It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What approach do you use to validate information and claims people make?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 14 2021 @ 08:22 AM
link   
I drill down into the material until I find the actual source of the information provided. Too often I find I have to drill down 3 or 4 levels to find the quoted source, sometimes I can't even find that. An article, if they provide a source, will quote another article, that quotes another, and then another. If I can't drill down to the original source material I give up and assume there is no solid source to refer to and file it into the BS bin.

When I find the original source I then compare that with other sources that refute that information, then drill down into that. I then compare the original sources and determine which is more believable based on how much I trust the source or if it is based on some flawed logic or arguement. If I'm uncertain I may go deeper to see who is responsible for those sources or where they get their funding, although after going that deep, it becomes obvious who is pushing an agenda and who is presenting "facts" in as an unbiased way as possible.

At that point it becomes a matter of my own opinion on who is being more honest in there reports based on what I have found to that point.

ETA: Memes are the worst for me. I have to type in the subject from the graphic and other related information to determine the source. I'll often put up the link when I find it, some people like my self appreciate that. Otherwise you just have some information you have to take at face value and usually it is presented to cause an emotional reaction.
edit on 14-8-2021 by MichiganSwampBuck because: Added extra comments

posted on Aug, 14 2021 @ 08:23 AM
link   
a reply to: opethPA

I check the Q thread. If something is posted there as fact I understand the complete opposite is what actually occurred or will occur.

posted on Aug, 14 2021 @ 10:43 AM
link   

What approach do you use to validate information and claims people make?

I always go straight away to infowars/Alex Jones. If you can't trust Alex, then who can you trust?

His expose' of the Gay Frog pandemic was enough to convince me of this man's absolute integrity!!!

posted on Aug, 14 2021 @ 10:51 AM
link   
a reply to: opethPA

If it's Bitchute it's BS.

Nuff said.

posted on Aug, 14 2021 @ 12:05 PM
link   
a reply to: AaarghZombies
What about YouTube?

What about many many books that warned against what is actually happening now?

<< 1   >>

join