, terror, dread of the horrendous existential threat that the U.S. was faced with by Iraq's almighty power to destroy cities and people on the other side of the World.

It was presented as a we must attack or die situation. All BS. But the madman at the top was psychopathically obsessed, and all the Cabinet and vast majority of Congress enabled it.

Few were able to resist. The relentless bombardment wore people down to the point that invasion seemed pre-destined, nothing in heaven or earth could stop it. Eventually, hands were just thrown up "Then let's just do it and get it out of our systems already. Nothing can stop it. It is inevitable."

--------
In that case, the institutions were strong and mighty, working together to project the Imperial might outward, upon another country.

Now, for some reason, those institutions are the things under attack, weakened, distrusted, vilified. Anti-establishmentarianism is the fad of the day, pushed by alternative and some mainstream media making it heroic to vilify the very institutions which heretofore provided a stability. Anti-government is the new cool.

The power now is directed internally to invade and occupy ourselves and separate the righteous from the wicked. We are in a World of hurt. Anxiety is reaching the point where mass psychosis is seemingly just as inevitable as was the inevitability of the Iraq invasion.

Our descent into chaos will then necessitate a delusional savior to fixate upon and thus our coming totalitarianism will be (to be determined).

edit on 14-8-2021 by pthena because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 14 2021 @ 12:20 AM
link   
a reply to: pthena

I think it may be not too soon to mention the pre-planning of the U.S. Invasion of Iraq. Maybe

As good a place as any, and maybe better than some.

I recall the immediate call to arms, to rise up and find the villains, to smack em down. I expected it from hawks but there was almost no resistance from doves as well. Didn't matter who did 9/11, either Bin Laden or covert domestic, either would do. The plans as you say I am sure were on the drawing boards. Didn't take a genius to know that something was bound to go blooey. Something, any thing. As Georgie sat speechless with those school kids, the gears were already in motion.

Our descent into chaos will then necessitate a delusional savior to fixate upon and thus our coming totalitarianism will be (to be determined).
And that right there is one tough cookie, the fixation of all the flocks.

edit on 31America/ChicagoSat, 14 Aug 2021 00:23:49 -0500Sat, 14 Aug 2021 00:23:49 -050021082021-08-14T00:23:49-05:001200000023 by TerryMcGuire because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 14 2021 @ 01:27 AM
link   

With great speed and venom, any detractor of the building narrative was delegitimized, and branded as "unpatriotic" eg. Scott Ritter (actual weapons inspector), the former Ambassador who went to Niger, a top Cabinet member, and etc.

It was more important that "Curveball", a discredited source of information be elevated to infallibility status, claims he later recanted.

When it came right down to a UNSC resolution that the US sought to authorize invasion, it looked to me like a last chance effort to prevent war if Spain withdrew, so that's when I [ redacted ]. So there was no UNSC resolution authorizing invasion.

But then it was all "We don't need UN. We can unilaterally authorize whatever we need to."

I can't find the actual Cheney quote but it went something like "I never said that Iraq was behind 9-11." But of course he spent a whole year giving talks in which he never said "9-11" without also saying "Iraq" in the same sentence, and never did he say "Iraq" without including "9-11" in the same sentence.

Well I tried and failed.

I even called Biden's office before the bombardment of Afghanistan, back when he was Chairman of Foreign relations. He was in the other office though so I didn't get the chance to tell him my "ingenious" plan to not invade Afghanistan.

But yeah. I was already used up. Nothing left for TDS. And now here we are with a situation like when the Roman Church had more than one Pope.

posted on Aug, 14 2021 @ 07:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: pthena

In that case, the institutions were strong and mighty, working together to project the Imperial might outward, upon another country.

Now, for some reason, those institutions are the things under attack, weakened, distrusted, vilified. Anti-establishmentarianism is the fad of the day, pushed by alternative and some mainstream media making it heroic to vilify the very institutions which heretofore provided a stability

Hi pthena,
Great points about the war in Iraq.
Wouldn't your bolded point above be fodder for an anti-establishment bent? That an institution would strong-arm and brainwash a population through fear in order to "project the Imperial might outward, upon another country"?

Recently watched an excellent Eric Weinstein podcast in which he praised the value of the institution (to which I agree--the established Constitution, the government and philosophy and medicine that civilization has worked to develop etc) and mentioned reflexive reactionaries who just want to oppose anything establishment--I know I have to watch myself there sometimes.

There's definitely a discernment which needs to happen between the inherent good of "system, stability" and the sometimes highly flawed officials or technocrats who would use the power of the system for personal gain at the terrible expense of people's lives and health.

posted on Aug, 14 2021 @ 10:13 AM
link   
a reply to: strongfp

''The danger is, this time, when we go down, the entire planet goes down with us.''

This jumped out at me. There IS no place to run. For me, the hackneyed old slogan ''we are all in this together'' is not just some pie in the sky feel good new age mantra, it's reality.

''empathy is seen as weakness''

For me, empathy and compassion go hand in hand and seem to be a crux point for us as individuals in our growth AS individuals. Years ago I noticed how empathy and compassion were, by some, given a pejorative label of ''bleeding heart, how empathy for the plight of down trodden races became ''white guilt''.

''They know it's coming.''

Oh boy do they ever.

''You can't talk about hope if you can't see reality, and reality is pretty bleak''

But what do we have left? Hope. Hope that Biden and company will put us back on course after that last dead end road we took. That Trump is the central figure for an American Renaissance. Both are ludicrous from the stand point of reality as Hedges views it.

In his presentation here he seems more collected than he did when I lost track of him several years ago. He seems more resigned now than he did then, Back then he seemed frantic. I think that for a long time he had ''hope'' and struggled to keep it central to his life in the face of mounting evidence that it was futile. Now, from that video, he almost seems detached, as nothing more than a chronicler instead of a teacher or motivator.

I was a vociferous reader years ago, taking my own courses in the study of me, of us, of the whole megillah. I spent several years on the topic of collapse. Somewhere along the line I just gave it up realizing that any body or pool of information I might acquire would be meaningless on any scale beyond myself and my immediate surroundings. So much of what was being published just seemed to be reiteration.

I did however pick up one book recently that acted like a key to understanding the seemingly random aspects of what I have seen going on around us. I picked it up and could not put it down until I finished.

By historian Kurt Anderson '' How America Went Haywire'' chronicles the ''magical'' thinking tha spurred a lot of the compulsion to set sail for the new world 500 years ago and now this has motivated much of our course over the years. That this ''magical'' thinking has permeated our society and now especially in the last 100 years has been driven by Hollywood and the vaster ''entertainment industrial complex. Like a number of scenes from the video you offered of people in cartoon character costumes and everyone out for spectacle.

The beauty of the book is it is a take down on both those who think of themselves on the left as those who think of themselves on the right. Both following and fighting over fantasies.

posted on Aug, 14 2021 @ 10:23 AM
link   
a reply to: pthena

But yeah. I was already used up. Nothing left for TDS. And now here we are with a situation like when the Roman Church had more than one Pope.

Yeah, Rome or Avignon. What a freekin choice huh? And TDS? That is a virus that cuts both ways,yet just one more example of our near total derangement, our own divorce from reality.

posted on Aug, 14 2021 @ 11:00 AM
link   
a reply to: zosimovI admit that I was unable to read the entire article. I have a habit of attempting to internalize all that I read and the insights presented in the article were way to vast to take it all in. One passage though quite near the beginning sounded rather familiar.

''In 1936 and 1937 the world became more conscious of the very real danger of systematized mental coercion in the field of politics. This was the period of the well-remembered Moscow purge trials. It was almost impossible to believe that dedicated old Bolsheviks had suddenly turned traitor; the general world reaction was that this was just a propaganda move to deceive the non-Communist world. But gradually it became apparent that a much worse tragedy was being enacted. The men on trial had once been human beings Now the world saw them being changed into puppets.''

Understanding of course the color of my own optics this fairly describes the present kow-towing we see going on as those old Bolsheviks of the Republican party transform into puppets of the Trump Party.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join