It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Biden killing domestic oil so he asks OPEC to increase production while the Taliban conquers

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 13 2021 @ 10:26 AM
link   
a reply to: peter_kandra

I agree with you that we should not be reliant on OPEC. This is why we should be looking into alternative fuels. Hydrogen being my preferred choice for powering autos.

And, again, prices went negative because, worldwide, people were locked down and not consuming as much gasoline. This is not some OPEC conspiracy about trying to drive US companies out of business. It's simple supply and demand. If demand is low and supply is high price goes down.

Well nothing has been done to decrease our domestic output. We have surpassed Saudi Arabia as the largest producer of oil for several years now. In fact we are the top oil producing nation in the world.

posted on Aug, 13 2021 @ 11:01 AM
link   
a reply to: grey580

I definitely agree with the alternatives. I'm not sure why more emphasis into put into them rather than the push for EVs, which will just create tremendous demand overnight for charging those millions of cars.

I will disagree about OPEC though. They have always been manipulative with prices, even though some members blatantly disregard output quotas.

posted on Aug, 13 2021 @ 11:05 AM
link   
The Trump Administration had oil under control and with a U.S. advantage.

What made the Biden Administration change and cancel ?? 😵‍💫

posted on Aug, 13 2021 @ 01:26 PM
link   
a reply to: grey580

we were EXPORTING OIL when we were doing our own drilling/fracking. The biggest oil companies(most owned by saudis now) were trying to drive prices down,to make it less profitable.

posted on Aug, 13 2021 @ 03:24 PM
link   
a reply to: themessengernevermatters

We “indirectly” funded them back in the day www.nbcnews.com... , and to think they have not been doing the same for the last decade would be naive. And of course it’s about more than oil. I clearly stated that this is about the green agenda, which is big tech. Afghanistan has a large amount of lithium, and its a lot easier to get as a foreigner if the region is destabilized. Coincidently the propaganda outlet has you concerned with terrorists on the other side of the globe that pose zero threat to you, and only pose a threat to corporations pockets in the future. They have you worrying about terrorists overseas and not the terrorists eroding your individual freedoms right here in the United States. So ya, propaganda at it's finest.

posted on Aug, 13 2021 @ 03:34 PM
link   
a reply to: Flyingclaydisk

They have oil, not enough to brag about, but they still have it. And they’re about to have a bunch flowing through the region in the coming years. www.nbr.org...

posted on Aug, 14 2021 @ 03:37 AM
link   
a reply to: Flyingclaydisk

From a friend of mine...

727Sky - The Taliban is a creation of the ISI, the Pakistani version of the CIA. In 1994, they hit on a plan to take over Afghanistan and run it as a Pak proxy, so they recruited Pak students in madrasas in the Northwest Territories ('Talib" means "Student", "Taliban" means "The Students") and sent them in to take the country over. They sent them in to Kandahar, which city the Taliban just took back again a couple days ago. Anyhow, native Afghans consider the Taliban to be "foreign mercenaries", because they came from Pakistan under the direction of the ISI. The Northern Alliance stuffed money into the mouths of dead Taliban fighters on their way to Kabul in 2001, which is an Afghan tradition to "pay the mercenaries their last pay".

posted on Aug, 14 2021 @ 03:59 AM
link   
a reply to: 727Sky

I don't know why fuel prices are increasing so much in the US.
And I'm not too familiar with Biden's oil policy etc.

I do know that Saudi Arabia is bullying OPEC+ into keeping oil production relatively low and prices high.

I don't know why the US is kowtowing to OPEC+ - as usual the US seems to be at Saudi Arabia's beck and call and that's not something that is unique to the Biden administration.

As for Afghanistan; isn't Biden just carrying out a policy instigated by Trump?

I certainly don't agree with it - we in the UK are doing exactly the same and abandoning the Afghani people and allowing The Taliban to overrun the country and impose their fundamentalist Sharia Law on everyone.

posted on Aug, 14 2021 @ 04:18 AM
link   
Who cares about Afghanistan. It was stupid of us to start a pointless war in that country. Just think what we could of done here in the US with all the money wasted. Who paying Fox News to push that bias crap.... Military industrial complex is.

We can thank Wall Street hedge fund companies for the price of gasoline in this country. They pull this same crap over and over.

posted on Aug, 14 2021 @ 08:41 AM
link   
a reply to: yuppa

What do you mean when we were exporting oil? Oil exports reached record highs in 2020 and continue near that in 2021.

posted on Aug, 14 2021 @ 12:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: 727Sky
This video claims 65% of Afghanistan is under Taliban control.

What do you care? Are you a Pashtun?

The Afghan government is deeply corrupt and too weak to even hold it's own cities, so someone more organised and powerful is taking over. Personally I don't like it, but it's the way of the world.

Do you think the US should sacrifice more blood and dollars to prop up this corrupt regime? How many dollars and how many American lives do you think it is worth?

posted on Aug, 15 2021 @ 03:27 AM
link   
a reply to: MrEnergy

Yah Mr. non energy I care!!! A lot !!! Because I know that Marxism is evil, diabolical, and absolutely despotic, not to mention the worst economic system possible!!!!
The Marxist radical left have always pushed an agenda of letting the communists win in foreign countries while we fight “ unwinnable” wars. The op is correct. How can you even bother to talk about the green agenda and at the same time declare “ who cares”...
Yes I care very much because even though you are spouting the words of a conspiracy theory, you don’t seem to even k is that the current admin wants the taliban to take over the entire country. By the way, it wasn’t the Taliban which was infiltrated by the cia, it was the Mujahidin who was supported by the American gov, and Bin Ladin was said to be a cia assett. The Taliban are a bunch of backward thugs who are in the child slavery business. You need to get your facts straight.
If indeed the Three letter agency has anything to do with Taliban, it would be because things are now controlled by a leftist army of Marxist in our govt. www.washingtoninstitute.org...
Although it appears that some former Mujahidin were involved in the formation of Taliban, they are radically for sharia Law, and hasn’t it been since the former BO admin came to power that we saw the rise of Taliban and sharia in general ? www.google.com...
Why is the current admin (bo 2.0) leaving Afghanistan now to the control of the Taliban ? www.organiser.org...
edit on 15-8-2021 by ThirdEyeofHorus because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 15 2021 @ 04:27 AM
link   

Lithium is the new oil. And Afghanistan has it in bucket loads. The US will want cro trolley before China and I believe that is why the taliban are making a come back and the real goal of the peace talks with them.

posted on Aug, 15 2021 @ 05:33 AM
link   

Biden begging the taliban not to attack the U.S Embassy....

Has anyone see Trump beg ISIS or any terror group ? No because Trump has a spine.

Has anyone seen Biden giving that list to Putin asking him to please not hack the places on his list? We would never see Trump do that because Trump has a spine.

posted on Aug, 15 2021 @ 09:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: everyone

Biden begging the taliban not to attack the U.S Embassy....

Has anyone see Trump beg ISIS or any terror group ? No because Trump has a spine.

Has anyone seen Biden giving that list to Putin asking him to please not hack the places on his list? We would never see Trump do that because Trump has a spine.

It has always been that despotic groups of people take over entire countries when Marxism is allowed to
Flourish. We supported the Mujahidin because they were the resistance to the pro communist soviet factions. Today the Taliban are involved in terrible abuses against children.

posted on Aug, 15 2021 @ 09:51 AM
link   
a reply to: ThirdEyeofHorus

Are you seriously trying to say that The Taliban are Marxist?

posted on Aug, 15 2021 @ 10:18 AM
link   
Something I think everyone needs to understand is that all oil is not the same. The US, for the most part, produces sweet light crude. This is the oil that most of Europe and Russia, and the rest of the world, uses to convert into whatever oil is made into. The US, in a strategic move, built refining capacity for sour crude. This meant that we were energy purchasers, and thus would deplete foreign reserves and retain our own. Converting to sweet light refining isn't all that difficult, but its expensive and we won't do it due to the above mentioned reason.

Asking OPEC to increase production doesn't do much to impact the cost of our oil. We buy most of our oil from Venezuela and canada, if i recall. They are exporters of sour crude.

What he is asking OPEC to do is offset the lag in US production, but that will have effect on foreign markets only, and won't effect our fuel costs too much, as its a different oil supply requiring different refining capacity.

It is odd that he didn't just let OPEC do it on their own, and allow US companies to make additional marginal revenues from the lag in production shift.

posted on Aug, 15 2021 @ 10:19 AM
link   
a reply to: Freeborn

Most people today don't know what terms like Marxist and Fascist really mean. They use them as insults, and are applied outside of definitive meaning other than "you're ugly and i don't like you".

Taliban is decidedly fascist in their leaning.

posted on Aug, 15 2021 @ 04:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: Freeborn
a reply to: ThirdEyeofHorus

Are you seriously trying to say that The Taliban are Marxist?

In his defense that is not what he said. He meant that groups like that take advantage of the fact that communist countries are weakened. At least that is how i understood him. Other than that it did not have a whole lot to do with my post.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join